This Page

has been moved to new address

Happiness is not a fish you can catch.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Happiness is not a fish you can catch.

This Page

has been moved to new address

Happiness is not a fish you can catch.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Happiness is not a fish you can catch.

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Happiness is not a fish you can catch.

First and foremost, you guys are amazing. Your comments on the post about my foot injury cheered me up more than words can properly express.

I did a lot of thinking and I have decided that getting a second opinion about my injury wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. I am going to try to see a sports medicine doctor/physical therapist who can help me strengthen the weak muscles around my ankles and calves. Hopefully with some help and TLC, I'll feel stronger and healthier. (And be able to train for more races like I want, only pain-free!)

I'm not going to stop working out but I am going to change the way I look at exercise. I will not exercise to lose weight anymore. I will exercise to keep my body healthy, to boost energy levels and to reduce my stress. I've been too hard on myself with this weight loss thing and it's not healthy. It's more important to me to be healthy and happy. If I obsess over calories in and calories out, I will be unhappy.

Your support is more than I could ever ask for. Thanks for being here for me. It will be a process. I don't expect to change my thinking overnight but I do hope to be a positive example to my four younger siblings and my future children. I want to be proud of what my body can do and not what it CAN'T do.

001

Let's move on. The other night I made some bruschetta with organic tomatoes, a balsamic glaze, a spritz of olive oil, buffalo mozzarella and some delicious crusty bread. I missed the fresh basil but we didn't have any on hand.

003

I toasted the bread in the oven at 400. I simply cut the bread into slices, sprayed with olive oil using my misto and topped half of the bread with cheese. I couldn't decide if I preferred the cheese melted or not.

002

The melted cheese won.

For the tomatoes, I diced them and tossed them in salt & pepper before throwing them on top of the bread slices.

The balsamic glaze was easier than I thought it would be. I boiled 1/2 of a cup of balsamic vinegar, reduced to low until it thickened. I got about 1/4 cup of glaze. I used a turkey baster to glaze the bread.

YUM! Makes me miss lazy days in Italy.

Next, I might try bruschette with chopped tomatoes, balsamic glaze, chopped avocado and asiago. What other combinations would be good?

Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At August 5, 2010 at 10:12 AM , Blogger Tamara said...

Mmm, that bruschetta looks delicious! I've been meaning to make some for like, the past 6 months, but keep getting distracted, haha.

And good for you with working on changing your outlook; it really is all about health and happiness, neither of which should always be defined by a number on the scale. Big hugs!

 
At August 5, 2010 at 11:05 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

That looks delicious. Make that for me girl. I think we should make some with artichoke hearts and maybe sundried tomatos!

 
At August 5, 2010 at 11:20 AM , Blogger Mari said...

Hey lovely! I am glad to hear you are feeling better! I think a 2nd opinion might be a good idea. you know I am here for you!

 
At August 5, 2010 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Yelena said...

I'm also glad you are feeling better. I'm always around if you need anything at all :)

I am so making your balsamic glaze this weekend- it's perfect for my BBQ!

How about adding some shrimp, sundried tomato, or doing a pesto thing?

 
At August 5, 2010 at 1:03 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

Wow, wow, WOW!!!!! That bruschetta looks soooooooo good!! Way better than any restaurant!! And I'm so impressed you made your own balsamic glaze. Awesome!! :)

 
At August 5, 2010 at 2:05 PM , Blogger lynn said...

you've got a great attitude amanda, and that's gonna carry you through this. it's important to let go of decision making based on fear and trying to make choices that bring you joy, right now. can't wait to meet you guys on saturday!!!

 
At August 5, 2010 at 2:25 PM , Anonymous sophia said...

Mmm! Your combo sounds so good. What about: sauteed apple and walnuts and cinnamon and blue cheese? Or bacon and figs and arugula and balsamic. Or summer peaches and basil and hazelnut and goat cheese....

I'm glad you're adopting this strong, positive perspective and attitude, Amanda. Tht's so admirable. best of luck with your injury!

 
At August 5, 2010 at 8:08 PM , Anonymous Ameena said...

I'm a day late (as usual) but I wanted to say how sorry I am about your injury! I definitely encourage a second opinion.

And melted cheese...there is nothing like it!

Looking forward to seeing you again in a couple of days!

 
At August 6, 2010 at 12:46 PM , Anonymous Eden said...

That bruschetta looks awesome. I love balsamic on desserts! I put it with greek yogurt and strawberries. I know, weird, but I promise its really delicious. I really like that your attitude is good about this. I've struggled so long with stupid stuff like weight, and its all meaningless to everybody but myself, and it doenst really mean all that much to me. sorry for the lengthy post.

 
At August 6, 2010 at 8:38 PM , Anonymous Megan @ Healthy Hoggin' said...

Just discovered your blog! I'm excited about the meet-up tomorrow!

Mmmm... I love bruschetta! My usual toppings are roasted tomatoes and garlic, basil and goat cheese (or feta). Basically I try to make it taste like pizza. ;)

Hope you recover quickly! I know how much it stinks to be injured-- but it will make you appreciate running more when you've recovered!

 
At August 7, 2010 at 5:17 AM , Blogger Gina; The Candid RD said...

Well I'm just now catching up on your blog, and it sounds like you had a foot injury....am I right?! While that's never any fun, I love your positive attitude and what a great idea to start focusing on wellness and health, rather than weight. I hope you stick to that because if you do, you will shine! Exercise should be fun and not cause stress. Focusing on the right thing is so important.

Great looking bruschetta!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home