This Page

has been moved to new address

Yes, I really do cook.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Yes, I really do cook.

This Page

has been moved to new address

Yes, I really do cook.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Yes, I really do cook.

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Yes, I really do cook.

I'm in a mood. I really wish I wasn't. Yesterday, I did some errands with my mom and did some Christmas shopping. It was fun and relaxing and I finally finished my Christmas shopping for Andy! But for some reason, I am in a funk today.

I wish I could explain more but unfortunately someone is reading my food blog and I do not want that person knowing what's up quite yet. Vague enough for you?

001

Ok, here are the eats I've created over the last 2 weeks. Green bean casserole. With fresh green beans, ricotta cheese, summer squash and homemade mushroom gravy. It was time-consuming but so worth it. I did include the traditional french-fried onions. They were good!

002

Turkey burger on whole wheat bread. Boring picture, awesome turkey burger.

003

Kerrygold cheddar really made these turkey burgers. This cheese is so sharp and creamy. YUM!

005

Fontina, tomato and asparagus frittatas. I've made this frittata before

006

Peanut butter, banana and flax toast!

007

It was a good recovery meal after an intense workout.

008

Gingerbread latte and starbucks oatmeal. This oatmeal is ok...a little watery for my taste though.

009

The best butter on the planet.

011

With herb-crusted pork loin and mashed potatoes. (The butter is in the mashed potatoes. I used 1 tbsp and made 4 servings.)

012

My mock Thanksgiving day meal. Cranberry-apple sauce, roasted butternut squash with brown sugar, turkey cutlets and a hawaiian roll.

013

For the butternut squash, I sliced up half a squash into cube shapes and coated them in 1 tsp olive oil, 2 tsp honey and 1 tbsp brown sugar. Tossed to coat and roasted in the oven at 400* for 25 minutes.

014

For the cranberry-apple sauce, I boiled 1 cup water and 1/2 white sugar. Then added 2 sliced honey crisp apples and 1 bag cranberries. Continue to boil until cranberries pop and release their natural pectin. This sauce WAS SO GOOD! I liked the sauce more than anything else.

So I've got to ask, do you have any cyber stalkers or unwanted guests reading your blog? How do you deal with it? I've decided to let them read and enjoy...maybe they really like cooking?

Also...have you ever heard of Butternut squash (Cucurbita moschata) dermatitis? It's a contact dermatitis from cutting up butternut squash? I noticed in last night when my hands got all dry, yellow and waxy feeling. It's gone now luckily but how weird is that? I googled, "hands feel weird after cutting butternut squash," and found tons of blog posts about it. WEIRD!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

20 Comments:

At December 10, 2009 at 10:55 AM , Anonymous Christie @ Honoring Health said...

If someone is bothering you, you can probably have their IP address blocked. I know you can do that with wordpress but I am not sure about with blogger.

 
At December 10, 2009 at 10:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Google can find anything! Yikes, I don't think anyone reads my blog that I'm uncomfortable with. That would be an interesting situation to be in. Good for you for taking the high road.

 
At December 10, 2009 at 11:04 AM , Blogger Janetha @ meals + moves said...

amanda you make me smile lots! i wish we had hung out in san fran more and i wish i had read your blog before san fran. i just caught up on all your recaps~yeah, i am a slack ass at blog reading lately but slowly & surely i will get there. that tea house was incredibly beautiful and the food at the brewery looked so damn good! sorry about you best friend thing. i can relate~i lost a best friend as well and it is ridiculous. what gives? anyway~looks like the whole vacay was perfect. i know you will hit your weight loss goal by the 5th! you have such determination~i admire that in you! anyway, hope you are having a great day! xoxo

 
At December 10, 2009 at 11:05 AM , Blogger Janetha @ meals + moves said...

OH and p.s. some people from my high shcool days found out about my blog and they ALL lurk on it~it kind of bothers me because they just creep on my blog to see what i am doing yet don't ever comment/talk to me.. they are definite lurkers!

