This Page

has been moved to new address

I feel a weakness coming on

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: I feel a weakness coming on

This Page

has been moved to new address

I feel a weakness coming on

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: I feel a weakness coming on

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Friday, October 30, 2009

I feel a weakness coming on

Sorry for the lack of posts! I've been trying to keep up with my blog reading though. I've been keeping busy with my credential application and some other lovely things.

001

I've even resorted to eating apples in my car. At least I'm eating honeycrisps!

002

I visited my parents. They decorate their house every year with these Nightmare before Christmas wood cut-outs that my dad and sister made over 10 years ago.

003

They are pretty good actually!

004

005

006

Halloween is TOMORROW! I'm going to a halloween party and I still haven't thought of a costume. I'm not good at that sort of thing. Do you have any plans?

Last night I attempted to make Sweet Potato soup using a recipe from Cooking Light

007

The ingredients were simple. Cubed sweet potato, leeks, pancetta (it called for ham but we all know pancetta is better!) milk and chicken broth. I thought this recipe would be a snap!

009

I also made Cheddar-Green Onion biscuits from Williams Sonoma this recipe asked for bacon but I omited it. These biscuits were perfect. I think I finally figured it out. The key is sliced butter into tiny chunks and making sure the chunks do not melt!

010

I liked the soup but I need a stronger food processor. It had chunks of sweet potato in it. I threw in some cajun chicken sausage for smoky flavor and cajun seasonings and that seemed to really help. I guess I was expecting a super creamy soup and it wasn't. (It was tasty but needed something!) Next time I may try canned pureed sweet potato.

I'm not feeling so hot today. I think I'm coming down with a cold! Hopefully I'll get another honeymoon recap up this week. Andy has been so tired this week, I feel bad making him post one!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At October 30, 2009 at 8:52 AM , Blogger Missy said...

Fun foods this week! Both look really good and the soup sounds good even though it wasn't your favorite.

Have fun at the party!

 
At October 30, 2009 at 8:54 AM , Blogger Mari said...

They made those???? they look great!

I hope you feel better honey and have fun at the fiesta

 
At October 30, 2009 at 9:04 AM , Anonymous Whitney @ Lettuce Love said...

Yummy!

Hope you feel better :)

 
At October 30, 2009 at 10:09 AM , Blogger Erica said...

oh goodness! I hope you feel better before Halloween! Those biscuits look awesome! I love williams sonoma's recipes. Good luck with the 3 miles- you can totally do it!

 
At October 30, 2009 at 1:26 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

Fun decorations!! Have a great time at your party tomorrow!!

I've never thought of sweet potato soup before. Sounds delicious!!

 
At October 30, 2009 at 3:46 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

oh no! rest up and feel better chica!

 
At October 30, 2009 at 6:22 PM , Anonymous Joyce said...

Bravo, Mrs. Boo, That soup and those biscuits look divine! I think that the Great Helen would have awarded you the Golden Spoon for that dinner!

 
At October 31, 2009 at 2:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honeycrisps are awesome, I got a sample of one at Costco today :)

I've been trying to think of something to do with all these potatoes I have at home and I think some sort of potato soup is a good idea!

Hope you feel better soon, I've come down with something myself. I think its the crazy weather we've been having here lately.

 
At October 31, 2009 at 2:35 PM , Anonymous Paige@ RunningaroundNormal said...

Aww your decorations are adorable! Love them:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home