This Page

has been moved to new address

Ashley is a freaking genius.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Ashley is a freaking genius.

This Page

has been moved to new address

Ashley is a freaking genius.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Ashley is a freaking genius.

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Ashley is a freaking genius.

My friend Ashley over at On the Rocks is a genius. But before I go into that, let me show you what Andy and I had for dinner last night.

001

Zucchini with parmesan cheese, seasoning and butter. With a side of pesto chicken and some spinach florentine pasta sauce. (I have decided to make meat more of a side dish than a main course.)

002

This zucchini recipe is actually stolen from my dad. My dad usually does this by grilling zucchini with seasonings, butter and tons of parmesan. He wraps the zucchini in foil and puts it on the bbq. I don't own a BBQ so I did this in the oven instead. Not as good but still delicious.

003

My small side of pesto chicken was actually perfect. It's amazing how much less I eat when I serve myself less!!

Onto why Ashley is a genius. On Saturday a bunch of us went over to Ashley's house for a potluck dinner. I was lazy and didn't make anything but Ashley made AMAZING food.

Ashley's 25th Birthday

I knew I had to borrow Ashley's Southwestern Eggroll recipe and make it tonight.

004

Instead of using chicken, I used this frozen pork al pastor from Trader Joe's.

005

The filling had corn, black beans, red peppers, spinach, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, shredded cheese and chopped tomatoes.

006

007

I made the rookie mistake of frying these in WAAYY too much olive oil. I had to blot them a lot!

008

I also over lemon juiced the guacamole. I suck today!

009

Because of the over-oiling, I cut our portions down. I used whole wheat/high fiber tortillas so I knew they'd fill us up. I made a total of 8 southwestern eggrolls but we only had 4 tonight. Trust me I could have had all 8 by myself. They were THAT good.

P.S. I lost 0.6 at my weigh-in tonight. Slow but steady! I am totally down!!!!

12 Comments:

At October 27, 2009 at 10:01 PM , Anonymous Lindsey @ Sound Eats said...

You don't suck today! We all make rookie mistakes in the kitchen all the time. :) (i.e. you'd think by now I'd remember to be careful when juicing lemons so they don't shoot juice into my eyes...or that I'd remember to do something to make myself not cry when chopping onions! Or not to burn garlic - do that a lot). :)

Congrats on your loss! A loss is a loss and I'm happy for you, friend!

 
At October 28, 2009 at 5:28 AM , Anonymous Whitney @ Lettuce Love said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Slow and steady is the way to do it :)

 
At October 28, 2009 at 5:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always screw up guac, so don't feel bad, ha ha.

Congrats on the loss, slow and steady is the way to go!

 
At October 28, 2009 at 7:10 AM , Blogger Mari said...

Congrats on the weight loss honey! and btw that meal looks really delish!

 
At October 28, 2009 at 7:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay its going to be so much funnnn :) hot yoga is so fun! i cant' wait! and congrats on the loss :) xoxo

 
At October 28, 2009 at 8:39 AM , Blogger Missy said...

The southwest eggrollls look great! I'll have to try those.

YAY for a loss!! Great job!

 
At October 28, 2009 at 10:07 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

glad you liked em so much....they look great!
good job on the weight loss...i'm still struggling with mine!

 
At October 28, 2009 at 11:11 AM , Anonymous Shannon said...

Hi there! Thanks for visiting my blog. Southwest eggrolls...what a great idea!

 
At October 28, 2009 at 11:58 AM , Blogger Naomi(Onefitfoodie) said...

congrats on the weight loss!!

my google reader is not updating updatin for some reason But I am still updatingg!

your dinner looks great I love zuchinni!!

 
At October 28, 2009 at 12:25 PM , Blogger Yum Yucky said...

Oh wow. I want that Guac concoction. Much better than this boring dry pretzel I'm chomping on.

 
At October 29, 2009 at 3:03 PM , Anonymous Dawn (HealthySDLiving) said...

OMG that looks so incredibly delicious! Mmmm!

 
At October 30, 2009 at 10:54 AM , Blogger Diana said...

what the whatburger?!? Tj's makes a frozen al pastor? I am in heaven. They'd better have it in ventura!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home