This Page

has been moved to new address

I caught Andy's cold!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: I caught Andy's cold!

This Page

has been moved to new address

I caught Andy's cold!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: I caught Andy's cold!

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

I caught Andy's cold!

Thanks for your support and sweet comments on my Almost Famous Chef entry. You guys are the best!

Yesterday, I subbed a kindergarten/first grade class and then had 6 hours of class. So I just didn't have the time for a normal blog. I have 150 blog posts to read on my google reader! (CRAZY!) I hate Mondays and Wednesdays when I work and have 2 long classes. If it was up to me, I'd get sub jobs Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays only. Working on days with short classes isn't a problem. At this point, I'll take what jobs I can get though.

I started to feel really sick yesterday so I'm pretty sure I caught Andy's cold. My eyes are watery, my nose is stuffed up, I feel light-headed and my head hurts so bad. Blah. I'm going to have to leave the apartment soon to get some cold meds in me. (Andy is still not 100% either.)

001

Breakfast tuesday morning was half a grapefruit with a teeny bit of sugar. Honestly, I like grapefruit without sugar, it's just a bad habit of mine!

002

I should probably have grapefruit this morning too. Vitamin C to the rescue!

003

And I had a pom chobani. This was my 2nd time having it and I really enjoyed it this time. At first I didn't like the texture of the arils on the bottom but this time? Loved it!

004

While enjoying breakfast, I iced my knee with my new friend.

006

Peas cold therapy! My dad is a marathon runner and has always used a bag of actual frozen peas to ice after long runs so I thought imitation peas would be good for me!

008

Later, I had the urge to make cookies. So I brought out the silpat from Andy's mom and tried it out.

009

Oatmeal chocolate chip goodness! My cookies never turn out actually looking like cookies, I am so impressed! Thanks again Josie!

010

After the cookies, I decided to make dinner because I am backwards like that. I made dinner at 5 and left for class at 6. So I didn't have much time. I roasted corn.

011

With 1 tbsp dijonnaise, 1/2 tbsp light olive oil mayo, chili powder, cumin, garlic salt and a dab of butter. Yes, a dab.

012

Slathered it on the corn, wrapped the corn in foil and baked in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes.

013

Ignore my messy kitchen. I put some asiago cheese on the corn afterwards. It was so delicious and spicy! We had some chicken sausage and peppers n onions with it.

014

But the corn was the star of the show. I can't wait until corn is actually in season so I can recreate this again.

Right now, I'm icing my knee and preparing to run my last day of Week 3 for Couch to 5k. My knees are definitely not enjoying the runs but the rest of me does. I am hoping to do 3 miles in 30 minutes by the end of March. But if my knee continues to feel this way, it will probably be more like 35-40 minutes. And that is okay. Slow and steady finishes the race!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

17 Comments:

At February 4, 2010 at 10:18 AM , Blogger Mo Diva said...

i hope you feel better sooN!

i had to get antibiotics for my plague and im starting to feel like my old silly self

 
At February 4, 2010 at 10:21 AM , Blogger AllThingsYummy said...

oh no, I hope you get better soon. your cookies look delicious.

 
At February 4, 2010 at 10:58 AM , Anonymous brandi said...

i hope you feel better soon! My cold is FINALLY most of the way gone. It lasted forever!

 
At February 4, 2010 at 11:33 AM , Blogger Naomi(Onefitfoodie) said...

get in that vitamin C girl! I am just getting ove ra cold and I just had every liquid in SITE!! I kid you not, I was up peeing every 5 minutes!!

 
At February 4, 2010 at 11:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl FEEL BETTER and rest up!!!

 
At February 4, 2010 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Bitty Babushka said...

Get better soon! <>

 
At February 4, 2010 at 12:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you are feeling punk - hope it turns around before it gets worse - you have a crazy schedule, so that probably has something to do with it!

Love the idea of that corn! I always put Tabasco and Parmesan cheese on my corn. Wait, who am I kidding? I put Tabasco on everything!

 
At February 4, 2010 at 1:06 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

Your corn looks so amazing!!

Feel better soon!!

 
At February 4, 2010 at 1:17 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Sorry your sick, friend :(

But that corn looks SO good! I need to make it!

 
At February 4, 2010 at 1:36 PM , Blogger TC said...

I LOVE those silpats...unfortunately my boyfriend did not realize it was reusable and threw mine away. :(

 
At February 4, 2010 at 4:25 PM , Blogger lynn said...

i need to get a silicon mat for baking! are you happy with yours?

hope you feel better soon!

 
At February 4, 2010 at 6:46 PM , Blogger Laura said...

I caught my husbands cold too, but probably not as bad as his man cold though...

 
At February 4, 2010 at 7:04 PM , Blogger Erica said...

Oh no! I hope you feel better- lots of fluids!!! The cookies look like they turned out perfect! Oatmeal chocolate chip are my favorite

 
At February 5, 2010 at 7:41 AM , Blogger Mom on the Run said...

'tis the season for colds. YUCK! Emergen C is a teacher's best friend.


Get better soon :)

 
At February 5, 2010 at 8:04 AM , Blogger Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

You are absolutely right, go at your own pace! That knee icer thing is awesome, I so need to get one of those.

 
At February 5, 2010 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Mari said...

Can I just say how much I enjoy the fact that we are checking up on eachother via tm esp since we are both running a 5k in March and both doing c25k on the same days =). When I was done with my run the first thing I thought was "I have to tm Amanda" lol but then I remembered you are on the west coast and perhaps sleeeeeping lol

 
At February 5, 2010 at 8:59 PM , Blogger Ca88andra said...

I love pink grapefruit and I also have sugar with it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home