This Page

has been moved to new address

May Goals

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: May Goals

This Page

has been moved to new address

May Goals

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: May Goals

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

May Goals

I meant to post this yesterday but my 60 page unit plan took over my life. It happens.

I am so proud of myself for sticking with a workout program, attempting Body for Life and eating better. At the same time, there is always room for improvement. My overall goal is improving my health, toning up, and getting to a healthy weight. Ideally, I'd love to love 30 lbs before 2011 comes along. I'm not going to obsess over that number too much. It's a number my doctor and I agreed on and it will happen eventually! No rush on the time.

Body for Life is great for me and I really like it but I want to get my portions down to a some what normal range. So I've decided to start counting weight watcher points again. I'm going to continue with the BFL way of eating and the HIIT (high intensity interval training) workouts but just try to get used to smaller portions (and higher quality food) again.

I want to cut back on artifical sweetners, fake foods and non-organic produce. I'm in a good place financially compared to last year and I really think it's worth it for me to buy organic. I realize not everyone can do this but I live in California, about 15-30 miles from farm country. I think this is an important move for me.

My goals for May?

*Run 50 miles. Andrea introduced me to Daily Mile and I will be logging my runs on there. I want to slowly increase to more 4 and 5 mile runs while working on improving my endurance for a 5k. My next race will be in early June.

*Count WW points. I am not sure how it all works now so I'll have to go online and check it out. I want to get the right amount of points, use flex points and activity points if that still exists.

*Go out to eat WAY less. We have a trip to Anaheim to see Ben Folds and go to the Disneyland Food & Wine festival but other than that May should be pretty tame.

*Once school is finished, spend time trying new recipes. I'm definitely plateauing and in need of a change up.

*Cross train with higher weights. I started with 5lb dumbbells and am currently using 8lb dumbbells. I want to start using 10lbs at the end of May.

*Lose 5-7 lbs. I am not going to obsess over this one. I will be weighing in every Monday and logging it on Sparkpeople.


Other than that, I plan on continuing to work on my health and happiness. I have paid off 75% of my debt, almost finished my first semester of the teaching credential program and will look into a graduate program this summer. I also have plans to reread some classics this summer but I'll update you with that in June.

What are your goals for May?

Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

At May 2, 2010 at 12:17 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

Your May goals sound great and very doable!! I will be cheering you on the whole way!! :)

Also, I think counting WW points while eating the BFL way is going to be great. You have a great plan in place!! :)

 
At May 2, 2010 at 12:21 PM , Blogger Andy said...

My goal is to continue to be sexy. It will be hard, but I can do it.

Also...if I can see the 170's and continue to tone up I'll be thrilled. Which I can.

And get some sort of a tan. I don't like being a beacon.

Maintain a mile pace lower than 10 minutes for at least 3 miles. Which is a slam dunk, but a goal nonetheless.

Less eating out. Less carbs. Less sodium.

 
At May 2, 2010 at 2:28 PM , Blogger Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

@Andy: Yes, you can!

 
At May 2, 2010 at 2:45 PM , Blogger Bitty Babushka said...

Great goals. I bet you'll tackle all of them. YOU CAN DO IT! GOOD LUCK!

Also, your husband is hilarious! :)

 
At May 2, 2010 at 2:55 PM , Anonymous Mara @ What's For Dinner? said...

You can do this!!!! And if you can, I can :) You know where i'm at if you need to chat ever :)

 
At May 2, 2010 at 3:09 PM , Blogger Tamara said...

Good for you! You've made great progress so far, so your goals look like they will continue to keep you on the right track.

And it's funny you mentioned Daily Mile- I just signed up on Friday! I love it. It's really motivating to see your miles add up over time.

 
At May 2, 2010 at 3:42 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

Hahaha...Andy it hilarious!!

You can to it Amanda!! Keep at it. :)

 
At May 2, 2010 at 4:32 PM , Anonymous ashleigh said...

Great goals!! 50 miles? That is awesome!! If you have any ww questions, let me know :)

 
At May 2, 2010 at 5:48 PM , Blogger Yelena said...

Great goals! I love that you have a realistic, measurable plan.

Your hubby is awesome and I'm sure you guys have so much fun together :)

 
At May 3, 2010 at 6:40 AM , Anonymous Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

Amanda that is awesome that you made a detailed plan like that. I think once we can visualize what we want and have it written it, it seems a lot more official. :) You are gonna rock it!

 
At May 3, 2010 at 12:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great goals amanda. Sounds like you are on track and kick booty! Your goal of 50 miles ran is awesome! I am cheering you on!! :)

 
At May 4, 2010 at 12:17 PM , Blogger Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

I love this post! SO full of positivity :) Good luck with all of your goals, I know you can do it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home