This Page

has been moved to new address

Falafel!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Falafel!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Falafel!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Falafel!

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Falafel!

Hi guys! 2 more days of finals and then I'm free for the summer! (Well, I'll still work till June 11th but still!)

I got the curry smell out of my apartment by simply opening the windows. I like the smell of curry while it's cooking but not afterwards!

I'm in the process of writing a 12 page take home final but I just had to share my falafel story with you!

001

Andy and I are always on the lookout for quick and healthy dinner options. This is especially true during finals week. I was stoked when I found these falafel balls at Costco.

002

And some tzatziki! This has 40 calories per 2 tbsps!

003

I made a big falafel salad using romaine lettuce, bell peppers, tomatoes and feta cheese. Instead of using dressing, I served tzatziki sauce on the side.

005

The falafel balls were perfect. Crunchy and yum! I baked them in the oven for 10 minutes but frying them in olive oil would probably be out of this world good.

006

Do you like falafel? I want to try making my own sometime!

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

At May 12, 2010 at 10:03 AM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

We have a mix to make falafel, but haven't tried it yet. I had a falafel wrap once and LOVED it!! I need to make some homemade falafel soon, yummmm!!

 
At May 12, 2010 at 10:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - thanks for your comment on my last post - losing a friend so young only makes you appreciate each day even more!

I just made falafels for the first time recently! I did fry them, but I don't see why you couldn't spray them with a bit of Pam and olive oil to get them crispy.

Here is the printer friendly recipe:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/30842996/Falafel-Recipe

 
At May 12, 2010 at 10:20 AM , Blogger Tamara said...

I LOVE falafel and haven't made any in ages. I'll have to dig out my recipe and try them with that tzatziki sauce!

 
At May 12, 2010 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Yelena said...

These look delicious! I am always tempted to get them at Costco but think I can make my own- still haven't!

 
At May 12, 2010 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Mari said...

I have been craving Falafel like CRAZY! I need to find some asap!

 
At May 12, 2010 at 11:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE FALAFEL!!
veggie patch makes great ones too!! such a perfect dinner in my book :)

 
At May 12, 2010 at 1:43 PM , Blogger Mo Diva said...

i looooooove falafel. I recently just grabbed an instnat falafel mix to make my own at home. once i find a good recip for tzatziki or a good store brand i will give it a go.
I love it esp when its FRIED LOL

 
At May 12, 2010 at 6:03 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

I'm a sucker for good falafel. I've been wanting to try and make them at home. I'm just plain lazy to go out and get the ingredients. hahaha... I gotta do it when I get back from my trip.

 
At May 12, 2010 at 11:15 PM , Blogger lynn @ the actors diet said...

i've used this falafel mix before to make falafel "burgers" -

http://theactorsdiet.wordpress.com/2009/08/22/lynn-newbies/

it's pretty good and couldn't be easier!

 
At May 13, 2010 at 8:33 AM , Anonymous Abby said...

I love falafel! I make it and then freeze it and pull it out for lunches when I want it! Yummmm!

 
At May 13, 2010 at 12:18 PM , Anonymous Bess said...

I love love love falafel. I used to make it using a mix but have never tried it from "scratch".

I also love the Veggie Patch brand Falafel balls

 
At May 14, 2010 at 3:49 PM , Anonymous Ameena said...

I love falafel so I am going to check for these the next time I make it to Costco. That place scares me a bit!!

Such a great thing to have on hand for emergency meals too!

 
At May 18, 2010 at 7:55 AM , Blogger Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

I love falafel, you know this, haha! I have made it myself but from a boxed mix, not from scratch yet. Perhaps a new project for this summer!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home