This Page

has been moved to new address

Tri-tip salad

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Tri-tip salad

This Page

has been moved to new address

Tri-tip salad

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Tri-tip salad

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Tri-tip salad

Thanks for all of your sweet comments on my Makeover post. My cousin and my best friend alternately style my hair for me so I'm going to ask them for some advice too. I think adding in some lighter brown highlights and layers would be awesome. I'd like to go really short but I have a chubby face. Not sure my self esteem could handle that. We'll see. Hair can usually grow back! I'll be fine.

Currently Andy is doing the Jackie Warner DVD without me. My knee hurts so bad. I can't do squats or squat kicks without wanting to cry. Annoying. I think it might have to do with subbing kindergarten today. I spent a lot of time sitting "criss-cross applesauce." That always bothers me. I'm getting old and busted.

I'm bummed because last night's dinner was incredibly delicious but just isn't so photogenic. I need a new camera, better lighting and an actual kitchen.

002

I made a huge salad with mangos, tomatoes, feta, bell pepper and pepper jack cheese.

005

Then I added tritip! This was my first time making a tri-tip. I put it in the oven wrapped in foil for 50 minutes until the center was 145 degrees. (Medium) Incredibly easy. Next time, I'll try marinating it myself.

I used 1/4 of the tri-tip for the salad. We have tons of leftovers.

006

While the tri-tip rested and the salad chilled, I put some zin in the wine chiller.

Chilling the salad was a great idea. The contrast between cool, crisp salad and warm tri-tip was killer.

007

008

And no salad dressing needed! I used a little guacamole and sour cream.

004

And then Andy and split a Margarita cupcake from Crumbs. I am really doing great on this cutting back on sugar thing. :(

Anyway, I'm off to make dinner, fix my knee and stretch lots! Oh and watch Parenthood. (Andy and I are obsessed!)

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At May 26, 2010 at 7:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to get out and buy that Jackie Warner DVD!

And eat a cupcake after I do her workout:)

 
At May 26, 2010 at 10:36 PM , Blogger EatTravelEat said...

Agree about the better lighting! It looks a bit dim where you took your pictures at. Your camera is fine (and newer than my P&S!) unless you shoot in low light often, in which a DSLR works better when coupled with the right lens.

The salad sounds awesome. I usually don't add salad dressing to these types of salad- I just add salsa and or sour cream and it always turns out great.

 
At May 27, 2010 at 7:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch - hope your knees are better today!

That salad looks amazing! I love adding grilled meat to salads, but I take mine out at 125 for medium rare! :D

Hey, I am doing a 101 Days of Summer Challenge if you want to join in - nothing too difficult, just pick a personal goal, whether its swimming once a week, working out 3 times a week while on vacation.

I am going to do a weekly update - so far I have 14 participants! Hopefully this will push me to up my exercise routine!

Happy Thursday!

 
At May 27, 2010 at 7:26 AM , Blogger kat said...

I'm having bad knee problems lately too, I ended up switching the squats in my weightlifting routine to doing leg presses on a machine

 
At May 27, 2010 at 9:20 AM , Anonymous sophia said...

That cupcake is green....what flavor is it? If only it was green tea :D

Hope your knees behave!

 
At May 27, 2010 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Missy said...

I have no idea what tri-tip is, but that salad looks YUMMY!

 
At May 27, 2010 at 3:59 PM , Blogger Mari said...

hey chica! I hope by the time you read this comment, your knee is feeling better.

I don't know what you are talking about...that salad looks great to me lol

 
At May 27, 2010 at 6:00 PM , Anonymous Katie@Cozydelicious said...

This salad looks amazing - I love the mangos!! And as for the cucpake... at least you split it, right?

 
At May 28, 2010 at 4:50 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I found your blog through workoutmommy's blog hop! I'd love for you to come on over
and cheer me on as I loose 100 lbs!

 
At May 28, 2010 at 10:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cupcake looks amazing!! So does the salad. I never think of adding anything other than chicken to my salads - perhaps I'll have to try something different :)

 
At May 28, 2010 at 12:17 PM , Blogger Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

I love your wine chiller! Half the time I don't buy a certain wine because I know it won't get cold fast enough, haha.

Yum, margarita cupcake!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home