This Page

has been moved to new address

Getting cuh-razy in Las Vegas

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Getting cuh-razy in Las Vegas

This Page

has been moved to new address

Getting cuh-razy in Las Vegas

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Getting cuh-razy in Las Vegas

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Getting cuh-razy in Las Vegas

Stupid title. Forgive me. I have been job searching all day. I'm trying to find a job that will work with my busy student teaching schedule. Mostly because I want to buy a DSLR, go to Ireland and buy more Lululemon yoga pants.

050

We did some damage at Hash House a Go Go. None of us finished our plates but we still felt pretty full. The Palazzo has an amazing gym & spa called Canyon Ranch Spa so we decided to check it out. I took a yoga class and the boys went to the gym.(Andy walked at an incline with his huge bandage on. He is intense.)

Tiffany and I took part in the sauna, steam room, igloo room, jacuzzi, rainforest showers and relaxation rooms. We felt incredibly relaxed afterwards.

Which obviously meant we needed more alcohol.

051

052

This is the dress I wore. It's made by Free People and I am obsessed. Unfortunately it's a little short and I HATE my legs so after a few hours, I changed into jeans.

I try to be a lady, I really do.

053

054

We went to Taqueria Canonita for happy hour. Andy's parents have been and told us it was delicious. I started with a blackberry margarita.

055

Tiffany ordered a mango margarita? I think.

056

And Gary ordered a long island iced tea. Aren't they a cute couple? I love double dates.

057

Andy ordered a beer. Which is boring. Right?

058

For food, I ordered chicken flautas.

059

Andy ordered ceviche. (And I tried the ahi tuna!) The ceviche was delicious. It came with three different kinds and the seafood-phobe in me was scared. Then I tried it. Love. Getting over my fear was delicious, gotta love that. Taqueria Canonita is a fun place to grab a bite, get a few drinks in and people watch. Go to their happy hour, it's from 2-7. Order the guacamole and think of me.

And I stopped taking pictures at this point. Maybe it had to do with my second margarita. I'll never tell.

I'm also sad because we went to a fun champagne bar with another couple (triple date!) and I forgot to take pictures. Sometimes I seriously fail at being a blogger.

Do you ever forget to take pictures? Or am I alone here?

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

At August 16, 2010 at 11:00 AM , Anonymous kalin said...

amanda my friend, god has given us a gift when our dresses are too short, or our legs are too weird, or we somehow only managed to shave our left leg (not that i've ever done that...) and that gift is leggings.
go buy some 5 dollar target leggings. your life will be better. promise.

 
At August 16, 2010 at 11:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, all of that good looks good.....especially the ceviche, love me some ceviche.

And the blackberry margarita looks fabulous also. I miss living on the west side and being close to Vegas :(

 
At August 16, 2010 at 11:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regardless of whether you like your legs, I LOVE that dress!

What a great time! And don't feel bad - I was the same way the first time my husband cooked Ahi Tuna - he brought it to the table and it was just seared on the outside and all red on the inside.

Poor thing I had him take it back to the kitchen until it was grey on the inside!

Slowly I gave it a chance, I had to get over how it looked and I do like it now!

Happy Monday!

 
At August 16, 2010 at 2:48 PM , Blogger Yelena said...

Amanda- I heart your dress! I love the two different color contrasts. Also, I never show my legs and I wore shorts the other day- it was hard but like a good hazing. Nobody stared.

I agree with Kalin though- leggings do the trick.

 
At August 16, 2010 at 6:24 PM , Anonymous sophia said...

I suppose I never forget to take pictures...because I'm never drunk. ;-p

I think you look sexy in that dress. You really know how to shake up Vegas!

 
At August 16, 2010 at 6:33 PM , Blogger Heather said...

That dress is fantastic. Own it, sister!

I need a blackberry margarita in my life. Hmmm....maybe a trip to Vegas is in order.

 
At August 16, 2010 at 7:09 PM , Anonymous Ameena said...

Love your hair, love your dress! Half of my closet is Free People. Did you know Urban Outfitters owns FP and Anthropologie?

Kalin's advice is so funny!

 
At August 16, 2010 at 7:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just found your blog and I'll likely be a regular. Looks like you guys are having an awesome time in Vegas.

 
At August 17, 2010 at 6:23 AM , Blogger Sara said...

Not only do I forget to take pictures, but also I apparently forget to post anything. Blogger fail.

But yay! Vegas looks fun!

 
At August 17, 2010 at 12:10 PM , Blogger lynn said...

i think we have the same camera! how did i not notice this at the meetup?!?!

 
At August 18, 2010 at 5:25 AM , Blogger Lori said...

So happy to read your Vegas recaps. We are headed there next week and staying at Paris and the Palazzo. That blackberry margarita sounds great! And yes, I'm always forgetting to take pictures. Sometimes I just get too excited by the food. :)

 
At August 18, 2010 at 7:37 PM , Anonymous ashleigh said...

You take awesome vacations! I want some of that sangria and that free people dress looks amazing on you!

 
At August 19, 2010 at 12:39 PM , Blogger AllThingsYummy said...

Your margarita looks so good.
Yes, I forget all the time and then I'm sad cause I think it would make such a great post.
I can only imagine the fun you had at the champagne bar.
I'll definitely check out the Happy Hour next time I'm in Vegas (which hopefully will be soon) LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home