This Page

has been moved to new address

Deschutes Brewery in Bend, Oregon

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Deschutes Brewery in Bend, Oregon

This Page

has been moved to new address

Deschutes Brewery in Bend, Oregon

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Deschutes Brewery in Bend, Oregon

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Deschutes Brewery in Bend, Oregon

070

After our lovely tea at Townshend's, my family walked over to Deschutes Brewery for some lunch and brews.

071

My sisters Sarah and Emily with my aunt Margie and my cousin Wally. Wally is such a sweet kid. I can't believe how big he's getting. (I'm noticing myself saying that a lot regarding my cousins. I think that means I'm getting old.)

085

Being the insane glutton that I am while on vacation, I suggested we split an order of Garlic Blue Cheese Fries. These were delicious. And not overly blue cheesy which Andy liked. Andy is NOT a fan of stinky cheeses.

086

I cannot understand this picture for the life of me, so here is Emily looking slightly demonic with my beer. Don't worry she didn't drink any! Emily is 18 years old. Emily has never tasted alcohol in her life, right Em? (Please keep fooling me that you are sweet and innocent...) Also that man in the background looks thrilled to be included in my Oregonian recap. Hi sir!

embaby

Aw, I feel better now. (Can you tell I am struggling with this "aging" thing? I think I'm struggling more with my sisters, brother and cousins aging than with myself aging!)

087

Speaking of which. Here I am with my bearded husband. We are old.

088

Insert beer into the picture and we look youthful and joyous instantly. Funny how that happens.

089

For my entree, I ordered french onion soup with a portobello mushroom sandwich. The sandwich had a plethora of creamy goat cheese. I tend to think goat cheese is way too tangy and this sort of was. The grilled onions were pretty good though! And that soup...french onion is my favorite! I love the melty cheese and the hunks of toasty bread.

090

Andy ordered an elk burger with sweet potato fries. I just asked him, "how was it?" and he said. "Delicious and amazing." The man is short and to the point. If wild boar, elk or bison is on a menu, Andy will order it. Man loves his meat. I am not so adventurous. I did snag a sweet potato fry from him, however.

091

Emily ordered spicy mac and cheese. I stole tons of bites and grew jealous. Spicy mac and cheese FTW.

092

My lovely sister Sarah sent a slice of her pizza over. Pizza is rarely bad. This was good! (I prefer thick Chicago-style crust so no raving over this pizza for me.)

093

My eight year old brother, Daniel insisted that I take a picture of his meal. Mini corn dogs and tortilla chips. The boy has a palate that would shame the hell out of Julia Chila. Sigh. One day he'll learn.

095

And after our delicious meal of food and plenty of sharing (Don't worry I didn't finish mine!) we headed over to Powell's Sweet Shoppe. Andy and I purchased some candy for later. It's still in our candy bowl surprisingly!

Stay tuned for a Santa Sighting, Turkey Durango and more road trip wonders.

P.S. I ran 2 miles today without any knee pain. Running for 3 minutes and walking for 3 minutes really works for me!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

15 Comments:

At December 6, 2009 at 12:21 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

Andy's meal looks quite delicious! As do all the others, but I think that would have to be my choice if I were ordering one of them. And the reflection of him in the last picture is cracking me up! ;)

WAY to go on the 2 mile run with no knee pain!! :) Just make sure you're stretching (you probably already are)!! Just always gotta say that to my friends with knee pain since I really think that is the reason for many people who have pain when running.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

 
At December 6, 2009 at 12:54 PM , Blogger Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

Actually I always forget to stretch! I think that's my problem!

 
At December 6, 2009 at 2:20 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

all of the eats look amazing, but what I'm really drawn to is your JACKET! I am obsessed with plaid. I want I want!

yay for no knee pain! great job, girlie :)

 
At December 6, 2009 at 2:24 PM , Blogger lynn said...

dang that mac and cheese looks really good - and nicely balanced with that huge salad.

 
At December 6, 2009 at 3:57 PM , Blogger Dawn Dishes It Out said...

Good job on the running!! It's great visiting family, isn't it?!? Great pics!

 
At December 6, 2009 at 5:57 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Everything you ate looks amazing!! Those blue cheese garlic fries have me drooling!

 
At December 6, 2009 at 5:59 PM , Anonymous kalin (eating machine) said...

i love deschutes! the bend one is wayyy better than the portland one (pdx one is in the pearl, which means its crowded. i don't do well with an hour wait in a pub)

 
At December 6, 2009 at 9:00 PM , Blogger AllThingsYummy said...

Congrats on running with no pain.
French onion soup looks amazing...my favorite too.
I'll check out Teavana next time I'm at the mall. Thanks for sharing.

 
At December 7, 2009 at 5:53 AM , Blogger Mom on the Run said...

My husband is the same way. If it is a rare meat find he will eat it.

That food looks amazing. I love places that have such variety.

 
At December 7, 2009 at 2:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heart goat cheese! Probably my favorite cheese of all - well, past pepper jack!

Hooray for the run/walk! It's not the time but the distance that will make a difference in the end. :D

 
At December 7, 2009 at 4:09 PM , Blogger Erica said...

I LOVE breweries and this one looks fantastic. The onion soup looks delicious. I'm on the search for a good vegetarian version. Have a nice night :)

 
At December 7, 2009 at 4:44 PM , Blogger Naomi(Onefitfoodie) said...

umm whoa those fries are crazy!

nice job on the 2 mile run, girl!!! thats so great.

Dynamic stretching before your run also does wonders...let me know if you want more info on that!

 
At December 7, 2009 at 5:27 PM , Blogger katie said...

OMG those fries look amazing!

Music
Food
Fitness
Giveaways
http://katiechangesforkatie.blogspot.com/

 
At December 8, 2009 at 5:28 AM , Anonymous Diana said...

omg, the soup, the sweet potato fries, that mac and cheese! it all looks so good! *swoon* yum!

 
At December 8, 2009 at 11:09 AM , Blogger Tina said...

Hey, there!

I couldn't find your email address, so I hope a comment is an okay way to reach you!

No pressure, but would you want to do a post about NuVal on your blog?

As you probably know from reading my blog, my new gig at NuVal involves social media and community outreach, which means connecting with people who shop at stores where NuVal scores appear on their shelves. Have you seen the scores, by any chance?

If you would like to spread the word about NuVal, please let me know! I would love to have you write a post about NuVal-- perhaps about your shopping experience, favorite products, the score themselves, etc. I'm pretty much open to any idea you might have!

Please let me know what you think. I would love to work together! Again, no pressure-- just throwing it out there!

Hope all is well!

Best,
Tina

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home