This Page

has been moved to new address

Ancient Rome

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Ancient Rome

This Page

has been moved to new address

Ancient Rome

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Ancient Rome

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Ancient Rome

Hi guys! Andy finally decided to post a blog! Enjoy!

151
So this is the Roman Forum. This view, I believe is from Palatine Hill. It is sort of awe inspiring when you think of what Rome used to be. This was basically partially enclosed with like 200 feet walls. Its amazing
153
We took a "walking tour" of the forum using our Rick Steve's Guidebook. If you plan on taking a trip to Europe, Rick Steve's will be the best investment you buy. Great restaurant and hotel tips as well as mini-walking tours and breakdowns of different ancient and contemporary sites.
157
Rome loves marble. Marble loves Rome.
158
Perhaps the best part of Italy is the food. Instead of fast food, Italy is full of wonderful little places where you can grab a quick sandwich, panini, or pizza. This was a tomato, basil, and mozzarella sandwich. They are all pre-made and panini pressed to perfection. Amazing.
159
Pizza. Pizza comes in a variety of forms. This was a mushroom, tomato, pesto pizza I believe. I love pizza. I would marry pizza. If could I would name my first born pizza. Amanda would object.
160
Amazing little wood shop. We bought a couple of little wood magnets. I bought a cat that was dressed in an AS Roma uniform that also doubles as a bottle openers. Genius!
161
Gelato is clearly the best stuff on earth. This, if memory serves, was nutella flavored. We went sort of nutella overboard on the trip.
166
I think I had tiramisu flavored gelato. We had gelato at least once a day, often two. The best part of Italy is that we walked everywhere and both of us LOST weight during our trip despite eating anything and everything. It really does show what a little exercise does. The day we explored Ancient Rome I assume we walked 10-15 miles. We were beat, but worth it.
167
The Pantheon! This is amazing. Walking around the streets of Rome and you just see this amazing building pop out of nowhere. And any tourist trap means tons of weirdos. People watching is amazing, especially in a place where so many people from different countries converge.
168
Reading about this, the Romans built the Pantheon with the intention of having it be a domed building despite not knowing how to construct a dome. Eventually, they figured it out.
175
Inside the Pantheon. So beautiful. I'm not a religious person, but it is really exciting for me to see some of these fantastic religious institutions. I minored in Religious Studies in college and religion fascinates me.
180
I believe behind the scaffolding, this was the monument to Italy's first President. It is a giant marble building. Amazing.
181
A better view of the monument. From what I understand many Romans find it an eyesore, and it does stand out a bit being so white, but it is impressive. Just behind it is the Roman Forum, complete with like 500 stairs.
182
Italian cars are cute.
183
This was the short way up. The other way was an imposing monster staircase.
184
The she wolf. Nursing are Remus and Romulus. I don't remember why this is important, but it is. It is a neat little statue.
186
Rome. A beautiful amazing place to be. If you get a chance, you must.


Missed a honeymoon recap?

Honeymoon Recap 1

Honeymoon Recap 2

Honeymoon Recap 3

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At September 29, 2009 at 2:36 AM , Blogger Erica said...

So gorgeous! Glad you two had such an amazing time. I am still yet to try gelato (I know!)- yours looks incredible

 
At September 29, 2009 at 4:44 AM , Blogger Dawn Dishes It Out said...

Que Bella! Wow!! Looks like you had a fabulous time.

4 1/2 years & we'll be there. My hubby and I are going with our kids for our 10 year anniversary! Seeing your pics makes me want to go this year!!!!

 
At September 29, 2009 at 5:34 AM , Blogger Mrs. LC said...

Wow, amazing! Looking at these pictures bring SO many memories back to me!

 
At September 29, 2009 at 8:57 AM , Blogger RunToTheFinish said...

yeahhh this totally make me think of our honey mooon...oohh so fun!!!

Don't forget to checkou the yummy salsa giveaway http://runtothefinish.blogspot.com/2009/09/salsa-dancing.html

 
At September 29, 2009 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

don't you love that! Being able to eat what you want and still lose weight in the end! =P My favorite gelato was the pistachio, I tried it everywhere we went. Romulus and Remus were the founders of Rome according to mythology. I'd love to go back some day...

 
At September 29, 2009 at 4:40 PM , Blogger Emily said...

Rome is so beautiful! I'm glad yall had such a great time!

 
At September 29, 2009 at 9:34 PM , Blogger lynn said...

oh how i love gelato in italy. when i was there we made a video entitled "gelato for breakfast"

 
At September 30, 2009 at 7:02 AM , Blogger Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

it was fantastic! I miss Rome tons.

 
At September 30, 2009 at 7:41 AM , Anonymous brandi said...

so beautiful! Glad you enjoyed your time and all that gelato :) When in Rome!

 
At October 1, 2009 at 11:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nutella flavored gelato?! I must go to Italy ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home