This Page

has been moved to new address

Three Day Weekend! WHOOOOOOOOO

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Three Day Weekend! WHOOOOOOOOO

This Page

has been moved to new address

Three Day Weekend! WHOOOOOOOOO

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Three Day Weekend! WHOOOOOOOOO

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Three Day Weekend! WHOOOOOOOOO

This is my last weekend of freedom. On Tuesday, I will start taking six classes at night on top of subbing. I am nervous and stressed about it. I have tried reminding myself that I took four classes the semester I graduated college on top of working 35-40 hours a week and did fine but surprisingly that does nothing to console me.

For the record, I have classes Monday-Thursday.

Monday: I have 2 classes from 4pm-10pm
Tuesday: Only one class from 7pm-8:40pm
Wednesday: 4:15pm-9:50pm (weird?)
Thursday- 4pm-5:50pm.

I don't necessarily NEED to take six classes so I have decided to possibly drop a class if I don't like it. At the same time, it'd be nice to have more classes out of the way before student teaching.

004

Brandi was nice enough to send me some maple almond butter (and other goodies!) for guessing a blogger that influenced her meal correctly. I decided the maple flavor in the almond butter would be perfect on top of some chocolate chip waffles.

005

It was perfect! Especially with a veggie egg scramble.

006

Pancakes are always something I manage to screw up but waffles? Always turn out decent! And I love to make big batches that I can easily freeze and pop in the toaster later.

007

The egg scramble was just two eggs scrambled with one orange bell pepper and one zucchini. I split it with Andy. (Gotta sneak my protein and veggies in somehow!)

008

Lunch was a surprise. We have a gift card for Applebee's so we tried to find an Applebee's. Well none exist around here! So we went to Whole Foods. (Which is 5 million times better!) I got a turkey avocado sandwich with caramelized onions, sun-dried tomato aioli and spinach.

009

on a whole wheat panini.

010

And a Tazoberry black tea.

011

Andy got roast beef with lettuce, tomato, sun-dried tomato aioli and caramelized onions.

012

And a mango iced tea.

013

And I tried a few bites of this pesto pasta salad. It was delicious but too creamy and heavy for lunch.

014

Dinner was out again. We met up with some friends at a local mexican place. I ordered a cranberry margarita.

015

With an extra shot. Of course. (Hey it's the weekend!)

016

And a big pile of chicken and veggies. I ate 4-5 bites and boxed the rest up. That margarita filled me up!

I have been trying to limit myself to one alcoholic beverage a week. But I had half a dos equis and margarita this week. Plus today is a big football game thing (Can you tell that I don't understand sports?) and we are planning on going to a friend's house to watch the game. I bought myself some raspberry hard cider just for the occasion.

So that means no alcohol Monday-Saturday for me!

Hope you are having a good weekend, I plan on having another arms and abs day today. I ran a little too hard yesterday and really irritated my knee and heel. Lovely!

Labels: , , , , ,

17 Comments:

At January 17, 2010 at 12:39 PM , Anonymous Lily @ Lily's Health Pad said...

The same thing happens to me at Mexican restaurants. I get a huge frozen margarita, and then I can't eat my dinner! Oh well. The margarita is always the highlight of the meal anyway.

 
At January 17, 2010 at 1:40 PM , Blogger lynn @ the actors diet said...

you're right, i've never seen an applebee's in l.a. whole foods is 100,000x better!!!

 
At January 17, 2010 at 1:45 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

I'd definitely choose WF's over AB's!! Your sandwich looks very yummy!!

Happy 3 Day Weekend!! :)

 
At January 17, 2010 at 2:06 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

nothing can compete with whole foods, it's zeeee best! :)

 
At January 17, 2010 at 2:55 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

I am craving your sandwiches! They both looked delicious! And I love flavored teas! Sounds like the perfect lunch to me :)

 
At January 17, 2010 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Yelena said...

The whole foods sandwich and the margarita would probably be my last meal, if I had to choose!

I can't believe your class workload! I am freaking out with a full-time job and grad school, so big respect to you!! Enjoy your weekend!

 
At January 17, 2010 at 3:15 PM , Anonymous Mara @ What's For Dinner? said...

WAHOO! Long weekend! Enjoy!

I'd take WF over applebees ANY day :)

 
At January 17, 2010 at 3:33 PM , Blogger AllThingsYummy said...

I love Whole Foods...or "Whole Paycheck"
So, what Mexican food place did you go to? Is it any good?

 
At January 17, 2010 at 3:55 PM , Blogger Mari said...

WOW you are going to busy bee but I am sure you can handle it...c'mon you are AMANDA! you can do it lol

YUUUUMS I love all the eats on this post, esp the Whole Foods sammie!

 
At January 17, 2010 at 6:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

your whole foods meal looks amazingggg! i am not the biggest fan of applebees!

 
At January 17, 2010 at 7:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you'll be fine! i worked while I got my MAT, and made it out alive!

just have FUN :-)

 
At January 17, 2010 at 7:34 PM , Blogger Mom on the Run said...

I love Whole Food for lunch. Often I get so overwhelmed with all the choices.

Best of luck with the start of school. I am sure it will go very well.

 
At January 17, 2010 at 10:35 PM , Blogger Janetha @ meals + moves said...

mmmm that sandwich AND those waffles look great! i love that nut butta. how lucky to have a 3 day weekend. enjoy it, babe!

 
At January 18, 2010 at 7:25 AM , Anonymous brandi said...

yay for long weekends! :) and I'm glad you liked the maple almond butter - that's one of my favorites!

 
At January 18, 2010 at 10:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wine is my nemesis - I say each day I am not going to have a glass, but that usually doesn't happen!

Glad you had such a great weekend and good luck this week - that's quite a schedule!

 
At January 18, 2010 at 11:07 AM , Anonymous ashleigh said...

I think you'll be needing more than one drink a week with that schedule :) Ha I am just kidding. I tend to eat my healthiest and stay on track the most when I am busy.. it just takes a lot of planning on the weekends!

 
At January 18, 2010 at 6:25 PM , Blogger Lori said...

Best wishes for tackling your schedule. You'll do great!

Those are some great eats. That almond butter is so tasty and that is one good lookin' sandwich.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home