This Page

has been moved to new address

Eggo: Real Fruit Pizza.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Eggo: Real Fruit Pizza.

This Page

has been moved to new address

Eggo: Real Fruit Pizza.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Eggo: Real Fruit Pizza.

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Eggo: Real Fruit Pizza.

Thank you for all the well wishes on Andy's surgery. The patient is healing just fine.

024

See what I mean? Not only did he post a blog but he watched a few movies, went with me to Trader Joe's and made coffee this morning!

Color me impressed. The whining has been minimal. I think I've been whinier.

As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program, I received some free samples of Eggo Real Fruit Pizzas.

001

They microwave on a "grill" tray for only a minute so it was a nice quick breakfast.

002

Here's what it looked like frozen. I expected the crust part to be a waffle since I naturally associate Eggos with waffles but it was more pita like.

003

Here it is cooked. Doesn't look that different does it?

Here's the thing...yes this makes for a quick and easy breakfast but it wasn't show stopping or nearly as crispy as an Eggo Waffle. I enjoyed the smell and the taste but the nutritionals did not impress me. These pizzas are about 300-400 calories which is fairly calorie dense for what it was. I think I'd rather take a note from Em and make my own fruit pizza. Still, I can see buying these for kids every now and again if you were in a rush.

Have you tried any new products lately?

Labels: , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At July 31, 2010 at 9:24 AM , Blogger lynn said...

glad andy is doing okay! i loved eggos growing up...with pb and j!

 
At July 31, 2010 at 9:28 AM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

Looks like you and I agree on the eggo pizza. Wouldn't it have been a bit more fun if it had a crispy waffle crust?? Oh well... we can make our own better versions at home!

 
At July 31, 2010 at 9:43 AM , Anonymous Mama Pea said...

Aww, poor Andy! I hope he's milking this for all it is worth.

Yeah, that pizza thing is just BIZARRE.

 
At July 31, 2010 at 1:36 PM , Blogger h-factor v 2.0 said...

way to be troopers together, injuries/surgeries can be bogus. (is there yogurt on that pizza? it's confusing me slightly.)

 
At July 31, 2010 at 4:05 PM , Anonymous sophia said...

I only just saw that product the other day...I was fascinated by the concept, but I didn't wanna pay for something I can make myself...but I do love the idea of a breakfast fruit pizza on waffles!

 
At July 31, 2010 at 4:22 PM , Blogger Andy said...

my thought on the product was that it is unneeded. make your own, eat granola, fruit, and waffles. eggo should stick to waffles.

 
At July 31, 2010 at 8:49 PM , Anonymous Ameena said...

I used to eat eggos like they were going out of style. But then I grew up and developed allergies...I miss eggos!

I hope to see you next week at Lemonade! Do you think you will be able to join us?

 
At August 2, 2010 at 11:39 AM , Blogger Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

Hmm...I'm like you, I'd rather make it myself and have a lot less calories too! I had to opt out of that one since it contained dairy.

I recently tried the carrot cake Larabar and it was awesome! :)

 
At September 8, 2023 at 7:53 AM , Anonymous Best Dissertation said...

Loved reeading this thank you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home