This Page

has been moved to new address

Flashback Friday: Wedding details

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Flashback Friday: Wedding details

This Page

has been moved to new address

Flashback Friday: Wedding details

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Flashback Friday: Wedding details

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Flashback Friday: Wedding details

014

While I could reminisce about how delicious this yogurt bowl was (organic peaches, organic vanilla bean greek yogurt and anahola tropical granola from Kauai) I decided that Fridays should be dedicated to something entirely different indeed.

018

Pluots might just be my favorite fruit. They are the perfect hybrid of juicy and firm. (TWSS!)

I also feel the need to tell you that it is 3am. We just got back from a short weekend in Vegas. Yes again. I had another comped room and some free time before we have to go back to school so I decided to go.

I like Vegas and all but with my asthma/allergies, it can be pretty rough on my body. I woke up every hour in the hotel completely stuffed up and unable to breathe. Now I'm home and still unable to breathe normally. It sucks. So instead of a normal food post, you are getting a post about my wedding details.

0203 07.05.09

One thing I really wanted was a cute wooden sign outside of our wedding venue letting guests know where the wedding would be held. We got married at a gorgeous botanical garden in farm country and the venue looks like nothing from the outside. In fact, I used to drive right past it all the time. I never knew it was there.

I bought a wooden sign on Etsy that simply said, "Amanda & Andy's Wedding July 5th, 2009." I had crazy notions of all sorts of shabby chic wooden signs but luckily that didn't pan out. The wedding coordinator didn't end up hanging the sign. It chilled out at the welcome table with our programs, photo corkboard, card birdcage and letter-pressed coasters.

0206 07.05.09

That birdcage/card box broke immediately. Luckily I only spent $10 on it. I bought the basket, corkboard and birdcage from Michaels.

0733 07.05.09

Our wedding cake was almost exactly how I wanted it. The bakery we ordered our cake from had a huge book full of cake designs to choose from but I had to be difficult and combine three ideas. I was worried that it wouldn't come together but it totally did. I bought the purple ribbon myself from Michaels and asked our florist to put a mix of purple flowers cascading down.

0738 07.05.09

I hesitated on fondant simply because I don't like how it tastes but it was July. Buttercream would have melted and it would have been an epic disaster.

0961 07.05.09

For dinner, we decided to go with a buffet option. I have never personally loved buffets so I was nervous. Extremely nervous. Can I just say that it was the BEST buffet I have ever had in my life? THE BEST! No one had to wait long for food, there were plenty of servings (some people had thirds!) and the food was crazy delicious. I cannot rave enough about the company who catered our wedding.

0966 07.05.09

The table settings were difficult for me to execute. I planned a wedding while working and going to school full-time and I just let the table settings slide. The catering company provided chocolate brown tablecloths, the lavender napkins and I created the table numbers with my maid of honor one night before the wedding. We were up so late.

0969 07.05.09

Andy and I bought 50 various shapes and sizes of off-white candles from IKEA and decided that would have to do for the table setting. At the last minute I decided that we needed glass plates for underneath as well so candle wax wouldn't go everywhere. Smart decision. Our florist added in the rose petals.

0979 07.05.09

We didn't upgrade to Chiavari chairs because the price was out of this world. I lost sleep over it for a few nights because wedding blogs tortured my brain and I am a snob but I got over it and I am glad I did. No one commented on the chairs good or bad. And please, if you are planning a wedding please take my advice and do not lose sleep over petty things like chairs. No one will care.

0981 07.05.09

I bought this signs off etsy for our parents and grandparents. They were $6 and so cute. It was one of those things where I was probably the only person who cared but whatever. $6!

1702 07.05.09

The flower arrangements on the head table made me want to die they were so perfect. When I had my consultation with my florist, I was so clueless. I knew nothing about flowers. Nothing. She simply showed me a few pictures, asked what colors I liked and then came up with magic.

1710 07.05.09

My maid of honor, Tiffany helped me make 150 seating cards. I am forever in her debt.

1713 07.05.09

I'm obsessed with monograms. I was thrilled when I realized that Andy and I would have the same initials once we got married. (I realized this on our first date, don't judge.) My middle name is Marie and his is Michael in case you were wondering. I had my middle name legally changed to my maiden name (which has an M) because I love my maiden name and didn't want to completely ditch it. I also didn't want to hyphenate or have a different last name than my future children.

Wow. I ramble a lot at 4am. Anywho, the monogram wasn't exactly what I wanted. It's supposed to go FIRST, LAST, MIDDLE but they did first, middle, last. No one cared but me of course.

