This Page

has been moved to new address

Wow. Just wow

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Wow. Just wow

This Page

has been moved to new address

Wow. Just wow

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Wow. Just wow

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Wow. Just wow

001

Before heading out to my sub job yesterday, I made myself a cereal bowl.

002

With a whole banana because I enjoy partying with potassium.

003

And the last of our new favorite cereal, Nature's Path Crunchy Maple Sunrise. Thanks for sending it to us to sample Nature's Path! Andy and I will definitely be restocking this after we eat down the pantry a bit.

So the sub job...I got kissed, hugged, sneezed on and licked by eight different students. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't surprised. I didn't realize kissing was such a thing! But the kids were sweet and the other teachers and aides in the class made the day easier for me. My shift was super short which was a nice way to start a job.

004

I grabbed lunch at Starbucks with Sam. I got a huevos rancheros wrap which was surprisingly delicious and had decent nutritional stats.

005

And a non-fat cappucino. Which I drank after 10am, the Italians would totally laugh at me for doing this.

After Sam and I parted ways, I headed to the grocery store to try something completely new to me. I wanted to make shredded beef in the crockpot but had no idea how.

Thank God for google. I came across Kat's blog and her recipe! I had the pleasure of meeting Kat at the foodbuzz festival and knew her recipe would be solid.

008

I used this maple bbq sauce that we got in our swagbags at Foodbuzz.

009

Poured some Dos Equis Amber over the top.

011

And proceeded to drink the remaining half despite it being 2pm.

017

Then I chopped up a head of napa cabbage for coleslaw. (Something else I have never made in my life.)

018

And put a scoop of both the shredded beef and the cabbage on a whole wheat bun. The meat was tender and easy to shred after about 5 hours on high for me. I think it depends on your crockpot. The coleslaw was a blend of reduced-fat mayo, dijon mustard, red wine vinegar and tapatio. I used less than most coleslaw recipes ask for because mayo is gross.

019

This sandwich was great. Full of flavor without being overloaded with fat and calories.

021

I ate mine with mashed potatoes but I bet baked beans would be even better!

What is your favorite crockpot recipe? This was easily a favorite for me. We have tons of leftovers!

Labels: , , , , , ,

22 Comments:

At January 14, 2010 at 11:35 AM , Blogger Bitty Babushka said...

CHILI! I love making it in the crockpot. My new favorite is cocoa pumpkin chili. I know, it sounds scary but I assure you that it's delicious! ;)

 
At January 14, 2010 at 11:51 AM , Blogger Mari said...

My sister got a crockpot for xmas and I am secretly hating her at the present moment! I might go out and get my own lol

 
At January 14, 2010 at 11:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHHH I LOVE THE BANANA STICKER! I have never seen that before!

 
At January 14, 2010 at 11:56 AM , Blogger The Linz said...

Your meal sounds delish. I have never made pulled pork either, but I hear it's pretty easy.

Oh and I had to laugh about the cappucino thing. Once I ordered a cappucino at like 11pm at a bar and the bartender almost fell off his stool laughing at me. I got the hint real quick that you only order them for breakfast.

 
At January 14, 2010 at 11:58 AM , Blogger Mo Diva said...

that looks insanely good! I have never made anything with cabbage before... might have to venture out of hte ol comfort zone every now and then.

 
At January 14, 2010 at 12:22 PM , Blogger AllThingsYummy said...

Sounds really yummy. I like corned beef and cabbage in the crock pot. I make it every year for St. Patricks Day. Yum!

 
At January 14, 2010 at 12:23 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

Where did you get the wrap? Starbucks? I did not know they had those there. Sounds delicious!

 
At January 14, 2010 at 1:10 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

That sandwich looks so delicious!!

I love making applesauce in the crockpot! :)

 
At January 14, 2010 at 1:26 PM , Blogger Tania said...

hi! just came across your blog from another's blogroll....great site!! i think ill crockpot it up for tomorrow night , thanks for the idea :)

 
At January 14, 2010 at 1:37 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Yum!!!! I need to make that crock pot recipe, asap!!!

I have made several bbq recipes in my crockpot before, but I need to try this one!

I love making taco soup in mine. It's so good!

 
At January 14, 2010 at 3:51 PM , Blogger Janetha @ meals + moves said...

wooooo! who doesn't love a potassium partay!? that recipe looks so damn good. i still have my swag from foodbuzz~i may have to give it a whirl! xo

 
At January 14, 2010 at 4:34 PM , Anonymous She-Fit said...

I have yet to make something with my crockpot... I think it's about time!
My friend has a great recipe that is super easy. All you do is get chicken and a jar of salsa. Once the meat is tender, you just shred the chicken. It tastes so good and is healthy for you :)

 
At January 14, 2010 at 4:49 PM , Blogger Gina; The Candid RD said...

I love baked beans, seriously, LOVE them. And Dos Equis :) So delicious.

As for vitamin D, I think in the winter it's necessary for everyone to take a vitamin D supplement. Especially if you don't drink a lot of fortified milk or yogurt. It will likely help, and not hurt. Talk to your doctor, but I say GO FOR IT!

 
At January 14, 2010 at 5:37 PM , Blogger Dawn Dishes It Out said...

OMG ... dos equis & beef ... my hubby would be in heaven!

 
At January 14, 2010 at 8:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

starbucks is like the bomb dot com these days. i found some FSTG chips there the other day and was PUMPED! that wrap looks great!

 
At January 15, 2010 at 5:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Google solves everything! Glad you had a good day :)

 
At January 15, 2010 at 7:30 AM , Anonymous Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

Holla to the Dos Equis! I love that beer. :D

The sandwich looks awesome and I adore coleslaw so great addition! I stopped using mayo just because I don't want a whole bunch of it and have stuck with mustard and vinegar. Mmm mmm!

 
At January 15, 2010 at 9:26 AM , Blogger chrystad72 said...

Looks sssoo delicious! That cereal sounds great too. I love Nature's Path products so Im gonna have to check that out. Thanks!! Happy Friday!

 
At January 15, 2010 at 2:40 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

I enjoy reading your blog. I have lost 80 pounds on Weight Watchers, and it will be 3 years in May, that I have been a lifetime member.

I keep the following website on my favorites, it has so many low fat crockpot recipes, which all that I have made have been delicious.

I hope you find a recipe or 2 that you like.

http://saksfamily.no-ip.com/crockpot.html

 
At January 15, 2010 at 3:38 PM , Anonymous Diana said...

That cereal looks delicious! Esp with the banana. Potassium rocks!

Oh and the wraps are one of my fave things to get at Starbucks! I haven't seen the flavor you got though...Jealous! ;)

 
At January 15, 2010 at 7:04 PM , Blogger lynn @ the actors diet said...

the crockpot is king!!! i love making ratatouille in it.

 
At January 16, 2010 at 6:17 PM , Blogger Yelena said...

I don't own a crockpot- eek! I love the dedication of not wasting liquor and getting through the beer at 2:00 PM!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home