This Page

has been moved to new address

Spinning

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Spinning

This Page

has been moved to new address

Spinning

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Spinning

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Spinning

Life has been so crazy lately! Between finals, training for my next 5k, work and studying I've had no time to just relax!

I dream when I'm stressed out and last night was no different. My dream had me tossing and turning. I woke up with that "falling feeling." In my dream, I was thrown off a tall building. As soon as my body hit the pavement with a loud THUD I woke up.

Nothing like being jolted out of bed!

The 5k is on Sunday bright and early. I'm pretty stoked to be running in Santa Monica this time! It's not the prettiest beach town (I prefer Northern California) but it'll do. I'm hoping to give myself enough of a pep talk to run most of it. I want to limit my walking breaks to 30 seconds and only 1 walking break per mile.

I'm going to have my last run today. I'm planning on getting 3 more miles under my belt but I'm gonna go easy. (Meaning a slooooow comfortable pace of 12-14 minutes per mile. I don't need to aggravate my knee right before the race!)

I'm going to run in the evening, so I started my morning with Jillian. (No More Trouble Zones.) I was pretty pumped because I could use 8lb dumbbells for most of the moves.

001

Afterwards I made overnight yoats. Well, not overnight. I put 1/4 cup of dry oats in a bowl with 1/4 cup Wheaties Fuel and 1 container of plain greek yogurt for 5 minutes while I chopped up some fruit.

002

I mixed in some pineapple and raspberries to make it super delicious. It was! I'm starting to really enjoy plain greek yogurt. Having less sugar means I get to eat more real fruit. Can't hate that.

Time to finish my LAST take home final and prepare for an awesome weekend. I'm thrilled with life right now!

Labels: , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At May 13, 2010 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Nicci said...

Good Luck on yoru 5k, you will rock it. I have my first 5k this Sunday.

 
At May 13, 2010 at 12:50 PM , Blogger Mo Diva said...

good luck girlie... and thats the 2nd bowl of overnights i have seen oday... i have to go shopping for some yogs

 
At May 13, 2010 at 1:30 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

Lots of luck to you!! The pineapple and raspberries look so good on top of your overnight oats!! :)

 
At May 13, 2010 at 3:56 PM , Blogger kat said...

Oh I hate those falling dreams!

 
At May 13, 2010 at 7:33 PM , Anonymous Dawn (HealthySDLiving) said...

8 LBS with Jillian--that's impressive! :)
Good luck!!!

 
At May 14, 2010 at 2:14 AM , Anonymous sophia said...

You're done! you're done! You're done!!! WOO HOO!!! Right? Aren't you done on Thurs?

 
At May 14, 2010 at 2:22 AM , Blogger Naomi(Onefitfoodie) said...

is that fresh pineapple I see??! looks SO good!! i cant wait to get my hands on some!!

good luk on the 5k!!

 
At May 14, 2010 at 11:26 AM , Blogger Jenn said...

Good luck with the 5k!!! You can do it!!!

 
At May 14, 2010 at 3:47 PM , Anonymous Ameena said...

I am pretty impressed with your 8lb weights as I can barely pull it together when I do the Shred with 5lbs.

Good luck with the run in Santa Monica...what a beautiful place for a 5k. You will do fabulously I'm sure!

 
At May 15, 2010 at 4:29 AM , Blogger Ca88andra said...

Everything except the pineapple looks yum!

 
At May 15, 2010 at 3:30 PM , Blogger Mari said...

Hey honey,I just wanted to wish you luck and I hope you have a great race mañana!

We might be racing around the same "time" because mine starts at 10 AM =)

 
At May 18, 2010 at 7:54 AM , Blogger Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

When I still ate dairy yogurt, plain Greek was my favorite too. Glad you are liking it with less sugar!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home