1730 07.05.09

That's the thing people. We could have easily spent major cash on our wedding if I indulged all of my weird thoughts about people needing to sit in chiavari chairs or needing table settings that were huge and elaborate. I swear, if I was left to my own devices I would have had a wedding that rivaled Stanley's in SATC 2.

1757 07.05.09

And that's really not the point. Having a wedding for us was an excuse to party with our loved ones and get dolled up. We were two crazy kids who were madly in love with each other. We could have gotten married in a bathroom by a hobo named Bob and I would have been happy. I just wanted to be married to Andy already. Having a celebration like a wedding was more of a way to party, drink and be merry with the people who brought me into this world. And I had a HUGE family and I wanted to share my happiness with them.

1764 07.05.09

1767 07.05.09

I totally cried on multiple occasions because I was overwhelmed with how much love was in the air that night. Family and friends came from all over just to celebrate with us. It was a feeling I'll never forget.

1793 07.05.09

Happy flashback friday! I'm going to do a few more wedding detail posts this month because it makes me happy. Hope you enjoy!

Did you flashback friday? Let me know and I'll ch-ch-ch check it out!

Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

At August 13, 2010 at 5:10 AM , Blogger Erica said...

I want your yogurt bowl...right now. It makes me crave some Charleston's Cafe ;) Maybe I can convince/con someone into going with me tomorrow ;). Your wedding was so beautiful. LOVE that it was outside and the colors are gorgeous. Simple but elegant.

 
At August 13, 2010 at 5:18 AM , Blogger Beth said...

this looks really beautiful. when I got married 4 years ago, we were poor so we had a very simple wedding. I wouldn't do it any other way!

 
At August 13, 2010 at 6:28 AM , Blogger Mom on the Run said...

What a beautiful wedding! I love the colors...so bright and bold. We just celebrated 6 years last week. I should do a trip down memory lane because yours looks like a blast.

 
At August 13, 2010 at 10:16 AM , Anonymous Megan @ Healthy Hoggin' said...

I love that you shared your wedding flashbacks! Even though I'm already married, I think I could look at wedding stuff all day long. ;)

Our first anniversary is coming up this October, and I can't WAIT to relive it through photos, too! I'll definitely be posting some pictures! (and pigging out on wedding cake!)

Looks like you had a BEAUTIFUL wedding! I didn't splurge on pricey chairs either, and I don't regret it one bit! (in fact, I had black conference chairs that were more comfy and matched my black table linens anyway!)The most important part is definitely partying with your friends and loved ones!

 
At August 13, 2010 at 12:04 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

Awww...I love the colors you chose. Very soft and subtle. Well done Amanda!

 
At August 13, 2010 at 1:03 PM , Blogger Mo Diva said...

when i find that special guy im gonna tie him up so he cant escape, then email you for tips on wedding stuff! lol
your theme was sooo awesome! I love the cake. Im am OBSESSESD with clean lines on cakes. I hate fondant but i love the clean look of fandant cakes. and the flowers are a GORGEOUS touch!

 
At August 13, 2010 at 1:14 PM , Anonymous Eden said...

I know I dont know you all that well (although since I read your blog so often, I think I know you better than I know some of my oldest friends), but I would have loved to come to your weddings. I personally love weddings. Nothing like having a reason to get dressed up, having a reason to make a fool out of yourself dancing, and of course eating food you dont have to pay for!

 
At August 13, 2010 at 1:54 PM , Anonymous ashleigh said...

I love this post!! Your wedding looks like it was truly beautiful and everything you dreamed of. I love the purple, it's so pretty!

 
At August 13, 2010 at 2:41 PM , Anonymous Ameena said...

Oh Amanda...I want you to plan my next party. You have such a knack! I love everything about your wedding, from the gorgeous purple to the etsy sign to the garden party atmosphere. I always think simplicity is best and no, nobody will ever care or notice that you didn't have chivari chairs! (My mom was obsessed with those on my wedding. Obsessed!).


I hope your asthma gets better ASAP.

 
At August 13, 2010 at 3:33 PM , Blogger Heather said...

Wow, the pictures from your wedding are phenomenal!! What a great photographer!
The colors are beautiful, too, along with the message you're conveying. Simple, yet PERFECT for YOU. :)

 
At August 13, 2010 at 5:11 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

Such beautiful flowers and that CAKE looks gorgeous!!

Hope you feel better soon!!

 
At August 13, 2010 at 5:42 PM , Blogger lynn said...

god your cake is beautiful!!!

i'm thinking of going last minute to vegas - a comped room sounds nice!!!

 
At August 22, 2010 at 7:34 PM , Blogger h-factor v 2.0 said...

this was really special to read. nice, for real...all of it. <3

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home