This Page

has been moved to new address

Viva Las Vegas: First stop Baker, Ca

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Viva Las Vegas: First stop Baker, Ca

This Page

has been moved to new address

Viva Las Vegas: First stop Baker, Ca

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Viva Las Vegas: First stop Baker, Ca

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Viva Las Vegas: First stop Baker, Ca

Hello! I'm back from my mini-vacation to Las Vegas. We go to Vegas almost three times a year because it's fairly inexpensive (if you don't gamble a ton!), has tons of fun food places, tons of people-watching and fun pools. This trip wasn't much different. We scored a deal for a cheap room at Mandalay Bay and decided to check it out. This was my first stay there.

(And my camera battery died halfway through the trip so I had my friend Tiffany and my sister Sarah take a lot of pictures for me.)

011

We live about 4 hours away from Las Vegas. We stopped in Baker, Ca for lunch. Mad Greek was a big hit.

012

013

014

The lines were long! Tons of people lined up, in the drive-thru and sitting down to eat. I was kind of surprised. Baker has tons of fast food options yet other people wanted to avoid that route. Love it! Fast food is the worst part about road trips in my opinion.

015

My sisters Emily and Sarah with my best friend Tiffany waiting for their food.

016

The gyro. It's full of cucumbers, gyro meat (beef/lamb blend), tomatoes, tzatziki sauce and minced onions. The pita bread is soft and fresh, the meat is warm and flavorful and the tzatziki is so garlicy!

The rice pilaf that comes on the side has tons of flavor too. Usually I find rice to be boring.

017

I'm telling you this sauce is garlicky with huge chucks of fresh cucumber. It's delicious but bring some gum with you just in case.

018

We left the Mad Greek and headed to VEGAS.

019

Clearly I am practicing my squats. Jillian and Jackie would be proud.

Labels: , , , , , ,

23 Comments:

At June 16, 2010 at 9:19 AM , Blogger AllThingsYummy said...

I've passed by Mad Greek so many times on the way to Vegas and never thought to stop. I'll definitely give it a try next time.

 
At June 16, 2010 at 9:28 AM , Anonymous kalin said...

i'm jealous of your vegas proximity!

 
At June 16, 2010 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Hillary said...

My husband would be so jealous if he heard you go to Vegas that often! We went once for his sister's wedding 3 years ago and he's been talking about going back ever since.

 
At June 16, 2010 at 10:18 AM , Anonymous Emily (A Nutritionist Eats) said...

What a fun trip! I have NEVER been to Vegas. (horrifying, I know)

 
At June 16, 2010 at 10:26 AM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

That gyro looks really, really good!! It looks like you're doing a yoga move in the last picture, hehe!! ;)

 
At June 16, 2010 at 10:47 AM , Blogger Yelena said...

Your pictures are cute :)

I love Greek food and Vegas. I would love a mini vacay right about now!

 
At June 16, 2010 at 11:05 AM , Blogger lynn said...

mad greek!!! i hear they have great veggie burgers!

 
At June 16, 2010 at 11:18 AM , Blogger Mo Diva said...

speaking of tzatziki... i need to get some! or make some. whatever comes first.
i have never been to vegas or anywhere that far west.

i feel the urge to get up and go though.

 
At June 16, 2010 at 11:20 AM , Blogger Mo Diva said...

i have never been to vegas but its def on my bucket list! that gyro looks like heaven!

 
At June 16, 2010 at 11:21 AM , Blogger Pam said...

The Greek cafe looked popular. Vegas is always a blast.

 
At June 16, 2010 at 11:22 AM , Blogger Mo Diva said...

this is my 3rd attempt at commenting. blogger is really pissing me off!
1. i want to go to there
2. vegas is on my bucket list
3. i havent had a gyro in AGES!

 
At June 16, 2010 at 12:28 PM , Blogger Missy said...

Looks like such a fun trip!!! Can't wait to hear about the rest.

 
At June 16, 2010 at 12:37 PM , Blogger Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

I am jealous that you can DRIVE to Vegas. I got there in 4 hours on a plane, ha ha ;-) Can't wait to see what else you did!

 
At June 16, 2010 at 12:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Vegas! I'm so jealous that you live so close :)

 
At June 16, 2010 at 1:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I neeeeed to go to Vegas! So many people I know have been going lately... have fun!

 
At June 16, 2010 at 5:20 PM , Anonymous Michelle said...

hhahahha I didn't even notice how full out aweosme your squat was until you mentioned it!! Never mind Jillian, I'm proud of you!! I tried the 30 day shred for the 1st time yesterday and it kicked my butt. :P

You're gonna have so much fun in Vegas!! Looks like you have a fun crowd! Make sure you hit up the great food there too!!! :)

 
At June 16, 2010 at 5:38 PM , Anonymous ashleigh said...

Nice squat girl ;)

I looove greek food, it is so amazing.

can't wait to hear more about your vegas trip!

 
At June 17, 2010 at 1:07 AM , Blogger Jenn said...

I've always wanted to try the Mad Greek. I always pass it when I drive to Vegas, but never really stopped. Luckily I'm taking a trip to Vegas in the coming weeks, so I've got to remember to take little pitstop.

 
At June 17, 2010 at 8:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love gyros sammies - just not with onions! :D

That is such a fun get together!! Have I told you lately how jealous I am that you live in California??!!

 
At June 17, 2010 at 11:42 AM , Blogger Mari said...

"Jillian and Jackie would be proud" hahaha I loved that!

It looks like such a fun trip and you look fabulous! =)

 
At June 17, 2010 at 5:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That gyro looks delicious. I remember how they taste from when I was a meat eater.

 
At June 18, 2010 at 3:45 AM , Blogger Jen said...

Mad Greek looks awesome!!!

Jen
http://jenslosinit.blogspot.com/

 
At June 23, 2010 at 3:32 AM , Blogger prashant said...

I'll definitely give it a try next time.
Banner Advertising Network India

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home