This Page

has been moved to new address

a healthy balance

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: a healthy balance

This Page

has been moved to new address

a healthy balance

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: a healthy balance

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

a healthy balance



(source)

I'm a libra. We libras are all about balance. Without a healthy balance in our lives, we start to fall apart emotionally. It explains why I do so well with daily routines but love sponetanity over the weekend!

001

On Thursday, I had my first caramel Oikos greek yogurt before working out. I loved this flavor! It's just the right balance of sweet and tangy. Plus it's high in protein for such a small snack!

003

My camera ate my lunch picture on Thursday, but I can assure you that I ate a balanced meal of a black bean burger, muenster cheese, hummus, broccoli and a kiwi.

Dinner was a bowl of corn chowder and a chicken pesto panini from Corner Bakery. It was delicious despite the fact that they gave us potato chips instead of carrots. (oh sodium, how I love you!)

004

Andy got tomato basil soup with a poblano chicken sandwich.

005

Breakfast on Friday was the one thing I was really craving. A piece of toast with my favorite golden roasted flaxseed pb from Trader Joe's.

006

And for my sweet tooth, some vanilla greek yogurt with a tangy kiwi.

007

I went out to lunch with friends and ordered a bowl of butternut squash soup. It was terrific! I need to recreate.

008

Dinner was mashed potatoes, broccoli slaw and burgers. I used 90/10 burgers from Trader Joe's. The burgers have decent stats and manage to curb my craving for red meat. (Something I'm trying to cut out of my diet.)

009

And while this plate looks huge, I promise you it was on a salad plate.

010

And since the burger was so low in fat, I added some guacamole on top for my daily dose of MUFAs For balance purposes.

011

And because I had 200 calories left for my day, I decided to add in a raspberry hard cider. (140 empty but delicious calories.)

Now let's talk about Saturday.

Strike 1- Forgetting my camera
Strike 2- Eating a bacon chili cheese dog at Pinks
Strike 3- Sharing a medium milkshake with Andy at Millions of Milkshakes

Our milkshake had vanilla frozen yogurt, banana, nutella and a chocolate syrup swirl. Neither of us felt super guilty afterwards since we shared, which was nice.

But this morning, my body craved balance! I ran 2.5 miles on the treadmill, stretched and did yoga poses until I burned 583 calories! Week 4 Day 1 of Couch to 5k was HARD!

Now it's time for a HUGE veggie-filled salad at Souplantation and gallons of water.

How do you find your perfect balance?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

20 Comments:

At February 7, 2010 at 1:14 PM , Blogger Mari said...

Yums so many yummy eats! I am trying to get Oikos to ship some Caramel yogurt to my local supermarket! you b*tches are killing me, everytime I see it! lol

I started week 4 today, did you???

 
At February 7, 2010 at 5:08 PM , Blogger lynn said...

i've never seen those burgers at TJ's - will keep my eye out for them! have fun at souplantation - love that place!

 
At February 7, 2010 at 5:21 PM , Anonymous Kara (@ Kara's Marathon) said...

I'm a Libra too (10/14 - when's your bday?), but have yet to find a healthy balance in my lifestyle. It's always feast or famine with me; either I'm eating really well and exercising consistently, or doing a whole lot of nothing.

I think the most important thing is to cut yourself some slack, which it looks like you did; one milkshake (especially when you share it) isn't going to undo all the good things you've done for your body! Plus, our bodies know what they need, hence the workout and giant salad today :)

 
At February 7, 2010 at 6:41 PM , Blogger Mom on the Run said...

I am really trying to find my balance currently. After speaking to my doctor I have some new goals.

Your eats sound fantastic!

 
At February 7, 2010 at 7:09 PM , Blogger AllThingsYummy said...

yum, I love Corner Bakery and that Trader Joe's peanut butter is the best.

 
At February 7, 2010 at 7:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

soo many good eats!
i LOVE caramel oikos! freeze it for an hr before you eat and its so good!

 
At February 7, 2010 at 8:46 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

I want those oikos yogurts!! They look so good!!

I'm the same way - I like routine during the week, but look forward to being spontaneous on the weekends!! :)

 
At February 8, 2010 at 7:48 AM , Blogger Pam said...

Lots of good food you ate! The soups all look really tasty and so does that burger.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:21 AM , Blogger Erica said...

Could not agree MORE about the balance. I have a tendency to go a little too crazy on the healthy side...I need to allow myself to enjoy a few more treats :) I have never heard of/seen that caramel oikos! I so need to try that. The milkshake sounds amazing! Have a good week

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:03 AM , Blogger Rose said...

I LOVE that cute little yogurt container. Packaging can be everything to me :)

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:27 AM , Anonymous ashleigh said...

Hard cider is my favorite drink of choice! I stuggle finding balance on weekends. During the week I do great for the most part and weekends I'm a crazy mess.. we are all works in progres!!

Congrats on the 2.5 mile run, you are so close to 3, Yahoo!!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:58 AM , Blogger kat said...

I try to have a healthy breakfast everyday but Sunday. Lunch is usually homemade soup. We typically splurge a little at dinner but have a small portion. My biggest thing is I cut out my glass of wine at dinner when its just the two of us but dinner out or guests over I can have a glass or two.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 1:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you throw some balance my way? I have been eating way too much lately! :(

I made an acorn squash bisque that was delicious, you could probably sub in butternut squash - low calorie too!

http://biz319.wordpress.com/2009/09/07/i-got-mad/

 
At February 8, 2010 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Nicci said...

I love Guac and avocados on burgers!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Kristin Pizzi said...

I keep seeing this carmael oikos everywhere. I got to try it.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 6:16 PM , Blogger erica said...

food looks delish! Love your ring! I have never seen those burgers at TJ's, now i`ll be on the hunt for them!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 11:03 PM , Anonymous Karin said...

Fabulous eats! I wish we had oikos over here.. sigh.. :)

 
At February 9, 2010 at 1:37 AM , Blogger Kelly Loy Gilbert said...

These things look GOOD. Oh man. It's 1:36 am, I just ate half a grapefruit and a handful of Cheez-its to top off all the other snacks I had tonight post-dinner, and I have no right to be hungry again until, like, Thursday, but I am DYING to try that caramel yogurt. mmmmmm.

 
At February 9, 2010 at 1:46 AM , Blogger Ca88andra said...

I guess I balance a pretty strick diet with a nice glass of wine with dinner.

 
At February 9, 2010 at 4:48 AM , Blogger Lori said...

I'm a Libra too and I've never paid much attention to what it means for me, but you are right on with the balance. I try to keep up with exercise and then it all seems to fall into place for me regarding balance. Great workout, by the way!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home