This Page

has been moved to new address

Rome: The Colosseum

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Rome: The Colosseum

This Page

has been moved to new address

Rome: The Colosseum

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Rome: The Colosseum

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Rome: The Colosseum

Andy and I really wanted to see the Colosseum in Rome. Really really badly. In fact, it was the first thing I pictured in my mind when I daydreamed about Rome back in the day. Italy=Colosseum.

We woke up nice and early the next day without feeling too jet-lagged. I'm glad we forced ourselves to adapt to Italian time. It was the best way to make the most of our eleven days in Italy.

Breakfast at our hotel was served buffet style. If you know me, you know that I'm a volume eater and I love food so of course I went overboard. It's a good thing we walked everywhere in Italy.

062

This omelette was made with creamy fontina cheese, red onion and tomatoes. It was so fresh, tasty and most likely impossible for me to replicate. I loved it!

063

I shared it with my new husband of course!

061

And I grabbed a bowl of fresh fruit. Fruit is so good in Italy. We always found fresh fruit in carts around touristy areas and we always bought some of it and we ALWAYS raved about it afterwards. This bowl contained kiwi, strawberries, pineapple and cant elope. (LOL!)

060

Then to add to my already expanding waistline, I grabbed a slice of bacon, some brioche and some cheese. I didn't like the cheese as much as I thought I would so I barely touched it.

059

The food with some "american coffee."

And then we booked it to the train station.

076

For this. Breath taking isn't it? I literally started to tear up when I saw this. I love history and learning about other cultures and this just did it for me. Just wait till I tell you about how I acted at the Sistine Chapel!

085

087

101

We had to take a lot of self-portraits. Sometimes we'd get lucky and meet with other honeymooners who would offer to take pictures for us and vice versa but sometimes not. If you are planning on honeymooning soon, I suggest looking for other couples/families who seem to be attempting to take pictures of themselves. (It's hilarious!) Offer to take their picture for them and I'm sure they will extend the same gracious nature to you.

107

I'll be back soon with more! Can't wait to share it with all of you.

Honeymoon Recap 1

Honeymoon Recap 2

P.S. I meant to post about not having diabetes but I never did. I'm still insulin-resistant. No shots for me! :)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At September 24, 2009 at 3:01 AM , Blogger Erica said...

GORGEOUS pics! I love buffet breakfasts but for the fruit alone. Fruit can be expensive and its fun to have full range at a bundle of different fruits!

 
At September 24, 2009 at 4:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am such a volume eater too that buffets are a danger zone :) haha

oh man those pictures are gorgeous!! hope you two are enjoying yourselves :)

 
At September 24, 2009 at 5:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl, love the pictures! The Colosseum is so cool, I hope to see it (and the Sistine Chapel too!) someday.

I got your comment on my page and I just want to extend an offer to chat outside of comments, so please email me if you want: sarahtrains4u@gmail.com

I'm also glad to hear you do not have diabetes, praise the Lord! Talk to you soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home