This Page

has been moved to new address

On the road again

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: On the road again

This Page

has been moved to new address

On the road again

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: On the road again

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Friday, November 20, 2009

On the road again

"Just can't wait to get on the road again..." Tonight Andy and I are driving to see his parents out in San Diego. We live in Ventura County so we are about 2.5 hours away. Of course I am seeing New Moon with some of my favorite girls so we aren't going to leave for San Diego until about 11 or 12 pm! CRAZY!!! It'll be totally worth it to see Andy's parents. I love spending time with them. I have to say I am very thankful for my in-laws.

My parents on the other hand...well they have 5 children. They have an excuse to be a little crazy. Obviously I like them! Andy and I are road tripping with my fam to Bend, Oregon for Thanksgiving! This is something I never would have been able to do in the past. So I seized the opportunity to see my family and coerced my dad into taking the family to Oregon. (I have 3 aunts and a handful of cousins and a shiny new 2nd cousin who all live there.) I am so thrilled!!! Family has always been so important to me and I really miss when all of my relatives lived closer. My wedding was perfect because almost all of aunts and uncles came. It's a little scary seeing them all grown up with kids now! So we are driving for 14 hours to see them. SCARY!

On that note, HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY BENJAMIN RILEY!!! See you soon! (I have baby fever. I might try to hold Ben waaaay too much.)

Yesterday I was going to try to do Vegan 4 A Day and completely forgot. This proves that I can never be a vegan. Instead I went out to breakfast with my friend Sam from See Sami Eat.

001

Started out with a delicious crepe.

002

Huevos rancheros. I am officially obsessed.

003

There was avocado hidden under there.

004

Delicious flavored coffee.

And good conversation. Sam and I met when she was a customer at my old work. Later we worked at the same place. Now we're good friends. We have tons in common so it's easy to talk. We are going on a run today...needless to say I am a little freaked. I haven't run since I majorily messed up my knee. My knee feels great now so I think I'll be okay...still nervous!

005

The folks over at Al Dente Pasta were kind enough to send me some samples of their pasta. I was intrigued by the colors, the flavors and the quick cooking (boil water and leave pasta in for 3! minutes) method. I had some veggies on hand and knew I had to try this out!

007

I tossed in everything that was in the fridge. Chicken apple sausages, roasted eggplant, roasted tomato, pesto, asiago cheese, roasted zucchini and feta cheese. It was so quick and easy to make! Love this pasta. The noodles come out perfect in just 3 minutes like they said!

008

Alright I'm off to read some emails, take a big test (!!!), run with Sam and drink loads of coffee. Catch ya'll later.

Labels: , , , , , ,

15 Comments:

At November 20, 2009 at 8:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL at what happened to Vegan 4 a day! I hope you have a great run.

Enjoy the weekend ;-)

 
At November 20, 2009 at 9:31 AM , Blogger Mari said...

Have a great time on the road!!!! Ohh and enjoy the movie =)

 
At November 20, 2009 at 9:54 AM , Blogger Missy said...

Your eggs look delicious! So does your pasta dish yum! Have fun on the road!

 
At November 20, 2009 at 11:34 AM , Anonymous Meg said...

I am thankful for my in-laws as well - in fact they're visiting this weekend!
Have a great road trip! If you need any car game suggestions, I'm your gal :)

 
At November 20, 2009 at 11:57 AM , Blogger Dawn Dishes It Out said...

I too have wonderful in-laws. I feel totally blessed.

Have a safe trip!! & lots of fun.

 
At November 20, 2009 at 12:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

and you're seeing me in SD too!! Pish!

 
At November 20, 2009 at 3:18 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

Awww, I have baby fever too! :)

I could never be vegan either - never!! But I would like to try it out just for a day to experience what it would be like.

That pasta dish looks so scrumptious!!

Happy Weekend!! :)

 
At November 20, 2009 at 3:25 PM , Blogger AllThingsYummy said...

I'm so excited to see New Moon at Muvico this weekend. Have a great road trip.

 
At November 20, 2009 at 6:09 PM , Blogger lynn said...

have fun in san diego! 2 of my fave restaurants, mama testa's tacos and big kitchen, are there.

 
At November 20, 2009 at 6:21 PM , Blogger Lori said...

How great that you have such a good relationship with your in-laws.

I honestly don't think I have ever had a proper Huevos rancheros. That looks so good!

I hope you all have a very happy Thanksgiving! Safe and fun travels!!

 
At November 21, 2009 at 9:58 AM , Anonymous MelissaNibbles said...

Have a safe trip!

The eggs look great. Yum!

 
At November 21, 2009 at 1:42 PM , Blogger Mom on the Run said...

I am thankful that I have a great mother in law. She is extremely wonderful to me.

Have a safe trip :)

 
At November 21, 2009 at 4:06 PM , Blogger Janetha @ meals + moves said...

mmmmm i LOVE huevos!! so good. have a safe and fun trip you two!!

 
At November 21, 2009 at 10:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

have fun in bend!
if you have time, deschutes is based there and has a fun brewpub! (with some good beer!) and i think they do brewery tours too

 
At November 25, 2009 at 6:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Huevos Ranchos looks sooooo good - I've never tried it before...but looks like tostitos/taco - anything with cheese and salsa is up my ally ;). Great blog!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home