This Page

has been moved to new address

Wake up in the morning feeling like...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Wake up in the morning feeling like...

This Page

has been moved to new address

Wake up in the morning feeling like...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Wake up in the morning feeling like...

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Wake up in the morning feeling like...

I am feeling extremely stressed out today. I know exactly why! Spring Break ended today and I have to go back to work and school. I work as a substitute (instructional aide, preschool teacher or behaviorist) so now I'm back to waiting by the phone for a job offer. I get 2-3 a week which is perfect for my busy schedule. I'm currently enrolled in 5 classes. I had six classes but one of them was only an 8 week course. Thank goodness.

Routines work for me. No doubt about it. Of course I miss working full-time and taking four classes in the evenings because my life was on a perfect schedule. I woke up in the morning, ate breakfast, worked, ate lunch in my car, went to school, ate dinner on campus and came home at the same time every night. It was hard for me to break out of the cycle.

Now my schedule is thrown off because I never know when or where I'm going to work. I have to fit my workouts in whenever I can. I prefer to work out in the mornings around 8-9am. If I'm being honest, I know that I can work out every morning at 5:30am-6:30am and take a quick shower and be ready to work at 7:30am. But I am not used to getting up at 5:30am. My mindset is..."if I have to work today, I'll just work out before I go to school." Half of the time that doesn't happen. If I work from 8am-2:30pm, I get home just in time to grab my books and drive to school for my class at 4pm. Then I'm in school till 10pm! I'm not working out at 11pm at night. No way.

So what I'm trying to say is...I need to wake up earlier. I convince myself not to because "what if I don't have to work?" but it's ridiculous. Waking earlier would be beneficial for working out, tidying up the apartment, getting homework and lesson plans done and reading blogs!

I need your help! How do I start waking up earlier? Andy gets up around 5:30-6am to go to work (he's a high school teacher) but that never seems to motivate me. I just get excited about having the bed to myself for a couple of hours. I normally wake up around 7-8am.

Moving on...

Yesterday I was still feeling extremely sore from the HIIT workout with the weights. My legs are in so much pain!

My sister Sarah, Andy and I went to the park and walked 6k, did sprints across basketball courts, tricep dips on a bench, crunches, bicycle crunches, lunges across the court and squats. I wanted to run but my legs weren't having it.

001

Last night I made my sister Sarah, her boyfriend Chris, Andy and myself a buffalo chicken pizza using these buffalo chicken and blue cheese meatballs I found at Trader Joes. It was pretty good but the crust was too doughy. HATE THAT!

002

Then we went out to frozen yogurt where I managed to eat all of the toppings but barely made a dent in the yogurt. I'm an idiot for overfilling the thing!

So any advice on my waking up earlier thing?

(Also my BFL book has not come yet. I will start BFL once I get it and read through it. I want to do it right!!)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

17 Comments:

At April 12, 2010 at 9:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

the sun totally wakes me up, so leaving the blinds open helps get me out of bed in the mornings (i just ahve to make sure to close 'em on the weekneds or i'm up far too early)
and coffee with a timer. we have a grind and brew, so it starts making noise at 6:15 every morning. the noise+delicious coffee smell helps get me out of bed

 
At April 12, 2010 at 9:23 AM , Anonymous Kara (@ Kara's Marathon) said...

I stink at this myself, but I've read that if you try and get up a few minutes (say, 15) earlier each day over the course of the week, it will be easier on your body than abruptly making the switch to a 5:30am wake up call. Of course, that also requires going to bed earlier too...

 
At April 12, 2010 at 9:25 AM , Blogger Mari said...

I have days that I wake up with no problem and then there are other days that I need an army of men (god I wish) to pull me out of bed.

One thing that helps me get out of bed is to set my alarm for 10 minutes before I actually have to get up and just read emails/twitters/blogs from other blogger...seeing them live a healthy life, motivates me to get my day started with kick ass workout!

 
At April 12, 2010 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Yelena said...

