This Page

has been moved to new address

There's no place like home

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: There's no place like home

This Page

has been moved to new address

There's no place like home

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: There's no place like home

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

There's no place like home

After a few days of indulging and dining out in Vegas, we were ready for a nice home cooked meal. I always get that way after road trips. I have another trip planned for this Tuesday but luckily this time I'll be with family. Meaning more food from a home will be consumed!

002

This hummus is addicting. I went to Trader Joe's to buy another container and it was GONE! Sold out!

003

In a pinch, this will suffice.

004

Both hummus and salsa accompanied by addictive corn chips of course. Organic means they are healthy right? I have a
hard time portioning these out.

007

Do you have a Great Harvest in your area? We don't--really. I drove 15 miles in the morning to grab one of these strawberry and cream scones. It's delicious but huge. I shared with Andy. I love that it's made with whole wheat flour and isn't super dry like most scones. (I realize they are supposed to be this way.)

008

Finally after all my snacking, it was time for a home cooked meal. Foodbuzz sent me 3 varieties of buns to try out (FOR FREE as part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program) and we went with the whole wheat first.

009

Dinner was bbq pulled pork, baked beans and watermelon. The most delicious watermelon I have EVER tasted.

010

Droolworthy. After this blog post, I have a date with this watermelon. So luscious.

011

Andy had some Full Sail Pale Ale with his. I stole a few sips. This is my favorite pale ale.

012

And while the baked beans are from a can, I wouldn't discount them. They are delicious and smoky. Trader Joe's can do no wrong in my eyes. I do intend on trying my hand at some homemade baked beans though.

013

We went out looking for running shoes after dinner and ended up with Pinkberry. Typical. I ordered a mini mango with strawberries, dark chocolate crunch balls and captain crunch.

014

Andy always gets original with strawberries and kiwi. Always. He is a loyal man. I'm a flirt when it comes to frozen yogurt. Always trying new things.

Kauai in 12 days! I have a ton planned before then so Kauai will feel like a vacation from my vacation. I'm going to Arizona with my mom and brother to visit family. It's over 100 degrees there too. I still intend on running and strength training and I'm slightly nervous about the heat. I think getting up before the sun will be key.

Do you workout in high temperatures? Any advice for me?

Thanks to everyone who commented and gave me their blog addresses. I am slowly building my reader back up. Blog reader update

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At June 19, 2010 at 12:08 PM , Blogger Yelena said...

I don't work out much these days, but I would say to start early and stay hydrated!

By the way, that hummus is devoured at my house. If I don't buy two at a time, I am back at the store in like 2 days for real!

 
At June 19, 2010 at 12:16 PM , Blogger Dawn Dishes It Out said...

I'll be working out in high temps soon, you'll have to keep me posted on the advice you get. Omg, the pineapple Newmans salsa is my fav. When I was pregnant I must have ate a jar of that a week!!

 
At June 19, 2010 at 12:28 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

My best advice for working out/running in hot weather is to get up before the sun and take water along. I ran every morning one summer in the heat of Atlanta and that was the only way I was able to survive. I'm so excited b/c we're cooking out tonight - I love baked beans!!!!! :)

 
At June 19, 2010 at 2:19 PM , Anonymous kalin said...

full sail! i love them!
hot temperatures are god's way of telling you to just take a nice, leisurely swim.

 
At June 19, 2010 at 2:45 PM , Blogger lynn said...

i'm assuming you went to the great harvest in pasadena? i love it!

 
At June 19, 2010 at 5:06 PM , Blogger Angela said...

With heat starting in the morning is your best bet. I live in South Georgia so I don't just deal with heat but humdity also. I do most of my runs around 6 or 6:30 in the morning.

 
At June 20, 2010 at 7:28 AM , Anonymous Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

Early morning! :) Also be sure to hydrate plenty the day before and also after the run. Water is your best friend during the summer. Have fun in AZ!

 
At June 20, 2010 at 9:08 AM , Anonymous Ameena said...

I absolutely cannot work out in the heat...the temperature has to be perfect for me outside otherwise I retreat to the gym. I really like the early evening for a run...usually the weather is great then.

I have been wanting to try the TJ's Corn Chips so I am glad they got your seal of approval. I am going to pick some up this week. :)

 
At June 21, 2010 at 10:14 AM , Blogger A Hunter's Wife said...

Oh how I miss Trader Joes. I moved from Milwaukee, WI to a town of 332 people in the panhandle of NE. Now I know where I'll be stopping during my trip home over the 4th of July.
(Do you know that you can't even find Manicotti shells and these ma and pa grocery stores? oh the horror!)
;)
Jen

 
At June 22, 2010 at 4:24 AM , Blogger Jen said...

I wish I liked hummus, I just can't like it for some reason!
I so wish we had Pinkberry around here, looks delightful!!!

Jen
http://jenslosinit.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home