This Page

has been moved to new address

I Should Have a Fan Club

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: I Should Have a Fan Club

This Page

has been moved to new address

I Should Have a Fan Club

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: I Should Have a Fan Club

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I Should Have a Fan Club

Amanda tells me people want me to post more. I have a feeling Amanda is up to no good and just wants me to post. In any event, here I am. My name is Andy.

Edit by Amanda: Be nice to Andy and tell him to post more! haha

I am extra stressed this week for no real reason. Maybe it is anxiety. We are almost to spring break (we are going to Vegas, which they should rename Food City). And of course, food is comfort. But Amanda and I are trying to be good, working out and eating relatively healthy. We also have the 5K this weekend. Yikes!

Amanda mentioned that the nice folks at Jayrobb sent us a TON of protein powder, bars, and other goodies. So we tried another one last night. Pina Colada!(As I am writing this, Amanda is making a Chocolate Shake. That is called a teaser in the business).

007

This stuff is damn tasty. I won't even say it is tasty for a protein shake, it is just good. We mix it with Almond Milk and various fruit. We have frozen bananas(1 in smoothie), strawberries(6), and peaches(half a large peach) with the Pina Colada mix and a cup of Almond Milk. This makes 2 relatively large smoothies.

Here is the nutrition info. Like I said, we make two smoothies with one pack.

006

Sort of blurtastic, but you get the point. We had these with dinner after a run yesterday. Jay Robb makes the goods.

010

See? THE GOODS!

The main event for dinner was a quesadilla. We had some whole grain tortillas and some fully cooked chicken from Trader Joes. We added shredded pepper jack cheese, Pepper Plant Hot Sauce, and Spicy Black Bean Dip, again from Trader Joes. Put it in the skillet, split it, added a bit of guacamole(from Joes again! See a trend?) and we had magic. The star was the black bean dip from Trader Joes. It was amazingly tasty, spicy, and full of awesome.

Here is our slightly odd, but ever so tasty smoothie and quesadilla dinner.

Edit by Amanda: It was not odd, it was protein-filled and necessary!

009

So my chocolate smoothie is ready. But a thought...how amazing is Trader Joes? I really hate regular grocery stores. Mostly because I hate the club card system. I don't like being tracked, and I realize this is odd because I am currently on the internet seemingly being tracked constantly. But the club cards bother me. I don't have any, refuse to get them, and get dirty looks from cashiers who always swipe someones card for me to use. I should do this more and buy just foul combinations of things.... but I don't. Trader Joes is cheap, friendly, and has great quality everything. I made a friend at our local Joes. He always comments on my band shirt/hoodies. We are sort of BFF now.

So...do you love Joes? Ever been? Any club card irrational fear you want to rant about? I'd love to hear.

Labels: , , , ,

19 Comments:

At March 23, 2010 at 7:12 PM , Anonymous ashleigh said...

Andy you should post more :) I love trader joe's!! They have the best food and it's affordable! However the one I go to is insane.. I mean police directing traffic outside insane! So I don't always enjoy shopping there because there's too many people, but during off hours it can't be beat.

 
At March 23, 2010 at 7:18 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

Definitely post more, Andy!! :) I love Jay Robb. Well, to be honest I've only had the vanilla, but it is the best protein powder I've ever tried. Love it! And I love TJ's. What's not to love?? :) I hate club cards too. We don't do the club card thing.

 
At March 23, 2010 at 7:19 PM , Anonymous sophia said...

you definitely should post more. You are making the delicate female do all the work. lol. But I hope that doesn't mean Amanda posts less, either. What can I say? We readers are greeedy.

I actually really like club cards...because like for Ralphs, you score points and that saves you money in the future. I think I got a $5 off my total purchase once because of the points. Score!

But TJ is certainly cool for sure. So cool that it doesn't need a posh club to attract fans.

 
At March 23, 2010 at 7:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love trader's joe. My boyfriend is in atlanta for a conference so I asked him to stop by Trader Joe to pick me up a couple of jar of almond butter! it's my favorite so far.

