This Page

has been moved to new address

Trying times

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Trying times

This Page

has been moved to new address

Trying times

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Trying times

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Trying times

Oh man. Today was one of "those" days. The kind that makes me question my career choice. It wasn't necessarily a "bad" day just rough. I was happy that the kids had an early day and I could go home afterwards and relax* for a few hours before my class at 7pm tonight.

*By relax, I mean do Week Two, Day Two of Couch to 5k followed by 2 hours of homework and blog reading.

001

I made myself a huge plate of comfort food when I got home.

002

Delicious blueberries and kiwi for the fruit component. The antioxidants in the blueberries and the fiber and potassium in the kiwi was much appreciated after a trying day.

003

Grape tomatoes and broccoli for my veggies.

004

Hummus for protein and dipping! Also buffalo chicken nuggets from Morningstar. (I love these! Better than buffalo wings with real chicken in my opinion!)

I dipped the buffalo "chicken" nuggets in honey mustard. YUM!

005

And a half portion of Trader Joe's Multigrain crackers for carbs.

I'm eating this while blogging and blog-reading. It totally cheers me up. I did notice that this meal is decent calorie-wise but next time I'd add more bulk from the veggies. (The Morningstar Chicken Nuggets are 200 calories for 5 pieces. The hummus is 140 calories and the crackers are 70 calories.)

006

And I'm washing it all down with water in a Snoopy glass. Honestly, I'd prefer tequila or beer but I'm keeping my liquid calories WAY down.

Speaking of liquid calories?

005

Yesterday, I made myself a decent smoothie to drink on the way to class. (I had six hours of classes last night!)

006

I added a 30 calorie packet of Amazing Grass Berry Flavored drink powder to "greenify" it a bit.

007

Still turned out pink.

008

Then I sent Janetha a photo of my smoothie stache. I am trying so hard not to laugh in this picture. Please send her a smoothie stache photo also!

Smoothie Stache!

What cheers you up after a rough day? (I blogged this and I already feel better!) And I'm sure Couch to 5k will help me out too.

P.S. Any other L.A. food bloggers going to the L.A. Street Food Fest? Let me know! My sister Sarah told me about it and I'd love to meet up with some of you!

Labels: , ,

20 Comments:

At January 26, 2010 at 3:43 PM , Blogger Ca88andra said...

I love fresh crunchy vegetables with dip - especially cucumber with taramaslata dip - yum! But I have to confess I also love cheeses, bad as they are if you have too much.

 
At January 26, 2010 at 4:58 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

aww my love - sorry about the rough day! at least dinner was redeeming :)

 
At January 26, 2010 at 4:59 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

Girl, teaching is HARD. I actually mumbled to my friend as we were leaving school that I need to check into the local beauty school and see how much it costs to enroll. Kidding. Sorta ;)

Those MS Farm buffalo nuggets were actually the first faux meat I ever tried and was hooked from the first bite!! Love 'em!!

Your smoothie looks great and your smoothie stache is pretty adorable!! :)

 
At January 26, 2010 at 5:03 PM , Anonymous Spiceaholic said...

I love all the bright colors and yummy eats on that plate!

Morningstar products are SO good, the buffalo wings are one of my favorites.

 
At January 26, 2010 at 5:46 PM , Anonymous ashleigh said...

Your lunch is basically all my favorite things to eat rolled into one happy plate! i need to make more snack plates. buffalo wing are my favorite fake meat to eat!

blogging cheers me up too! usually bc after i've had a bad day people leave such nice comments and i'm like awww! i also like to workout, take a bath, or talk to my bff on the phone!

 
At January 26, 2010 at 7:40 PM , Blogger lynn @ the actors diet said...

that little sabra cup is adorable. i may be at the food fest, depending on where it is. i'll be on the westside that day.

 
At January 26, 2010 at 7:56 PM , Blogger Mari said...

The Buffalo "chicken" Wings are my fave morninstar product! great minds think alike =)

I love the pic! you are so pretty even with smoothie stache!

I did day 2 week 2 today too! (way too many to's lol)

 
At January 26, 2010 at 9:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww, sorry about the rough day.
i have days where i just wonder what on earth i'm doing with the kids, and if i'm actually good at what i'm doing...
i recommend keeping track of good things in the day (with teaching) and saving any notes and things you get from the kids, so that on hard days you can remember why it's actually awesome...it's harder when you're not with the same kids every day though!

 
At January 26, 2010 at 9:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the pic! :) LOL! And your plate of comfort food looked delish! I wish I could eat raw veggies and like it. I am more a fruit girl. One of these days I will get my act together!

 
At January 26, 2010 at 10:28 PM , Blogger Janetha @ meals + moves said...

sorry about the rough day, love! that snack plate looks like it would make any day better, though. love love the photo :)

 
At January 27, 2010 at 12:34 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Nice smoothie stash! Thanks for popping in on my blog today. I got a lot of positive comments on the knitting boy today. Still knitting too. Good luck in classes :)

I loved the couch to 5K program. It really is a great way to get running.

 
At January 27, 2010 at 3:33 AM , Anonymous Melissa said...

A good run always clears my mind, or chocolate! I'm sorry that you had a bad day!

 
At January 27, 2010 at 6:20 AM , Blogger Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

I love the smoothie stache! You are very beautiful :)

 
At January 27, 2010 at 9:41 AM , Blogger Mo Diva said...

as of late, a good sweaty workout makes me feel good... in the past a nice frosty alcoholic bevergae.

I love the superfood smoothies but I only lurve the green ones...the berry ones kind of taste too healthy for me... but then again i add chocoalte soy milk and nut butter to mine so it tastes more ike dessert.

 
At January 27, 2010 at 10:27 AM , Anonymous Whitney @ Lettuce Love said...

Bummer about the rough day. I was in a funk at the start of the week too but talking to my mom and laughing with my roomie/best friend helped! Love the smoothie stach!

 
At January 27, 2010 at 10:46 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

Ohh, are those MSF buffalo nuggets really good? I'll give em a whirl if you give em a thumbs up!

 
At January 27, 2010 at 1:36 PM , Blogger Missy said...

I love your hodge podge plate - looks so fun to eat! Gotta do more of that ;o)

 
At January 27, 2010 at 3:15 PM , Anonymous Dawn (HealthySDLiving) said...

Mmmm that plate has a little bit of everything I love, YUM!

And I am completely obsessed with your Snoppy glass! :)

 
At January 27, 2010 at 3:31 PM , Blogger chrystad72 said...

hey girl! so glad you are feeling better. Its amazing what a plate of comfort can do for a bad day=) Its a great looking dinner. Love the smoothie too!

 
At January 28, 2010 at 12:39 PM , Blogger Jenna said...

Love your snack plate!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home