This Page

has been moved to new address

Accomplishment!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Accomplishment!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Accomplishment!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Accomplishment!

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Accomplishment!

I am so happy because I got so much done today!

1. I went to the DMV before work today and changed my last name to my married name.
2. I renewed my license which expires on my birthday. (This friday!)
3. I made a Dr's appt for some bloodwork and a TB test. (I need to pass the TB test to get into the teaching credential program. It shall be a breeze.)
4. I made arrangements to volunteer at a middle school that I love. I start Friday.
5. I ran/walked 2 miles!

The couch to 5k program is great. I am still slow as molasses but my time is definitely getting faster. I feel like it is going to take me forever to train for the 5k in December. By the way if any of you are local (L.A./Ventura county area) and want to run it with me, let me know! I warn you, I am slow! I am just doing the 5k for the fun of it!

016

Sunday night, I made these burgers from Cooking Light. I used this recipe and lightened it up a bit.

I used whole wheat buns, low far muenster cheese and no mayo. Andy and I are not mayo fans.

017

We had baked bourbon beans with the burgers. Totally a "man" meal. At least it feels like it. Sunday night football with burgers, beers and beans? Manly right?

015

Of course after eating it, I noticed that we had NO veggies. (red onions do not count.) I need to start making more veggie side dishes but I suck at creating anything other than roasted veggies or salads. Any ideas?

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At October 1, 2009 at 6:44 AM , Anonymous Danielle said...

Love the burgers, they look fantastic.
Do you like steamed veggies? I buy frozen boxes/bags of veggies, and pop those in the a large tuperware container with a little water and pop that in the microwave for 4 or 5 minutes while I'm cooking up the rest of the dinner, super easy!

 
At October 1, 2009 at 6:59 AM , Blogger Mari said...

Kudos on getting so much done =)

Where did you get those beans??? they looks really yummy

 
At October 1, 2009 at 7:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugh, i am so not excited for changing my name!

if you get them on sale some of the green giant mixes (they've got ones with sauce, ones that say they're for immunity, etc) are a nice way to mix up what veggies you eat-even with sauce they're not too calorie dense.
and i love steamed green beans with tomato sauce, it's a good combo.

 
At October 1, 2009 at 8:45 AM , Anonymous Meg @ Be Fit Be Full said...

Green beans with butter or olive oil and lemon are the best! Just had them last night in fact :)

 
At October 1, 2009 at 11:00 AM , Anonymous Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

Sweet potatoes! :)

 
At October 1, 2009 at 11:07 AM , Blogger Missy said...

YAY for two miles! Who cares how slow you are - you're doing it!

 
At October 1, 2009 at 3:45 PM , Blogger Anna said...

Yay on 2 miles, you're doing great. Speak to any seasoned runner and they'll tell you that when they started out the jump from nothing to 5ks seemed huge, and then doubling that to 10? No way... what about a half mara 10K to 21?? Not to mention doubling that again for a full marathon. It always seems impossibly hard until you're on the other side. Stick with it you're doing great!

 
At October 1, 2009 at 4:22 PM , Blogger Emily said...

You're doing great!! At least you're attempting to do something and that's a lot more than what most people are doing! I love the Couch to 5K program!

I always steam my veggies. When I do broccoli I put a wedge or two of Laughing Cow in after I drain it and I have a nice cream sauce!

 
At October 1, 2009 at 4:24 PM , Blogger Erica said...

What a great day! So glad the couch to 5k program is rocking it for you :) Those beans look awesome. I'm pretty plain with my veggies- roasted or grilled! Its also fun to sneak them into your meals. Veggies into pasta, put spinach in with your burger meat before you cook it, etc

 
At October 1, 2009 at 9:10 PM , Blogger Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

thanks for all the support guys! :)

 
At October 1, 2009 at 9:25 PM , Anonymous Allison (Eat Clean Live Green) said...

Great job on the run! The couch to 5 k program is awesome :)

 
At October 2, 2009 at 10:41 AM , Anonymous One Healthy Apple said...

Congrats on your accomplishment! I have gone to Social Security but the DMV part still scares me!

 
At October 3, 2009 at 2:03 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

great job knockin' things off that to-do list! I avoid the DMV at all costs! It is definitely the most hated place on the planet, except for the Dentist.. of course!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home