This Page

has been moved to new address

Taking a serious look at my life

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Taking a serious look at my life

This Page

has been moved to new address

Taking a serious look at my life

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Taking a serious look at my life

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Taking a serious look at my life

I lost a pound this week. Not terrible but not exactly what I wanted. That means I have three weeks to lose seven pounds. It can be done...but the holidays are RIGHT around the corner. How am I going to tackle this?

My plans are to track what I eat down to every bite, lick and taste. I am going to run today immediately after I hit publish on this post for about 45 minutes. After my run, I'll try some of the weight machines at our apartment gym out. Question: Do you weight train before or after cardio?

As for the eats, I could always do better!

015

The people over at Vitalicious sent me and Andy some vitamuffins and brownies to sample. (For free, I was not paid to write about their product.)

016

As soon as the box arrived on my doorstep, I froze the muffins and brownies. When I was ready to eat one, I plopped it in the mircowave for 30 seconds.

017

Then I topped it with light whipped cream, vanilla ice cream (I actually measured out a proper serving size of 1/2 cup) and some caramel. Including the muffin, this dessert ended up at about 300 calories. I think next time, I'll put only half a muffin with my dessert. I was super full afterwards.

012

I also received these noodles from the folks at Al Dente Pasta. While Andy cooked the turkey italian sausage, I started boiling the water for the noodles. Once the water is boiling, you throw in the noodles for a mere 4 minutes. Our noodles weren't done until about 6 minutes.

013

Look, there's no way to make a sausage look attractive. (TWSS!) But I digress, I served up the pasta with some tomato sauce, a turkey italian sausage for protein and some roasted asparagus. The flavor of the pasta was great. I love whole wheat pasta but this didn't even taste like whole wheat. My only gripe about these noodles is that they stick together easily. (Maybe operator error?) Anyway the stats for this meal aren't terrible...about 400 total with tons of fiber from the pasta and the sauce.

I am going to a Weight Watcher's meeting tomorrow so I'll post my weigh in stats from that and let you know how it goes. I think it will be good for me to sit through a meeting right before the holidays start. I'm hoping that increasing my workouts and decreasing my caloric intake works for me. Otherwise I'll be one disappointed girl come January 5th.

So tell me, any tips for me? Remember I'm trying to lose the healthy way. No cabbage soup diet, slim fast or mystery maple syrup drinks for me. Less ice cream might help though!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

21 Comments:

At December 15, 2009 at 9:54 AM , Blogger RunEatRepeat said...

One pound is great! Good job :)

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:21 AM , Anonymous Dawn (HealthySDLiving) said...

Great job on losing the pound, that's wonderful!
Ugh aren't those vita muffins incredible? I love them for a quick snack or dessert!
Hmm when I'm trying to lose weight I make sure that I have a lot of healthy snacks to snack on when I get the munchies. I roast veggies like cauliflower, broccoli and brussels sprouts and keep them in tupperware for those times. If I already ate and I know I'm just looking to snack out of boredom I'll make myself a cup of tea and it usually keeps my mind away from junk food!
I also like to use healthy alternatives like spaghetti squash, cauliflower as rice and potatoes, etc.

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:22 AM , Blogger AllThingsYummy said...

One pound is better than no pounds. Congrats.
I always weight train before cardio or I do the Jillian workouts which combines them.
Snacking is my major downfall when it comes to dieting. Usually around the 10am and 3pm hour...so I've been trying to drink lots and lots of decaf tea and water instead. Seems to be helping. Not sure if that helps you, but thought I'd suggest it.
Good Luck.

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:23 AM , Blogger Redkathy said...

No tips but lots of encouragement for you! My DH is dieting too. One pound this time maybe three next, you are headed in the right direction, just keep it going, you will get there!!

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:27 AM , Anonymous janetha said...

lady! you gotta be proud about that one pound! during a time when most people are gaining weight, you are losing it! pat yourself on the back for that one.

i dont weight train and do cardio on the same day. this is for a few reasons.

for one, i like to do cardio in a fasted state and also wait for one hour after cardio for added fat loss. also~if you want to try burning more fat with cardio the way to go is high intensity intervals.. i lost 10% of body fat this way! it works!

and for two, when i strength train i try to get some protein and carbs into my system no more than 30 min after training. so this doesnt work with cardio AND weights together since the post workout eating is opposite of each other.

i know you are trying to lose 7 lbs in 3 weeks but just don't get caught up in the numbers and let it get you down if you don't lose all 7 lbs. in 5 years when you look back at the holidays of 2009 you don't want to be like "oh yeah that is when i was busting my ass to lose 7 lbs" ya know? just keep doing what you have been~obviously it is working since you did lose 1 lb. this week. and if you dont hit your goal weight in 3 weeks.. don't worry, you will hit it soon after! the best part about losing weight slowly is that it is legit weight loss and the pounds are more likely to stay off.

once upon a time i lost 25 lbs in a very short amount of time. but i was busting my ass and not eating ANY ice cream (the horror) and working out hard 6 days a week. and declining invites to dinners, passing on every dessert that was offered. boring.

now i am trying to lose weight again~i probably have about 10-15 lbs left to lose. but i am just doing it slow now.. enjoying the dinners out with friends and the homemade strawberry shortcake at my mom's because i realized that those things make me happy. not like im indulging daily~but i am not swearing it off in the name of weight loss. and sure, i am still losing.. just not at the rapid pace as i once did.

you will get there girl! keep on keepin on!!

p.s. sorry that was so long!!

xoxo

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Emily said...

