This Page

has been moved to new address

Nike + & a bad Irishwoman

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Nike + & a bad Irishwoman

This Page

has been moved to new address

Nike + & a bad Irishwoman

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Nike + & a bad Irishwoman

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Nike + & a bad Irishwoman

I didn't do anything special for St. Patrick's Day. I just wasn't in the mood. I'm assuming this is due to having a three hour night class. I wasn't able to party!

I'm pretty much full-blooded Irish too. No joke. I recently did some investigating and only found traces of Italian here and there but mostly Irish. So therefore I am a bad Irishwoman for not celebrating. Sorry to disappoint!

001

I had some of this Bertolli sauce in the fridge from the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program. (I was sent this sauce for free!) and I decided dinner was going to work around that.

002

I also creepily decided to purchase these pierogies. What can I say? I'm Irish and we love our potatoes!

003

Dinner was served in minutes. I had to go to class so I loved having an easy meal. It was okay but I'm not sure I'd buy these pierogies again. The sauce definitely helped give it some flavor.

005

At school I bought some Sour Patch Watermelons and a Green book. (Blue books are now green who knew?) I had half of the sour patch candies before deciding that sugar is bad. I can't buy candy anymore! It's just empty delicious calories. But it did make the last 2 hours of my class (Computers in Instruction) that much easier.

007

This morning I tested out my Nike +. I just put the sensor in my shoe wallet. It seemed to work out okay. I ran 3.5 very slow and painful miles. My legs were so tight!

008

Then I made a huge greenish smoothie the lazy way.

1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze
1/2 cup Naked Green Machine
1/2 Packet Orignal Amazing Grass Meal
1/2 frozen banana
1 cup frozen peaches
1/4 cup mixed berries

009

I can't drink a smoothie without bananas! I'm so glad I freezed a bunch. This was my last one.

010

See it turned out pinkish. Blah. I need to get some spinach up in here!

I'm off to study for a midterm and whine about my sore legs. See you all tomorrow!

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

At March 18, 2010 at 12:35 PM , Anonymous Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

I adore pierogies! Potato and onion all the way for me. I also promise they are a lot better sauteed up in some olive oil with S&P, and garlic powder. :D

 
At March 18, 2010 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Janetha @ meals + moves said...

mmmm pierogies. yum. glad you were able to run. i LOVE frozen bananas in smoothies. makes them have that ice cream texture. i have a bag at home too!

 
At March 18, 2010 at 4:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i enjoy delicious empty calories.

possibly too much...

 
At March 18, 2010 at 7:01 PM , Blogger lynn @ the actors diet said...

i wonder why blue books are green now?! i want a pierogie!

 
At March 18, 2010 at 7:15 PM , Blogger Mom on the Run said...

Green Books just sounds so weird! I can't do smoothies without bananas either. Makes it go down so much easier!

 
At March 19, 2010 at 12:35 AM , Blogger Ca88andra said...

I hadn't thought of freezing bananas. What a great idea!

 
At March 19, 2010 at 4:08 AM , Blogger Jess said...

What you didn't celebrate St. Patty's Day and you're Irish? Just kidding. Have a great weekend!

 
At March 19, 2010 at 7:21 AM , Anonymous Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com said...

Mmm I think your quick dinner looks delicious! Anything with marinara makes me happy!
And I also love Sour Patch watermelons!! I used to eat them all the time. I need to get a little bag!
Have a great Friday!

 
At March 19, 2010 at 7:44 AM , Blogger kat said...

I've never served perogies with a red sauce, always just butter & sour cream, I know so bad!

 
At March 19, 2010 at 11:02 AM , Blogger Mari said...

I think you should join me in my green monster challenge! it would be fabulous =)

I never had piergogies but I think I would love them! are they similar to a knish?

 
At March 19, 2010 at 11:10 AM , Blogger Naomi(Onefitfoodie) said...

I love bananas in my smoothies too!! esp frozen ones :)

havent ever had pierogies!! they look good though but to be honest, the sauce looks much better!!!

happy friday!

 
At March 19, 2010 at 11:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey girl!!!
glad you could run!! yay!! LOVE your smoothie- i just had one with a frozen naner and it was off the chainnnn!

 
At March 19, 2010 at 12:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's official - I am the last food blogger not to have a green monster!

Sorry for all the late night classes and no beer for you - hopefully you guys will go out over the weekend!

 
At March 19, 2010 at 4:15 PM , Blogger Erica said...

We didn't do much for the holiday either- just a green din din :) Its hard when it falls on a Wednesday!!! Great pink/green monster :) I really love smoothies- so delicious! Hope you have a wonderful weekend

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home