This Page

has been moved to new address

Enchiladas and the perfect smoothie ingredient

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Enchiladas and the perfect smoothie ingredient

This Page

has been moved to new address

Enchiladas and the perfect smoothie ingredient

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Enchiladas and the perfect smoothie ingredient

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Enchiladas and the perfect smoothie ingredient

001

People. Go out and buy a bunch of bananas.

002

Peel them, break them in half and freeze them in individual baggies.

003

Take your second batch and hang them on your counter. Frozen bananas are for smoothies and fresh bananas are for mornings when you have to rush out the door.

004

This juice is funk on its own. But fantastic in a smoothie!

005

I added half a packet of Amazing Meal, 1 cup green plant, 1 frozen banana, 10 frozen strawberries, 1/4 cup pom juice and 5 peach slices. It was DELISH!

006

Next up, I made some homemade guacamole. I start by slicing up two avocados into chunks.

007

While I made the guac, Andy cooked up some chicken. We filled tortillas with green chiles, cilantro, black beans, red bell pepper, chicken and cumin.

008

Rolled them up and covered them in green enchilada sauce and shredded pepper jack. (I don't put cheese inside the enchiladas.)

009

I leave my guac fairly chunky with tomatoes, garlic salt, cumin, crushed red pepper, chili powder, cilantro and lime juice. Usually onions too but I forgot.

010

It was still tasty! I credit the cumin this time.

011

I cooked the enchiladas for 15 mins at 400 degrees.

012

I used high fiber multigrain tortillas and worried that they wouldn't taste as good as corn tortillas. They were delicious, I could barely tell the difference!

013

Margaritas are also necessary.

014

And a random pot holder.

Andy and I have an exciting event to attend in a few! I can't wait to tell you about it. Food trucks are involved!

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

At March 30, 2010 at 3:37 PM , Blogger Janetha @ meals + moves said...

frozen bananas are by far the best smoothie ingredient in the world. i have gallon size freezer bags of them in my freezer! fun fact (or not so fun) i told my friend about this once, she froze her bananas.. well today, she was trying to peel the frozen banana and ct her hand open! she text me about it and i was like, GIRL YOU GOTTA PEEL THEM FIRST!

 
At March 30, 2010 at 3:49 PM , Anonymous Olga @ Healthing It said...

Frozen bananas are IT. Just when I thought they couldnt get any better, I tried soft served ice cream. Mmmmmmmm

 
At March 30, 2010 at 3:58 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

I agree, frozen nanners are the perfect ingredient when making smoothies!! :) Have you tried banana soft serve yet? Omg, so amazing!!

Those enchiladas look scrumptious!!

 
At March 30, 2010 at 4:29 PM , Anonymous Whitney @ Lettuce Love said...

Smoothies + enchiladas + 'ritas = awesome!

 
At March 30, 2010 at 4:40 PM , Blogger Tamara said...

Those enchiladas and the guac look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Then again, I love anything with green chile and cheese and avocado :D

And I just started freezing bananas a couple of weeks ago... So convenient! Now I can portion them out however I want when I don't feel like using the whole thing. Love it! Sad that it took me so long to jump on the frozen ban[ana]d wagon. Oh well!

 
At March 30, 2010 at 5:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bananas ARE the perfect smoothie ingredient :) and your margarita picture made me crave one like crazy!
I've been reading your blog for a while, I really enjoy it. :)

 
At March 30, 2010 at 5:41 PM , Blogger Emily said...

I just had a delicious smoothie! I've found that using apple juice instead of milk makes it!!

 
At March 30, 2010 at 6:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Mexican feast!!!! Enchiladas are one of my fav dishes:) You reminded me that I have to make them soon!

 
At March 30, 2010 at 6:40 PM , Anonymous ashleigh said...

I love frozen bananas! I freeze them when they get a little brown because thats when they taste the best!

Dinner looks delicious. I have never made my own marg, sounds like a great idea to indulge and save some calories :)

 
At March 30, 2010 at 7:23 PM , Blogger Mari said...

I love using frozen bananas in my Green Monsters...I think it is better than using ice cubes because they tend to water it down.

dude if and when I come down to CA, you have to make me this dish!

 
At March 30, 2010 at 9:16 PM , Blogger lynn said...

frozen bananas are da bomb. i always have them in my freezer - my dog likes them too, stuffed in his kong!

 
At March 30, 2010 at 11:42 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

I don't think I've ever had a banana smoothie. I think I need to venture out from my usual choices. And I want some enchiladas... STAT!!!!

 
At March 31, 2010 at 5:25 AM , Blogger Gina; The Candid RD said...

Oh yeah!! These DO look like the perfect enchiladas! Do you know I have never made enchiladas?? I know i know, I'm crazy.

I love your smoothie too, and isn't it strange how all the ingredients together are "funk" before they turn into a smoothie?? It's so true. AND, the bananas in the freezer idea, perfect. I will start doing that because currently I just use non frozen bananas in my smoothie, but frozen is much better for taste and texture!

 
At March 31, 2010 at 7:23 AM , Anonymous Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

I have frozen bananas in my smoothies everyday! Love them!

I also love this entry because hello, alcohol and enchiladas?! Heaven.

 
At March 31, 2010 at 8:08 AM , Blogger Erica said...

Bananas totally make smoothies- so delicious. Mexican makes the best easy/peasy din din. I hope you and the man have so much fun in Vegas!!! Cannot wait to read about it

 
At March 31, 2010 at 11:38 AM , Blogger clare @ the pretty walrus said...

I'm gonna try that frozen banana thing. I'm always running out of bananas (or throwing away BLACK ones ugh)

 
At March 31, 2010 at 1:18 PM , Anonymous Emily (A Nutritionist Eats) said...

Is that "plant juice" from TJ's like green juice?? Never seen it before!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home