This Page

has been moved to new address

Oregon Recap #2

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Oregon Recap #2

This Page

has been moved to new address

Oregon Recap #2

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Oregon Recap #2

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Oregon Recap #2

034

Where was I? My aunt Carolyn put out tons of yummu snacks for us to munch on. Including the best sesame cashews I've ever tasted!

035

And sweet pickles.

036

And of course Benny Ben enjoyed. Poor guy is teething!

037

After snacking, we bundled up in our winter clothes and set out on the Family Walk. This is a tradition my grandmother on my dad's side started. You take a walk before you chow down!

(Helena is such a good aunt to little Ben!)

038

Here's Ben with his mommy.

039

We fed some lovely geese. Ok. I actually HATE geese. My dad took me to the park once to run with him and a goose chased me down the entire way. Since then I have decided that I am not down with geese. Not down at all.

040

I tried not to throw frozen buns at their faces.

041

Emily, and cousins Paige, Sam and Patrick.

042

My hairy wildebeast of a husband tried to eat the duck food.

043

Ben was not amused.

045

In fact I think we pissed him off quite a bit. We just wanted to compare his size to a 30lb turkey.

046

Dixie tried to cuddle with Andy. (Andy is not a fan of dogs or cats. He's weird.)

052

Meanwhile food was being set out. Yummy apples with cranberries.

053

Sweet hawaiian rolls.

054

Asparagus.

060

And a 43lb turkey of course.

064

065

Oregon has tons of beer. Reason # 34567 to move to Oregon.

067

We actually visited Deschutes Brewery with my Aunt Margie, Uncle Kevin and cousin Wally. I will post soon!

As for the November Challenge we did alright. I decided to "not count" several things because I was worried about how they'd affect the challenge. Looking at my tracking on Mint, I see that we spent $104 in groceries and $65 in restaurants and $11.75 in Starbucks. $180.75 (including the things I opted to "not count.") I can't be too upset with us. I'm actually quite proud. In October we spent...$255 in Restaurants. $56 in coffee shops and $253 in groceries. $564 in October and here I was thinking we did great. If nothing else, the challenge taught me to look at things differently. To realize that it's worth it to clip coupons, to make bigger portions and actually save the leftovers for later, to not buy frozen yogurt daily, to invite friends over for dinner instead of going out and to always appreciate what we have. From now on, I will be mindful of what I am spending my money on.

That said, I totally spend $50.01 on groceries immediately after the challenge ended. I missed buying tons of fresh veggies!

NOT BAD! I actually have money at the end of this month. I'm going to dream up a new challenge now. Did you participate in the November challenge? How did you do?

Labels: , , , , ,

16 Comments:

At December 1, 2009 at 8:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, about the geese! And that dog is so cute, perhaps she was trying to "convert" Andy, ha ha. You guys did great at that challenge, that is quite a difference!

I did not participate but I am interested to see where our money goes so I might get on that mint site I keep hearing so much about!

 
At December 1, 2009 at 8:52 AM , Blogger Rose said...

I totally want that giant plate of pickles and olives RIGHT NOW.

Also - I love your hair!

 
At December 1, 2009 at 9:06 AM , Blogger Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

@Sarah- Andy definitely needs to be converted into a dog lover. And try Mint out. I love it!

@Rose- Wow! That's quite a compliment. Thanks! :)

 
At December 1, 2009 at 10:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oregon beer is amazing, isn't it?
wasn't much of a beer drinker till i moved to portland. beervana.

 
At December 1, 2009 at 10:27 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

looks like a great trip!

 
At December 1, 2009 at 11:36 AM , Blogger The Linz said...

I was afraid to participate in the challenge because I didn't want to fail. But now I am thinking it would have forced me to spend differently and look at things a little differently. If you come up with a spending challenge I will definitely participate. I think it would do me some good!

 
At December 1, 2009 at 11:50 AM , Blogger Abby (Nibble, Nourish, Run) said...

I HATE geese too! A terribly traumatic childhood experience made me freaked for life...yuck! Looks like you had a lovely trip (and delicious food)!!!

 
At December 1, 2009 at 12:41 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

We went to Oregon for our honeymoon and LOVED all the beer! Definitely a good reason to move there :)

 
At December 1, 2009 at 4:00 PM , Blogger Janetha @ meals + moves said...

i love dixie. and feeding the ducks! and that your family also has sweet pickles and olives for tgiving. me too. the apples w/ cranberries look stellar! good job on the challenge!

 
At December 1, 2009 at 5:43 PM , Blogger Erica said...

oh my gosh- could Ben BE any cuter? What a spread at your aunts. Love all of the veggies.

 
At December 1, 2009 at 7:17 PM , Blogger Mari said...

It looks like you had a fabulous time =) haha at least I am not the only one with a fear of birds =)

 
At December 1, 2009 at 8:36 PM , Anonymous emily said...

I just did my recap too! Mint sounds like a good idea, I think I need to check it out.

 
At December 2, 2009 at 5:16 AM , Anonymous Whitney @ Lettuce Love said...

Ben's hair?!? Cute :)

 
At December 2, 2009 at 5:18 AM , Blogger Lori said...

What a spread! You know, even with all that food, the whole relish tray with sweet pickles is one of my favorites for family parties. And I completely agree with that valid reason to move to Oregon - awesome beer!

Get Andy a pug. They'll turn anyone into a dog lover over time. ;)

 
At December 2, 2009 at 8:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a good trip! You definitely had some good eats and drinks.

 
At December 2, 2009 at 11:27 AM , Blogger seussgirl said...

Looks like a fun trip!
I'm not a dog person either, and they always seem to find that a challenge - to make me like them!

Good job at the challenge; I just did the math and realize we spend over $50 a month just on milk! I don't think $100 would get us very far. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home