I agree - 1 pound is still awesome, even if it is not as high as you would have liked to see. Your dinner looks really good to, sausage and all!

 
At December 15, 2009 at 11:45 AM , Blogger Yelena said...

I think losing one pound during the holiday season is outstanding! I agree with the more eloquent posters above who say that you are doing a great job!

A silly tip I have is to eat an apple or other fiber-filled fruit or veggie first when eating. It fills me up and helps me eat less. This doesn't mean I do it all the time, but it helps!

Also, make sure to include desserts in your day. A little bit of the real thing does wonders for the mindset!

 
At December 15, 2009 at 12:04 PM , Blogger Mari said...

I think one pound in a week is great!

Chickie, I tried to join in on the 10 pounds by the 1st but it is slowly coming off so I am pretty sure I wont hit the 10 pound mark unless I starve myself but that is a no-no because it will creep right back on....

Be proud of your 1 lb hun...and I totally agree with Janetha "lady! you gotta be proud about that one pound! during a time when most people are gaining weight, you are losing it! pat yourself on the back for that one."

 
At December 15, 2009 at 12:37 PM , Blogger katie said...

Life without Vitatops would be very sad!

New SAHALE SNACKS giveaway, music, food + fitness - http://katiechangesforkatie.blogspot.com/

Happy TUESDAY!

Katie

 
At December 15, 2009 at 1:22 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

1 pound is fantastic!! Just remember, most people are gaining weight (myself included) and you just lost a pound - that is something to be very proud of!!

I love vitatops - especially the chocolate ones!! :)

 
At December 15, 2009 at 2:25 PM , Blogger lynn @ the actors diet said...

1 pound is great! i haven't been trying to lose weight, but in the last 6 months the 30 pounds i put on after overcoming my disordered eating have been coming off slowly. it all adds up eventually!

i always do my weight training AFTER. just b/c i hate cardio and need to pound it out right away.

 
At December 15, 2009 at 4:16 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

girl, progress is progress. Be proud of yourself!

 
At December 15, 2009 at 5:03 PM , Blogger The Duo Dishes said...

Just imagine...1 pound a week for a year is 52 pounds! That's a huge feat and one that will last. G'luck!

 
At December 15, 2009 at 6:02 PM , Anonymous monicaonthego.com said...

I love vitamuffins, but I think they are overpriced. Nice job on the weight loss. Whenever I need to lose weight, I only eats carbs at one meal. Well I mean bready carbs, not talking about fruits and veggies. So, if I have oatmeal for breakfast, I won't eat any other full on carbs for the day. It always works for me and I will be doing it as soon as I get through a half mary I am doing in Jan.

 
At December 15, 2009 at 6:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, a pound? That is good. The more you lose, the slower the progress is. Thats just the way healthy losing is. Be patient, I think you're doing great, and the stuff you eat is nutritious, well-balanced, with just the right amount of indulgence!

But I say keep what you're eating, but maybe you can move around more? Take advantage of the good weather! :-)

 
At December 15, 2009 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Mom on the Run said...

I would make sure to keep hydrated and keep up the cardio.

I would be celebrating a pound right about now..LOL! Great job :)

 
At December 16, 2009 at 4:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trying to lose weight during the holidays can be so stressful, it's usually best to just try and maintain. But it can be done!

I try not to do weights and cardio on the same day because it just wears me out, I don't like working out longer than an hour. If you do circuit training it gives your heart a workout while you are lifting weights too.

One thing you could try is splitting your cardio in half and doing some to warm up, then do your weights, then finish up with cardio.

Try to stay positive -- whatever the circumstances, this will be your best tool in reaching your goals. Not the numbers, not the exercise, but your attitude. Good luck :)

 
At December 16, 2009 at 4:56 AM , Blogger Dawn Dishes It Out said...

G'morning Amanda! Weight loss is totally frustrating. However, try to keep in mind a pound lost is better than a pound gained. Also, proper weight loss comes slowly without deprivation to your body. I don't want to preach to you ... just support you in your journey. Lots of luck & keep up the great work!!

 
At December 16, 2009 at 11:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for the 1 lb loss-that's fantastic! At least the scale is going in the right way :)

 
At December 16, 2009 at 6:30 PM , Anonymous ashleigh said...

one pound is great!! losing 7 pounds is very hefty goal and even if you dont make it you will still be starting off the new year lighter- wahoo!!

my advice would be to make sure you are drinking enough water, eating enough fruits + veggies and add 5-10 minutes of cardio to your workouts for the rest of the month- if you work out 4 times a week that's an extra 20-40 minutes of calorie burn! good luck :)

 
At December 16, 2009 at 7:41 PM , Blogger Nicole, RD said...

You can do it! Woooo!

<3 VitaTops!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home