 
At December 10, 2009 at 11:16 AM , Blogger lynn said...

oh that's freaky about the butternut dermititis! who knew?!

 
At December 10, 2009 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Mari said...

Ha my comment was going to be "Oh what is the recipe for the Cranberry Applesauce?" but then I kept reading and there it was! that sounds soooo good...I am printing that out =)

 
At December 10, 2009 at 11:26 AM , Blogger Mari said...

Oh and I hope your mood gets better =)

 
At December 10, 2009 at 11:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate when I'm in a funk. It throws my entire day off.

 
At December 10, 2009 at 12:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, that cheese!!! I am going to have to find it.

It's weird, I had a meet up with some food bloggers - one in particular who is a bit overweight and doesn't hide the fact that she's trying to lose weight, she has a whole page about it.

In any event, she says she gets comments all the time telling her what a fat ass she is, and if she wanted to lose weight, she shouldn't eat what she posts!

Sorry I can't help! :D

 
At December 10, 2009 at 1:08 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

You're right, that butter IS the best butter ever!! :)

 
At December 10, 2009 at 1:20 PM , Blogger Yelena said...

I don't know if anyone uber-creepy reads my blog, but all of my family reads it, so I can't be all inappropriate like I tend to be on it!

Sorry you were in a funk- I was like that all week until I woke up today and it went away!

 
At December 10, 2009 at 2:07 PM , Blogger Gina; The Candid RD said...

You've left me craving a Thanksgiving meal!!

Sorry you're in a funk...I have those days sometimes, fresh air helps a lot. But it sounds like it's someone, so I hope you work it out with them...

 
At December 10, 2009 at 4:21 PM , Blogger AllThingsYummy said...

oh yum, I love gingerbread lattes, I'd have to say the peppermint mocha is my favorite. I had a decaf one at Peets the other day.
I hope you feel better soon.

 
At December 10, 2009 at 6:02 PM , Anonymous ashleigh said...

those look like some great eats! i want to make the frittata- sounds delicious. i don't have many blog followers but i am sure there are some people that i don't want reading it. anyways, i hope this person isn't bothering you and that you still continue to share whats going on in your life with us!

 
At December 10, 2009 at 6:16 PM , Blogger Erica said...

Heck yes you do cook! How many good looking meals are there in this post? I want some green bean casserole, the cranberry-apple sauce,and butternut squash. Ok? ;) Hope this person whose being an issues...goes away!

 
At December 10, 2009 at 7:48 PM , Blogger Andy said...

i am such a lucky man.

that cranberry sauce was 100% amazing.

 
At December 11, 2009 at 3:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That casserole might have been labour intensive but it looks super good. So does the frittata! I love anything with eggs in it :-)

If your cyber stalkers know they are annoying you, reading what you said in that last post might get the message across! Hopefully it will!

 
At December 11, 2009 at 6:27 AM , Anonymous brandi said...

yum, that casserole sounds awesome!

and yay for that butter :)

I was wondering about that weirdness on my hands after cutting butternut squash. It's happened to me before and is so strange!

 
At December 11, 2009 at 7:37 AM , Anonymous Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

I get that right away with b-nuts and I hate it! It leaves my hands sticky yuck and the b-nut feels all slippery as I cut it.

Love the eats girl, they look amazing! Mushroom cream sauce does take time but you're right, totally worth it.

 
At December 11, 2009 at 1:47 PM , Blogger seussgirl said...

Mmm, gingerbread latte is my favorite! I just cashed in my coins at a Coinstar for some starbucks cash so I can get some before they're gone. :)
And to answer your music post...I remember my "breakup song" in high school was "Insensitive" from Bed of Roses. As for songs that make me happy....there's a bluegrass version of "I Saw the Light" by the David Crowder Band on Youtube - I can't help but feel happier after hearing it. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home