This Page

has been moved to new address

Breakfast on the patio

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Breakfast on the patio

This Page

has been moved to new address

Breakfast on the patio

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Breakfast on the patio

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Breakfast on the patio

This morning I slept in (yay for my first night with no coughing!) and decided to have breakfast on the patio.

001

I bought this little coffee table months ago on sale at Target but we never seem to eat outside. It's a nice patio and the table is nicer than our dining table (which we never use BTW!)

002

I want to love Kashi Go Lean crunch but it hurts my teeth. I usually pair it with creamy yogurt to soften it up a bit. It's much more enjoyable this way. I measured out my serving and it's a little less than 1/2 cup. I can't each more than that. This is the only cereal I don't binge on.

003

Fresh raspberries. There is nothing better. I remember growing up and playing in my Nana's backyard with my cousins. We discovered a raspberry and blackberry bush and ate them until our faces were covered in juice. Then we played vampires. This is another story entirely.

004

I found a $2 off coupon for this new flavor of Naked Juice and decided to drink half of it with breakfast this morning. I figured I could use all the superfood I could get with this illness lingering.

005

I won't lie to you...the addition of chickpeas and 91! corn kernals kind of bugged me out. I smelled it first. Kind of smelled like beets.

007

Then I poured myself a glass. (1/4 of the bottle)

008

It looks like beets. It tasted like chalky tomatoes and sweet berries. I couldn't stomach it. It wasn't necessarily bad but the texture got me. I'm going to add this to my next smoothie and see if that goes over well. I'm too chicken to drink it straight up.

006

With the raspberries and kashi, I had this amazing vanilla bean greek yogurt. It's expensive at $1.69 a cup but so worth it. 12 grams of protein too! It's funny because normally I don't love vanilla flavored yogurts but this one I love. The little specks of vanilla bean make it.

Eating breakfast outside was such a nice change of pace for me. I actually managed to score a sub job tomorrow (the last day of school) so I figured I might as well take some time for myself. I'm taking it easy with the workouts, sleeping in and lazing around. I don't want to be sick tomorrow! Hopefully the 2 a day antibiotic/inhaler plan works out for me.

I finally got my eyebrows done and I can't wait to show you. I went to the spa at Coldwater Creek and can not gush enough about the experience. My eyebrows are a mess ever since I tweezed the hell out of them in high school and I'm slowly trying to get them to a more natural shape. Drives me nuts.

2 questions for today.

1. Do you fill your eyebrows in with a shadow or pencil? I might need to start. Fill me in!

2. Do you like fruit/veggie juices. Normally I do but today's juice was blech.

Labels: , , , , ,

18 Comments:

At June 10, 2010 at 10:52 AM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

I love eating leisurely breakfasts outside! Such a nice way to start the day. I used to be addicted to Kashi Go Lean Crunch, but it's weird... my favorite way to eat it was mixed up with some PB2! I ate it like that for almost an entire year almost every single day!

Mmmmmmmm, fresh raspberries!! I had some really good ones at my moms a little while back. So good!!

 
At June 10, 2010 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Mari said...

AWWW I am so jealous! that is the number one thing that I miss from my old apartment...THE PATIO! I used to sit out there alllll the time and get some sun.

I have never been able to shade in my eyerbrows...I feel like Joan Crawford "NOOOOO WIRE HANGERS!"

 
At June 10, 2010 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

I'm currently drinking Veggie Blast juice so I guess I do, yeah! I would like to try that one you had to see if I like it. I love the Naked green machine juice. It has stuff like jerusalem artichokes in it but it tastes sweet to me :)

 
At June 10, 2010 at 11:20 AM , Blogger Dugout Daisy said...

Isn't it nice the weather is warming up and we can enjoy eating outside? I love this time of the year, not too hot and not too cold.
I always use a shadow for my eyebrows. And I LOVE carrot juice, like borderline obsessed with it... I'll drink gallons of it if someone doesn't monitor me! Hahaha! :)

 
At June 10, 2010 at 12:14 PM , Anonymous sophia said...

