This Page

has been moved to new address

Because it's Monday...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Because it's Monday...

This Page

has been moved to new address

Because it's Monday...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Because it's Monday...

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Because it's Monday...

I don't have to work today since it's the semester break for the school district I work for. Teachers are there but students are not so there's no need for me. (I work one on one with students.)

Andy has to work though. (He teaches high school) Bummer! And I have class from 4pm-10pm tonight so I highly doubt I'll even see Andy after he gets out of school. Sadface.

001

My weekend was decent. On Saturday I met up with my friend Cassandra for some coffee talk at Starbucks. I had an iced caramel latte for the first time in forever. I miss Starbucks! After our coffee talk, I went to my parent's house and made them lunch. Pasta salad and ham & cheese sandwiches.

I know, I know. Haute cuisine, huh?

002

My brother Daniel (he's 8 years old) helped me make the pasta salad. I chopped 2 zucchinis, 2 tomatos, half a red onion and some black olives. Daniel added one cup fat-free feta and 1/2 cup low fat greek vinegarette. Then we added some white and whole wheat noodles. (we had equal amounts of both.)

Weirdly enough, Daniel TRIED my pasta salad. Which is a small miracle in itself. The kid lives off of peanut butter, popcorn, ham sandwiches (ham and bread only), pizza and chicken nuggets. I think he was willing to branch out and try the pasta salad because he helped make it. Whatever the reason, I love him for it!

003

Saturday night, I made the biggest salad in the world at Souplantation. It had romaine, spinach, zucchini, butternut squash, cheese(!!), croutons, chickpeas galore and tomatoes. I was a happy lady.

I didn't take any food pictures Sunday. I am a bad food blogger sometimes.

004

Now I'm drinking coffee and wishing we had some fruit in the house. I should go shopping for bananas and blueberries.

I have been distracting myself from writing and working by planning a road trip to Vancouver. It would be so much fun! We could stop in Carmel or Big Sur, then San Francisco, Eureka (to visit Andy's grandparents, Bend, Oregon (to visit my aunts and cousins) Portland, Oregon (to visit my friend Sarah) and then Seattle, Washington and finally Vancouver. We'd do some stops on the way there and some stops on the way back. Teachers have summers off so why not right?

I should start saving money.

I should also do homework. Why did I go back to school again?

P.S. Week Two, Day One of Couch to 5k was awesome. I feel good! :)

Labels: , ,

21 Comments:

At January 25, 2010 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

I finished off the rest of the pasta salad leftovers and it was delicious. Come over and make me dinner this week :)

 
At January 25, 2010 at 9:57 AM , Blogger Mo Diva said...

that pasta sounds good and your salad was mammoth.

i am on C25K week two as well... keep us accountable?

 
At January 25, 2010 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Emily said...

That pasta salad looks delicious! I would love it!

 
At January 25, 2010 at 12:34 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

enjoy your day off girlfriend!

 
At January 25, 2010 at 1:05 PM , Blogger Janetha @ meals + moves said...

the pasta salad looks incredible! have a fun day off, sorry you dont get to see andy until late late late!

 
At January 25, 2010 at 1:08 PM , Blogger Tricia said...

Great job with the C25K!

 
At January 25, 2010 at 1:17 PM , Blogger RunEatRepeat said...

My little bro is nine - I didn't realize we had that in common:) How cute!

 
At January 25, 2010 at 1:42 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

Amanda, that pasta salad looks so yummy!! You're rockin that C25K!! :)

P.S. Thanks for your supportive comments on my blog. You are so sweet. It means so, so much to me!! :)

 
At January 25, 2010 at 1:42 PM , Blogger Biz said...

They say that's one way to get kids to try new foods is to have them help make it - they feel more in the process instead of just being handed a bowl of something.

My daughter surived eating out by eating chicken fingers EVERY time we went out - probably a good 10 years??

Glad the training went well - I ran at lunch today too, but my blood sugar dropped to 50 and I had to get off to eat :(

 
At January 25, 2010 at 5:22 PM , Blogger EatTravelEat said...

It's nice that your brother ate the pasta salad! Always great for kids to eat different foods :). I do often!

I don't think I could have piled up that many veggies at Souplantation onto one plate. I always grab too little salad, and then I can't go back to the salad bar (?) as so many people are still waiting in line to pay for their meals. Speaking about that, I still need to write about Souplantation...in November! :)

 
At January 25, 2010 at 6:34 PM , Blogger lynn said...

love souplantation!!!

 
At January 25, 2010 at 6:36 PM , Blogger Gina; The Candid RD said...

Glad you're liking the new workout plan!

Nick works late all week this week, so I know what you mean when you say, "sadface". I have one too!

I love a good Big Salad. Sometimes it's the simplest and most perfect meal.

 
At January 25, 2010 at 6:48 PM , Blogger AllThingsYummy said...

That sounds like an awesome road trip. I love driving north especially Carmel and Monterey. So beautiful.

 
At January 25, 2010 at 8:01 PM , Blogger Dawn Dishes It Out said...

That salad looked GREAT!! Hope you enjoyed a day off.

 
At January 25, 2010 at 8:33 PM , Blogger Yelena said...

I've been obsessed with zucchini lately- this sounds like a great recipe for me to try!

I totally make a monstrous salad at salad bars- it's kind of an illness I have!

Hope you enjoyed your day off!

 
At January 26, 2010 at 7:39 AM , Blogger Lori said...

Mmm...blueberries sound good and so does that roadtrip! I'm going to be a bit travel deprived this year so I'll be watching closely to see if you take it. That would be lots of fun!

 
At January 26, 2010 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Retta said...

Your ginormous salad looks amazing!

 
At January 26, 2010 at 9:02 AM , Blogger Bitty Babushka said...

Pasta salad with Feta aye? I might just have to try that.

That mega salad looks amazing!

 
At January 26, 2010 at 12:38 PM , Blogger Jasmine @ Eat Move Write said...

I love your bright blue mug!

 
At January 26, 2010 at 1:35 PM , Anonymous Sheilla said...

That pasta salad looks amazing! I have always wanted to visit Vancouver. Good luck planning the trip!

 
At January 26, 2010 at 2:03 PM , Blogger Diana said...

your roadtrip sounds amazing!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home