This Page

has been moved to new address

Inspiration.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Inspiration.

This Page

has been moved to new address

Inspiration.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Inspiration.

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Inspiration.

Last night, my dad had some major vertigo issues and was sent to the E.R. to check everything out. They gave him some meds for his dizziness and nausea and sent him home. He's being sent to an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor in a few to check up even more. Hopefully he'll be fine!

001

My dad is a marathon runner and still plans on running a half-marathon on March 27th! (While Andy and I run a 5k...it's at the same place.) Knowing this about my dad, inspired me. I ate a pb & raspberry jelly sandwich, slammed some green Naked Juice and put on my running shoes.

003

My shoe wallet makes my life so much easier. I put my id, debit card and key in it. I can't stand to hold anything while I run. It drives me insane.

004

I'm so happy that I purchased a RoadId especially after everything that happened with Chelsea King. Runners need to bring some sort of identification with them!

I was talking to my dad about my 5k time and how I am worried that I won't be able to finish in under 40 minutes. My dad is really supportive and just reminded me of how important it is to finish. But then I asked him what his fastest 5k time was..

18 minutes. What the heck. I would be so freaking thrilled if I could finish in under 40 minutes! One day...it will happen.

Anyway. I wanted to do a special shout out to Mari who recently completed her first 5k! Mari has been my support team since I started training for my 5k and I am so proud of her! Reading her post gave me the chills. I hope my 5k goes as well as hers does!

As for the 5k...I am doing The Great Race of Agoura Hills with Andy. My little sister might join as well.

I am so nervous/excited! I ran 4 miles today (slow miles but still!) and plan on running Thursdays, Saturday & Sunday this week and then only Tuesday next week. (I'm going to take a few days off to rest my legs. My knee/foot is still bothering me a lot.)

Send me more first 5k race stories to read! I love them.

Labels:

16 Comments:

At March 16, 2010 at 3:30 PM , Blogger kat said...

I hope your dad feels better. I ended up in the hospital with a bad bout of vertigo in college & it ended up being caused by an inner ear infection. It just ran its course & the vertigo went away.

 
At March 16, 2010 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Janetha @ meals + moves said...

hope everything is OK with your dad! the race sounds fun :)

 
At March 16, 2010 at 3:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm keeping your dad in my thoughts!

 
At March 16, 2010 at 4:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keeping your pops in my thoughts. I think that is so cool that your dad is running the half marathon and you and your man will run the 5k together.

Way to rock the shoe wallet! I know I could not live without my SPIbelt (holds all those things) but more fannypack-ish. LoL!

 
At March 16, 2010 at 4:39 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

Hope you're dad gets better soon. I have a Road ID for my shoe. Definitely gives me a better sense of security.

 
At March 16, 2010 at 6:32 PM , Blogger Erica said...

WOW! 18 minutes?? Finishing is important, time doesn't matter! you will rock it no matter what girlie

 
At March 16, 2010 at 7:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope your daddy is ok!

 
At March 16, 2010 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Mom on the Run said...

I do hope your dad is getting better!

That Road ID is great. I need one of those. I always have so much in my hand when I run. It is the worst!

 
At March 16, 2010 at 9:14 PM , Blogger Mari said...

Wow I am so sorry to hear that about your dad! I hope he is feeling better. My mom suffers from vertigo too =/

Thank you for the shoutout! you are such a sweetie and the best support/buddy system! I loved knowing that you were there to turn to whenever I would get frusturated etc. Thanks for being there for ME =)


I need to get that Road ID, I keep forgetting lol

 
At March 17, 2010 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Pam said...

Good for you! I am sure you will do great. Sending good thoughts to your dad.

 
At March 17, 2010 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Manderz said...

Your dad sounds similar to mine. My dad no longer runs b/c he had both of his hips replaced 2 years ago :(

My first 5k was thanksgiving morning 2008. My only goal was to finish the race which I expected to do in 45 mins. I ended up finishing in 39:02 and I was sooooo happy! I ran the same race a year later and finished in 29:57!

 
At March 17, 2010 at 8:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I definitely need to get a Road I.D. - especially since I am diabetic - you never know!

I agree with your Dad - don't concentrate on a time, just finish! Then the next race you'll PR!

Hope your Dad is okay too! :D

 
At March 17, 2010 at 9:32 AM , Blogger Suzy said...

Thanks again for stopping by my blog! GL with your 5K. You'll do great. I hope your dad is feeling better.

 
At March 17, 2010 at 3:06 PM , Blogger clare @ the pretty walrus said...

18 mins for a 5k.... geez what I'd give to be able to do that!!!! Fingers crossed for your dad.

That shoe wallet is SUCH a good idea!!! I'm gonna have to get one too!

 
At March 18, 2010 at 5:10 AM , Blogger Lori said...

Best wishes to your Dad. Sounds like he is a great running resource. My husband is the fast one in the family around here. Like everyone said, just finish, no worries about anything else. You will do great!

 
At March 18, 2010 at 9:12 AM , Anonymous Mama Pea said...

I've never ran a 5K...I'm too scared. I'd have to sprint the whole time and I'm afraid I'd crap out after a mile and a half!

I'll say some prayers for your dad!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home