 
At March 23, 2010 at 7:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i only get to go to tj's up in new jersey and I love the ginger snaps:) they dont have them in florida:(

 
At March 23, 2010 at 7:46 PM , Blogger Rose said...

You should post more. And start a fan club as well. Great review. I've never tried this stuff so it's good to learn. I also really enjoy your spice rack

 
At March 23, 2010 at 8:13 PM , Blogger Emily said...

Unfortunately, I don't have a TJ's here so I rely on club cards (I HATE shopping at Wal-Mart).

 
At March 23, 2010 at 8:22 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

Since I'm new to reading your blog, I'd still have to agree with Amanda, you've got to post more Andy. :)

 
At March 23, 2010 at 10:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love TJ's! After I shop there I'm always so happy with my purchases and how much I paid (which never happens after leaving Whole Foods, which usually consists of me going "Oh crap did I really spend $30 on 5 items?!") Trader Joes is the best! :)

 
At March 23, 2010 at 11:26 PM , Blogger lynn @ the actors diet said...

trader joe's is the best. nothing can compare!

 
At March 24, 2010 at 8:01 AM , Anonymous Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

Andy you are awesome and I can say that because I've met you in person (take that jealous readers!). Yes you should totally post more or you guys should do joint posts! :D

I go to WF over Joe's because WF has produce while Joe's has none.

I don't mind the club cards. I mean if the government is that interested in my soymilk and greek yogurt comsumption, so be it.

 
At March 24, 2010 at 8:04 AM , Anonymous brandi said...

You guys should have a fan club :)

I LOVE Trader Joe's, but the closest one is 5 hours away, so I only get to go when I visit my parents.

 
At March 24, 2010 at 8:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Andy, you should post more! :) I have to say that there are no Trader Joe's here in Idaho. SO sad. We also do not have a Whole Foods, I feel a though I am missing out double. Oh well, I am living vicariously through you bloggies! P.S - THe shakes sound delish!

 
At March 24, 2010 at 9:25 AM , Blogger Mari said...

YES ANDY YOU SHOULD POST MORE! the blog is called "TWO boos who eat" =)

"He always comments on my band shirt/hoodies. We are sort of BFF now." haha this made me crack up...you have a bromance going on like Lance Armstrong and Matthew Mcconaughey lol

I love TJ, they have so many yummy things and sorry Andy but I also love Club Cards =) how else will CVS know that I love Orbit Gum and send me coupons?

 
At March 24, 2010 at 11:43 AM , Blogger Mo Diva said...

Yeah, andy you should post more.

I love Trader Joes. I often spend too much in there! I should show the contents of my freezer! its scary

the shake looks really good and I love the additions! mmmm. but i like chocolate shakes with PB better : P

club cards are stupid and unnecessary

 
At March 24, 2010 at 5:00 PM , Blogger vanillasugarblog said...

ok love your blog, love your style, love the funk! those breakfast food pics! oy!

 
At March 24, 2010 at 7:04 PM , Blogger Yelena said...

I only like one club card because they give me miles when I use my credit card. If I have to go spend money at the store, I want them rewards!

Like you, I love Joe. My hubby understands he is the other man in my life because of their pound plus bars and everything else!

Post more!

 
At March 24, 2010 at 8:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your writing style Andy...such character! Fun to read...so obviously I also want to put my vote in for more posts from you.

I got in trouble for not going to Trader Joes today...but one of your commentators made a good point that they don't have produce. So maybe I'll have to go check out our local Whole Foods.

I still think your club card phobia is silly. :)

Kerry.

 
At March 25, 2010 at 7:53 AM , Blogger Erica said...

I love Jay Robb Protein!! I just bought another giant container of his egg white variety yesterday. Can't get enough. Dinner looks fabulous. We do not have a TJs and it makes me so sad. I've written to them like 5 times asking them to open one in Charleston. For now, my MIL sounds me TJs packages every few months :) Have a great day- oh and POST MORE!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home