This Page

has been moved to new address

Twice-Baked Acorn Squash

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Twice-Baked Acorn Squash

This Page

has been moved to new address

Twice-Baked Acorn Squash

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Twice-Baked Acorn Squash

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Twice-Baked Acorn Squash

So I tried something new today. I gathered up some ingredients from the depths of my pantry and fridge and make twice baked acorn squash.

The ingredients were pretty basic

2 tbsp nonfat sour cream (plain greek yogurt would be good too!)
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
6 sliced chives
shredded cheese

you just bake the squash until soft, take out some of the insides and mash them together with the above ingredients.

001

I paired my stuffed acorn squash with 5 mini chicken sausages and some stuffing.

003

The stuffing was just a boxed mix with butter and chicken stock. Nothing special but it tasted out of this world good.

004

The squash? Meh, I didn't hate it. But the paprika really got to me. Paprika reminds me of deviled eggs. I. LOATHE. DEVILED. EGGS. I had to stop eating because it was bothering me so much. Andy said he liked his squash so I'm pretty sure it's just me being nuts.

Do spices ever bother you like this? I'm irritated. I wanted to like the acorn squash so badly! Next time, I'm going to try the butter and brown sugar route.

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At November 4, 2009 at 7:56 PM , Blogger Emily said...

I have an acorn squash in my fridge and I've been trying to figure out what to do with it! I think I know now!

P.S. I got your package and LOVVVVVED it! I'm having to start a new blog that has none of my contact info on it as I'm being stalked via the internet! hehe! Just didn't want you to think I didn't appreciate it!

 
At November 5, 2009 at 2:26 AM , Blogger The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after said...

YUM, thanks for sharing.
All the very best.

 
At November 5, 2009 at 7:32 AM , Blogger Mari said...

Yums to the Squash but double yums to the chicken sausage ha

 
At November 5, 2009 at 8:23 AM , Anonymous Meg @ Be Fit Be Full said...

I am not a huge fan of cloves - blech. And cloves are in pumpkin pie spice! I have an acorn squash that I may just have to bake twice tonight!

 
At November 5, 2009 at 9:02 AM , Blogger Tamara said...

I would definitely encourage you to try the squash again with sweetness in mind. I think you'll like it a lot better. I LOVE acorn squash, but I like it best when it tastes sweet versus savory.

 
At November 5, 2009 at 9:22 AM , Blogger Erica said...

hey hey! I do my squash in the micro sometimes- makes for a quick din din! 1/2 an acorn takes about 13 minutes. For toppings, I like either salsa or tomato sauce, beans (hooray for protein), and veggies!

 
At November 5, 2009 at 9:44 AM , Anonymous Whitney @ Lettuce Love said...

I need to try acorn squash -- looks yum!

 
At November 5, 2009 at 11:04 AM , Blogger Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

Emily- No worries! I'm glad you liked it!

 
At November 5, 2009 at 4:16 PM , Anonymous Jessica said...

Your acorn squash looks delish! I soooo wish I was going to the foodbuzz fest!

 
At November 5, 2009 at 4:36 PM , Blogger Andy said...

i thought the acorn squash was really really tasty and different from our normal routine. so...amanda is nuts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home