I wish I could help, but I can't get up early since I have a really hard time falling asleep at night and that would leave me with about 5 hours of sleep- no good!

If you have advice for falling asleep, I'll take it!

Your pizza looks great, btw- and I would probably like the doughy crust!

 
At April 12, 2010 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Bitty Babushka said...

Set the alarm clock and make sure it's out of reach and that it requires you to get out of bed to turn it off. You should get one of those annoying ones that plays a song. My sister has an OLD Winny the Pooh clock that plays the same song every single morning. It's been tossed a couple of times but it's managed to stay alive, somehow. HA!

 
At April 12, 2010 at 10:25 AM , Blogger Mo Diva said...

Id say wake up early in small steps. 30 mins earlier one day for a mini work out and build up form there. I hate getting up early so i do my workouts after work... but my day is over before yours :-(

i know how you feel about hte schedule..the good news is that it wont be for long

 
At April 12, 2010 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

I need help with this too... I set my alarm for 15-20 minutes before I really need to get out of bed, but then I end up staying asleep even longer! If I put the alarm across the room, I learn to tune it out and then once again sleep in too late. I have a problem. I look forward to reading others' suggestions. Yummy pizza btw!

 
At April 12, 2010 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Emily said...

I get up early, but I have to workout in the morning or I won't get to it - I think it is easier because I HAVE to....but maybe if you just started your day a little early every day and just tell yourself that your day HAS to start at 6AM..?

 
At April 12, 2010 at 11:53 AM , Blogger lynn @ the actors diet said...

i do not have ANY advice about getting up earlier...if anything i am lounging in bed longer and longer!

 
At April 12, 2010 at 12:57 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

Hey Amanda, I wish I had some tips for you, but I'm the queen of pushing snooze. I'm not disciplined enough to wake up early to workout. Maybe think up some kind of reward. Like if it were me, I'd ask Andrew to help me out and say, honey for each day I get up early to workout, can I earn points and when I earn enough, give me a footrub, or something like that... sounds really first grade, but that's how my mind works when trying to encourage people to meet goals, hehe! ;)

 
At April 12, 2010 at 1:20 PM , Anonymous Fit Chick in the City said...

I know this is lame... but I'm really good at getting up early. I'm not good at going to sleep early though. Wish I could give you some good advice.

 
At April 12, 2010 at 2:10 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

Your schedule is a little like mine. I never know when I'm going to have my next job. It sucks working freelance sometimes. But oh well...

I'm not a morning person. If i'm not going anywhere in the morning I'll usually take my time to get out of bed. If I haven't a shoot I'm working on in the morning then I'll have to get up on time.

 
At April 12, 2010 at 2:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man that meal looks awesome! froyo is the perfect dessert too :) i love all the toppings! go big or bo home!

 
At April 12, 2010 at 7:21 PM , Anonymous ashleigh said...

Wow you have a very busy schedule! Good for you for wanting to get up early to get your workouts in. I'm not a morning person so I really have no advice. Try sleeping in your workout clothes? All I do know is that you should keep with it. I used to try and get up early twice a week and it was so hard because my sleep schedule was all weird.

 
At April 12, 2010 at 10:02 PM , Anonymous sophia said...

I have NO idea. How DO I wake up earlier? Today I missed the first half of art class because I overslept...AGAIN. I set up 2 alarm clocks and I can't even hear them! A problem, no?

 
At April 12, 2010 at 10:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so bad at waking up early too! I tend to hit snooze about 10 times before I actually get up. I did read a while back about an alarm clock that runs away from you so that you have to chase it to stop the noise. That would definitely wake me up!

 
At April 13, 2010 at 12:41 PM , Blogger Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

Unfortunately, you just have to started getting up early, and after about a week it will start to feel normal. My only advice is to only hit snooze ONCE...more than that and you'll feel like crap!

Love the idea of buffalo chicken pizza, as I just posted today what we had for dinner last night - Inside Out Buffalo Wings! Yum!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home