This Page

has been moved to new address

You are not a unique snowflake.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: You are not a unique snowflake.

This Page

has been moved to new address

You are not a unique snowflake.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: You are not a unique snowflake.

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

You are not a unique snowflake.

Do you ever feel that way? I pride myself in being different and unique but there are days when I feel like I'm trying too hard. Blah.

This week hasn't been too great. At least it's Wednesday and almost over. I accomplished some of my goals. I still need to get a good run in so that is my plan for tonight. I want to do 2 miles using the run 90 secs/walk 60 seconds plan. We will see.

I'm feeling weird about turning 26 on Friday even though it shouldn't bother me. It's just that I still listen to the same music that I did in high school, I still feel awkward around new people, I am still painfully shy and overly talkative (not a good combo, I assure you. My foot is in my mouth ALL THE TIME.) My friends are starting to get married, have babies, start careers and pay off debt. Some even own property. It's insane to me. Am I really old enough to be responsible for anything? I guess in a way I feel like everyone around me is changing and I am staying the same. I've been this way forever. It's weird enough being married (I don't feel like that's changed who I am at all. Andy and I are like two old ladies anyway.) I guess I just have anxiety about all of the other "adult" things I have to look forward to. Personally I just want to go to Disneyland, shop for things I don't need and watch Gossip Girl.

That being said, there are a lot of things I enjoy about being older and I wouldn't want to go through being 16 ever again. I've had enough angst and Dashboard Confessional already.

Enough with my rambling! (omg 4 years till 30. 1 year till my 10 year high school reunion.)

011

On Sunday after a run, I made a brunch for me and Andy using recipes I found on cooking light aka my new favorite website. I made cheesy scrambled eggs using 3 eggs, salt, pepper, a splash of non-fat milk, 1/4 cup low fat sharp cheddar and 1 tsp olive oil. Works like a charm everytime. Andy and I split the eggs and had 1 serving of Hash Brown Casserole with Bacon, Onions and Cheese

012

The hash browns look funky because I am overly ambitious and I attempted to lighten them up even more by using 2% cheese. Low-fat and non-fat cheese is alright in it's place and it's place is in hell. It does not melt and it looks odd. Tastes fine though. Next time I make this casserole, I'd omit the cheese. It doesn't need it.

013

Andy was sweet and made me a nonfat sugar free vanilla latte with our espresso maker from his mom. We love it! Andy used to work at Starbucks so I let him make all of our coffee drinks. I am clueless and would most likely burn myself.

So I'm curious. Do you have anxiety about birthdays? Am I alone in this?

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At September 30, 2009 at 7:54 AM , Blogger Mrs. LC said...

I don't necessarily have anxiety over birthdays but I know how you feel. I'm younger than you and I have friends in their masters, or already deep in careers, able to travel everywhere, buying houses, having babies...it FREAKS. ME. OUT.

 
At September 30, 2009 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Mari said...

You are def not alone! I am 29, still single, living on my own and everyone I know is either married or in a serious relationship and having kids and here I am in the same place.

And even the way I dress does not say older person...let's see, I am at work right now and I am wearing dark blue bootcut jeans with a sweater and Ed Hardy Sneakers... hmm yea REAL grown up ha

And also I have noticed that a lot of bloggers are married etc.

I feel like I am one of the few single bloggers lol

I think you bday plans sound perfect =)

And also I know what you mean about trying to be original. When I was 18 I got my first tongue ring and then I noticed everyone had them so then I got a second one and boom I saw someone with two also so I went and got a THIRD! I ended up taking them all out a few months ago though, they were hurting my gums.

Try to stay postive! Oh how was your weigh in????

 
At September 30, 2009 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

Mari I totally forgot to post about it! The weigh in didn't happen last night because I had to work late. :(

 
At September 30, 2009 at 8:47 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

fully loaded cheese for me too please! Cheese is one thing I just can't seem to cut back on... especially brie mmmm

 
At September 30, 2009 at 9:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

right now i'm fine with my age... but i'm feeling like next year when i turn 25 and get married two months later i'll suddenly have a "i am getting OLD crisis".

i'm also already banking on having a "maybe i shouldn't change my name!" crisis too. change is hard.

 
At September 30, 2009 at 2:13 PM , Blogger Pam said...

I had a hard time turning 29. I just turned 39 and I loved it. I look forward to my 40's and watching my children grow. Life gets better and better with age.

I think the casserole sounds delicious.

 
At September 30, 2009 at 6:14 PM , Blogger Lynne said...

I had a really hard time with my 26th birthday, and now I'm months away from 30. I'm not freaking out about 30 yet, but ask me again as we get closer to February. I really don't feel or look my age, and while everyone around me is married and having kids, I'm single and have no kid plans for a long time.

 
At September 30, 2009 at 6:17 PM , Blogger Anna said...

nope, don't get anxiety about getting older (although I do get it about other things). I'm a firm believer in the fact that I'm "making my own way there" and In never ever compare where I am in my life now to where my friends are. We're such a diverse bunch anyway it wouldn't be fair!

 
At September 30, 2009 at 9:15 PM , Blogger Andy said...

its not like you don't know how i feel already, but i can't wait to get older. being young is hard and its especially hard in southern california in the middle of an economic recession when just paying your bills on time is a good month. think of us in ten years amanda...we are going to be well off. i like having responsibilities and i like being busy and i don't understand people who refuse to grow up.

and being married is pretty sweet too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home