This Page

has been moved to new address

Hash House A Go Go

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Hash House A Go Go

This Page

has been moved to new address

Hash House A Go Go

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Hash House A Go Go

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hash House A Go Go

Amanda is currently sleeping. In my attempt to write more, here I am.


As noted previously, we went to Las Vegas last week. School starts again soon, so it was one last good time before the grind of work again. Breakfast, being the most important meal and all, needed to be done right. Luckily, I watch the travel channel religiously and had noticed on Man vs. Food, that the lovely host of that glutton fest had been to this place called Hash House A Go Go. So we went. I had been previous, to the one in San Diego. But it had been several years.


035


So, I find the show itself to be much like a car accident. I don't want to watch, but I can't stop. I don't enjoy over eating. I don't enjoy fried food. I don't enjoy food that could potentially kill me/needs a signed waiver before you eat. However, breakfast is my weak point. Thankfully no one died. And aside from Man vs. Food, Bjork likes it.


037


Here is the food. Giant portions of ungodly combination of goodness. And coffee. My photography skills are lacking so Amanda took it for me, but this was a Chorizo Hash. Eggs, a biscuit, potatoes, chorizo, cheddar cheese and jalapenos. And Amanda loves me and carries individual packets of tapatio in her purse for me, so I unloaded a few packets on top.


043




Our friend Gary ordered the Chicken Benedict. What is a Chicken Benedict you ask? Here is the menu description: Andy's sage fried chicken w/ fresh spinach, hardwood smoked bacon, market tomato, griddled mozzarella, chipotle cream and scrambled eggs .


041


Insanity.



Tiffany ordered a giant brown sugar and banana pancake.


044


It is literally like 18 inches in diameter. 


Amanda ordered an Avocado and Bacon Scramble with griddled mashed potatoes.
(The potatoes were not great.)

047


We should have taken after pictures. It looked like we barely touched any of the food. The prices are pretty good for the portion, but we would probably had been better off sharing 2 plates. However, after a night of drinking in Veags, it was pretty solid. And, of course, breakfast is the most important thing...out of the things we eat.


I assume it is only a matter of time before the Man vs. Food guy has a massive coronary, live, on TV. I would love to see what his contract looks like. There has to be some serious liability issues. Food is dangerous.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At August 15, 2010 at 4:13 PM , Anonymous Megan @ Healthy Hoggin' said...

Ha ha, I can't help but watch Man vs. Food, too! When it's on, it just sucks me in! I love breakfast food, too-- I would have been all over that brown sugar pancake, even if it is bigger than my head! :D

So jealous of your Vegas trip!!

 
At August 15, 2010 at 4:34 PM , Anonymous Ameena said...

Gosh guys I really envy your ability to take these fantastic last-minute trips...this looks like an awesome restaurant!

I haven't seen Man vs. Food but a giant brown sugar anything would certainly be a hit in my books. Everything looks awesome...and HUGE!

 
At August 15, 2010 at 10:30 PM , Blogger lynn said...

wow. insanity. i want to go there!!!

 
At August 15, 2010 at 10:35 PM , Blogger The Duo Dishes said...

We went to the one in San Diego. The amount of food on the plate just makes no sense! It's all good food though which helps.

 
At August 16, 2010 at 11:20 AM , Blogger Mo Diva said...

holy hell! thats one helluva meal.

I do watch that train wreck every now and again. ON one particularly dreadful day i watched a marathon of MvF. it made me crave the weirdest food. i eventually turned it off to watch bizarre foods.. and then i had a hankerign for crispy pig fat.
apparently i am easily influenced lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home