This Page

has been moved to new address

Vegan Pride, Hail Seitan!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Vegan Pride, Hail Seitan!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Vegan Pride, Hail Seitan!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Vegan Pride, Hail Seitan!

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Vegan Pride, Hail Seitan!

No, I'm not a vegan. But I had to crack up last night during my Equity & Diversity in School class when I noticed that someone had scrawled, "Vegan Pride, Hail Seitan" into my desk.

001

I bought Andy this Balsamic Onion marmalade from Williams Sonoma as a stocking stuffer. Yesterday, I decided to put it on a turkey sandwich.

002

Magic! Turkey, wheat bread, lettuce, guacamole and tomato was instantly delicious.

003

And some blueberries on the side.

004

I bought this Cran-Raspberry La Croix sparkling water for the first time at Target. I was really excited to try it but decided it wasn't for me. I'd rather just drink water or chemical-filled Diet Coke. Sad but true.

005

Dinner was after class last night. (At 9:45pm!!! Class got out early.) I bought these Morningstar Farms Black Bean burgers and was really excited to try them out.

006

To keep it low-cal, I topped my burger with honey mustard and a laughing cow wedge. 35 calories for creamy cheese? I'm down!

007

I ate my burger with one slice of whole wheat bread cut in half. With one pathetic looking kiwi. The black bean burger was out of this world good. It's a little spicy and flavorful. I think it would go great with avocados, bell peppers and onions in a salad. YUM!

Have you tried any new products lately? What did you think? These Morningstar Farms' Burgers are so quick and easy for my lifestyle right now. And tasty as heck!

PS. I have a giveaway and a challenge in the works!

Labels: , , , ,

22 Comments:

At February 2, 2010 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Rose said...

Totally thought your title was a spoof off the Mountain Goat's song, "Best Ever Death Metal Band in Denton." Listen to it, and you will see why :)

 
At February 2, 2010 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

Morningstar are my favorite! I love the Asian one. I usually eat it with some honey mustard on a deli thin. Sometimes I add veggies, sometimes I just eat them plain. And, you're right. They are totally tasty on top of a salad!

 
At February 2, 2010 at 11:19 AM , Blogger Ca88andra said...

The only new product I've tried lately were salmon and vegetable patties. OK, but... well I guess I prefer homemade. I have such trouble trying to decide what to cook every night!

 
At February 2, 2010 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Mo Diva said...

your title made me crack up! that is hilarious!
That veggie burger looks really good! but im hungry right now.. so yea, everything looks soooo gooood!
hows hubby feeling?

 
At February 2, 2010 at 11:43 AM , Blogger Emily said...

I used that witch-craft spread in some baked brie - it was AMAZING! I love that stuff!

 
At February 2, 2010 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Bitty Babushka said...

Those are my fave Morning Star burgers and I eat them ALL the time. They are really good on a salad!!

 
At February 2, 2010 at 12:33 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

that spread sounds amazing!!

 
At February 2, 2010 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Yelena said...

Hmm...I'm always trying new stuff! My latest obsession is Sabra Chipotle Spicy Hummus!

I also loved the title!

My word verification today is apetoe! lol

 
At February 2, 2010 at 12:45 PM , Blogger Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

That title seriously cracked me up, ha ha!

I used to eat those Morningstar Burgers all the time, the black bean was my favorite. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) they contain dairy so when I went vegan I had to start making my own. But they are definitely good and convenient too!

 
At February 2, 2010 at 1:11 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

I loooooove my laughing cows! I eat them for an afternoon snack several times a week :)

 
At February 2, 2010 at 1:34 PM , Anonymous Lily's Health Pad said...

I adore those Morningstar patties! Oddly enough, I used to eat them with a Laughing Cow spread all of the time!

 
At February 2, 2010 at 3:17 PM , Anonymous Heather @ Side of Sneakers said...

That spread sounds awesome! I love how something simple can change the taste of a whole sandwich :)

 
At February 2, 2010 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Naomi(Onefitfoodie) said...

yummmm thsi made me want some kiwis so baddd! I cant wait for summer time!!

the veggie burger looks awesome!

 
At February 2, 2010 at 6:02 PM , Anonymous ashleigh said...

Thanks for the review of those veggie burgers! the last few I have tried I haven't really liked so I have been staying away from them. I loooove black bean burgers though! i eat laughing cow every day! they taste great on every single thing.

 
At February 2, 2010 at 6:51 PM , Blogger Mom on the Run said...

I do love those Morningstar Burgers. I am actually enjoying many new products. It seems like every time I go to Whole Foods I come home with something new!

 
At February 2, 2010 at 7:00 PM , Blogger AllThingsYummy said...

Yum, I love laughing cow cheese.
I recently tried some new tea calle NOW relaxing tea. It's really yummy.

 
At February 2, 2010 at 7:09 PM , Anonymous Rachel (Hounds in the Kitchen) said...

I'm not one for most meat-less substitutes but I do like the black bean burgers. I eat them by sans bread sometimes to save the calories.

 
At February 2, 2010 at 7:10 PM , Blogger lynn said...

i'm in love with kaia foods' buckwheat hemp granola. and sunshine burgers.

 
At February 2, 2010 at 7:51 PM , Blogger Pam said...

The onion marmalade sounds amazing!

 
At February 2, 2010 at 8:17 PM , Blogger seussgirl said...

I'm loving Jennio-O's seasoned turkey burgers right now. We're on a high-protein, low carb phase of our diet, and they're a great (cheap!) source of protein!

 
At February 3, 2010 at 5:27 PM , Blogger Nicci said...

Onion Marmalade on a sandwich sounds great.

 
At February 3, 2010 at 6:04 PM , Blogger Mari said...

That first sammie sounds so good!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home