This Page

has been moved to new address

Great Birthday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Great Birthday

This Page

has been moved to new address

Great Birthday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Great Birthday

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Great Birthday

Thanks for all of your birthday wishes and sweet comments about my apprehension to turning 26. I had a phenomenal day. Ten times better than I ever would have imagined.

I started the morning off with some observations at a middle school that I love. I am falling in love with the idea of teaching 6th-7th grade. The kids are so sweet and polite. The 7th grade honors class was working on a book project. The book? Written by Bell Hooks. I'm surprised at how much they said they enjoyed the book.

After observations, I stopped by Gelson's for some birthday treats. I always buy myself something on my birthday. It's a weird habit of mine.

011

Scharffen Berger Mocha bar? This was so rich and chocolatey. I had half and gave the rest to my sweet husband. I'm a good wife.

012

And a huge salad from their heavenly salad bar. I had edamame, chickpeas, red onion, green onion, blue cheese, cheddar cheese, turkey, green bell pepper, corn and garlic croutons. With some cilantro-pepita dressing. MMM.

013

I swear I heard angels singing.

014

And look what I found! I was hunting for White Chocolate Wonderful but this will do. Yes it will. I am already thinking up concoctions for this. Chocolate pb banana shakes?

015

After the observations and my trip to Gelson's, I went to work. One of my co-workers made red velvet cupcakes! How sweet!

025

My co-workers got me flowers too! So pretty!

026

And my friend Sam brought me an Elvis balloon that sings when tapped. Hilarity ensued!

027

And do you spy the Harry Potter balloon?(also from Sam) I am a huge fan. My sisters came to visit me at work and brought me the cupcake balloons. And a Starbucks giftcard. My friends and family know me so well.

028

And being the sweet husband that he is, my husband had flowers for me when I got home. I don't know why I was so against having another birthday, it was a great day! After work, I celebrated with many drinks! oh man...that was also hilarious.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At October 3, 2009 at 7:32 PM , Blogger Emily said...

Glad you had such a great birthday!! I haven't been able to find WCW, but Lousiana just has regular PB. So lame here! I've ordered some online! =]

 
At October 3, 2009 at 9:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday! looks like you had a great day!

 
At October 4, 2009 at 9:03 AM , Blogger Jenny said...

a birthday just ain't a birthday without chocolate -- especially in PB form :) glad to hear you had such a fabulous day!

 
At October 4, 2009 at 10:35 AM , Blogger Mari said...

I am so happy to hear you had a great birthday =) and I love the Elvis balloon hehe

 
At October 4, 2009 at 10:34 PM , Anonymous Jocelyn said...

ahhh so glad you had an awesome bday. Love all the pretty flowers ;) That Elvis balloon is HULARIOUS. I have an old roomie who is a hardcore Elvis fan..she woulda loved that ;) So glad you treated yourself to a nice prezzie on your bday as well <3

 
At October 5, 2009 at 1:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a good one! 26 was my favorite birthday so far. I took turning 25 pretty hard (which led to my health transformation so I guess it was a good thing) so it was like refreshing to me or something. 27 is not bad, just the same as 26 really :)

 
At October 8, 2009 at 7:38 AM , Anonymous Melissa said...

OMG! That salad looks SO good. That's why my friends call me the Queen of Leafy Greens and Chick Peas.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home