I hate fruit/veggie juices...I just don't DO juice. (and I just sounded like such a snob by saying that haha!)

I don't do my eyebrows, because I don't even do lipstick. Man, there is so many things I don't do, huh?

 
At June 10, 2010 at 12:35 PM , Anonymous Nicolette said...

You rock Amanda! I'm going to try that Greek yogurt now. I was afraid to cuz I tried Greek yogurt with honey in Greece and I hated it lol! Hehe, I need to have my eyebrows done too i think. I also overpluck!

 
At June 10, 2010 at 1:11 PM , Anonymous Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

I love eating outside! So fun! I didn't start getting my eyebrows done until about 4 years ago. Seriously! I never really thought about it and I didn't have a unibrow so it didn't occur to me. Now I love it and it makes my face oh so pretty! No filling or anything, just me and my brows. :D

 
At June 10, 2010 at 1:28 PM , Blogger Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

Nicolette- I am so jealous that you had real greek yogurt in Greece! That sounds amazing.

 
At June 10, 2010 at 1:37 PM , Blogger Yelena said...

I love TJ's Greek yogurt, but I think the whole world knows that by now!

I love having my brows done when I get my makeup done, but I have always been too scared to fill them in on my own. I've done it a couple of times and it makes SUCH a difference.

I love eating outside and wish I could do it more often, but most morning result in my rushing around since I pressed snooze a bajillion times!

 
At June 10, 2010 at 3:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The combo of tomatoes and berries does NOT sound good... so disappointing for a juice like that!

 
At June 10, 2010 at 3:39 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

I love sleep in days. I wish I had a patio, too. It would definitely beat eating indoors sometimes.

 
At June 10, 2010 at 7:42 PM , Anonymous kalin said...

i fill mine in when i'm fully made up-i have brows that are kinda light and i know sometimes in pictures it looks like i overplucked them... they're just not that dark!
i use a brown eyeshadow... i used to do a pencil, but you gotta be careful with those or else you start looking like a chola... if you want far too much detail on eyebrows email me! because true story, i used to have a bit of an obsession with mine.

 
At June 11, 2010 at 6:51 AM , Blogger kat said...

Just looking at that Kashi makes my teeth hurt! I got braces & can only handle oatmeal right now.

 
At June 11, 2010 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Lori said...

Glad you are feeling better! We are looking for a table just like that for our front porch. Eating breakfast outside is the best!

I'm a huge fan of fruit and veggie juices, but I like making them myself. No juicer at the moment though so I haven't had any in a while. The texture and mixes in the bottles never seem to appeal to me.

 
At June 11, 2010 at 9:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your raspberries looked devine! I don't usually eat outside, but I don't really have a good place in my tiny little apartment. Someday though- I am huge fan of picnics. I have to say that those Naked juices make my tummy hurt. I think they taste good, but they make me feel bad so I stopped drinking them.

 
At June 11, 2010 at 9:36 AM , Blogger Mo Diva said...

I dont fill my brows. my brows are in the middle of being thin and thick... i kida like it. But i recommend eye brow filler for the "uh ohs" when i overpluck.

I like veggie juices with apples and naners. they seem to overpower the veggie tastes!

I wish i had a patio. :-(

 
At June 12, 2010 at 1:44 PM , Anonymous Ameena said...

Sorry that you haven't been feeling well! I think it must be going around because I have a massive headache and aches and pains. I hope you feel better soon!

I have that same elephant glass...love it. I think it was part of a wedding shower favor. I wish I had a whole set!

 
At June 14, 2010 at 7:22 AM , Anonymous Jocelyn said...

Ohhh..looks like an edward cullen juice to me :P:P I wanna try it!

My brows...= mess. I try to tweeze by myself lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home