This Page

has been moved to new address

Homemade Pizza!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Homemade Pizza!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Homemade Pizza!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Homemade Pizza!

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Homemade Pizza!

Andrea recently posted her pizza dough recipe. I bookmarked it and planned to make it myself. Well last night was the night!

019

I put on my Pom apron and got to work!

020

I already had a huge bag of organic whole wheat flour so I used that instead of the spelt or all purpose flour. I will try spelt once I'm out of whole wheat though! Other than that, I followed Andrea's recipe exactly. Her tips were so helpful!

021

Here's the dough before it rose. I covered it with a warm, damp towel for 4 hours to let it rise. It rose a ton!

023

Once it was dinner time, I rolled it out and topped it with pesto and steamed spinach. 2 cups of spinach to be exact. It wilts down a ton!

024

Then I added broccoli, red bell pepper, 3 sliced chicken sun-dried tomato sausages and mozzarella cheese. I was going to add artichokes too but it was already fully loaded.

025

I put it in the oven for 15 mins at 400 degrees. It was perfect after that!

026

Andy and I each had 2 slices on a salad plate. We have 5 slices left! This makes a lot of pizza.

Pizza Toppings:

1 sliced red bell pepper
1 cup loosely packed shredded mozzarella. (I grate it myself, it's better!)
1 cup chopped broccoli
2 cups wilted spinach
3 chicken sausages sliced
2 tbsp pesto. (more would be great!)

Thanks for the dough recipe, Andrea! I will definitely make it again and again. It was so much cheaper than buying premade dough.

022

I bought these heel inserts yesterday after my doctor's appointment. I ran 3.3 slow miles on the treadmill with them in my shoes last night. My heel still hurts but not as much as usual.

With that said, I decided to run another 5k with Andy! And my sister Sarah, possibly?

Its on Sunday April 25th and I plan on improving my time by 2-3 mins. I plan on tackling this by doing some interval training. Check it out! Hopefully it will work for me! I'm planning on running 4x a week and strength training with Jillian Michael's 2x a week. I'll take 2 days off so I might do 2 workouts in a day sometimes.

What are your training plans for April?

Labels: , , , ,

18 Comments:

At April 1, 2010 at 9:02 AM , Blogger Mari said...

Yums that pizza looks delish! I need to give thie recipe a try before it gets too hot to turn on the oven!

Yay you decided to run the 5K! I am so excited for you..

 
At April 1, 2010 at 9:13 AM , Blogger Tamara said...

Mmmm, that looks so good! I wanna go home and make pizza now.

 
At April 1, 2010 at 9:21 AM , Anonymous Ameena said...

Love your pizza...looks delicious! I usually just cheat and buy the TJ's pizza dough for my hubby and daughter...I can be lazy like that. :)

Love the apron!

 
At April 1, 2010 at 10:01 AM , Blogger lynn said...

good for you for making it from scratch! go you.

 
At April 1, 2010 at 11:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've tried various low-carb, low-calorie, and low-fat diets for the past couple of years. Although the Atkins diet is very popular, it made me feel somewhat unhealthy.

The diet plan I'm on right now is the Medifast Diet. The caloric intake is roughly 800-1000 calories. However, it doesn't make my body feel weak. It is a bit of a pricey diet, but there are plenty of coupons available on the internet. www.swoopup.com/stores/deals/Medifast-Diet. You should never pay full price.

My advice is just choose a diet plan which your body reacts positively to. No one knows your body better than you do!

 
At April 1, 2010 at 11:44 AM , Blogger Jenn said...

LOL...I love the apron. hahaha...

There's nothing like homemade pizza -- including dough. Nicely done!!! Look totally delicious.

 
At April 1, 2010 at 12:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww home made pizza is THE best!! Mine have often failed because i drench too much sauce on it and the crust gets all soggy. :( Fail. Your, obviously is a success!!! Props to you for going for the 5K!!!!

 
At April 1, 2010 at 12:23 PM , Anonymous Emily (A Nutritionist Eats) said...

I want that pizza! Do you deliver? :)

 
At April 1, 2010 at 12:45 PM , Anonymous Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

YaY!! I'm so glad that you made it and it turned out well! :D Once you do it a few times it becomes second nature and takes like 5 minutes total to put together.

 
At April 1, 2010 at 12:46 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

Hehe, those pom aprons are funny! ;)

That pizza looks so good!! I love pizza with broccoli on it b/c the broccoli all roasted and yummy!! :)

Thanks again for all the info on the heel inserts. Good luck on all of your April workouts!! :)

 
At April 1, 2010 at 1:24 PM , Blogger Janetha @ meals + moves said...

i love your apron! i have NEVER made my own pizza dough. i really need to!

 
At April 1, 2010 at 3:23 PM , Anonymous ChubbyNewlywed said...

Yum! I am totally hungry for pizza now. I have made white pizza dough in the past but now I'm curious about making wheat/spelt. Thanks for sharing!

 
At April 1, 2010 at 5:30 PM , Anonymous ashleigh said...

I love to make my own pizza dough!! That pizza looks delish. Hot apron ;)

 
At April 1, 2010 at 7:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That pizza looks amaaaazing, I may have to steal the recipe! :) Also - I LOVE your apron!!
- Melanie

 
At April 2, 2010 at 8:42 AM , Blogger Mo Diva said...

wow wow wee wow! that looks amazing! I have some frozen whole wheat dough in my freezer... i should make some pizzaa!!!!! yum. totally yum
and that apron is awesome!

 
At April 2, 2010 at 8:53 AM , Anonymous Taysa (Water, Butter and Wine) said...

Congratulations on your first 5k and it's exciting that you're running another one! I'm running a 5k on that day as well in San Francisco.

 
At April 2, 2010 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Naomi(Onefitfoodie) said...

YUM that pizza looks SO good! i still have yet to make homemade pizza from SCRATCH dough and all...I am so motivated by this post to make some!!

oh and LOVE that apron :)

 
At April 2, 2010 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Ca88andra said...

The pizza looks yummy! Good on you for making it from scratch!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home