This Page

has been moved to new address

Coughing is the worst

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Coughing is the worst

This Page

has been moved to new address

Coughing is the worst

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Coughing is the worst

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Coughing is the worst

I've been coughing all week. It has made my life completely miserable. Coughing this much makes it hurt to breathe, swallow or talk. I'm so over it! I woke myself up multiple times last time to cough. Enough.

I'm drinking tons of water and taking Mucinex but nothing is really working. I assume it just has to run its course. 4 more days till schools around here start their summer breaks. I'm glad! I don't need any more exposure to germs.

Yesterday I ate like crap and I'm feeling awful about it. No photos cause it wasn't pretty.

Breakfast- 1 slice wheat toast with 1 tbsp peanut butter (not terrible)
Lunch- Veggie burger, fruit and potato soup at a restaurant
2nd Lunch- Mongolian BBQ- I loaded up on veggies but I didn't need a 2nd lunch out.
Dinner-pesto pasta (I ate 1/2 and boxed up the rest but the sauce was so decadent and creamy that it gave me a tummyache.)
Dessert- 1 small dipped cone at Dairy Queen (Once again, major tummyache.)

When I'm sick, I don't want to cook or eat at home so I end up going out. This was the first time in a while that I had a good appetite and I just blew it! I know I'm light-years ahead in making good choices from when I was younger and ate fast food but I still feel like this was just as bad.

Instead of feeling incredibly guilty, I've decided to make a pledge to eat at home until Sunday. (We're going to Vegas on Sunday) I'm going to make healthy meals at home and detox from going out to eat.

Do you ever feel guilty after a day of indulgences? How do you overcome it?

The week of eating at home, working out and swimming should help me!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At June 7, 2010 at 10:02 AM , Anonymous kalin said...

i hope you feel better!

 
At June 7, 2010 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Yelena said...

Coughing IS the worst! When I'm sick, I tend to eat like hell. Sometimes it's just my body trying to repair itself, and other times it's me being too lazy to do anything. In either case, I'm sure that your plan will work. I find stocking up on easy items like low sodium soups, crackers, tea, and apples (because they make me feel better) helps make sure that I get all the nutrients in a quick way.

Feel better soon!
P.S. Vegas again?!?

 
At June 7, 2010 at 1:02 PM , Blogger BusyB said...

hope you get better! my daughter has that I caught it also, not much helps...3 weeks for her and about 2 weeks for me.... ugh! Get better!! VItamin Water (seems to get me going the best right now)

 
At June 7, 2010 at 6:13 PM , Anonymous Amanda said...

:( Feel better! Being sick in the nice weather is really the worst! After indulge I usually re-commit myself to my diet/fitness until the next time I overindulge!

 
At June 7, 2010 at 7:20 PM , Anonymous Jocelyn said...

After I indulge a little too much...I sweat it out (go for a walk)...drink lots of water to release some salt and get a good nights rest! The day after is always a fresh new day :) Good luck!

 
At June 8, 2010 at 7:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a cough that wouldn't go away last spring and it turned out to be acute bronchitis - after 5 days on medication I was back to normal.

While I would be jealous of your trip to Vegas, I am going to Hilton Head Island, SC this weekend! Can't wait!

 
At June 8, 2010 at 7:14 PM , Anonymous ashleigh said...

I'm sorry that your sick!! I feel you on the over eating unhealthy eating. I can't seem to get out of a rut... yuck!

Eating at home does always save calories! Have fun in vegas!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home