This Page

has been moved to new address

Anxiety

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Anxiety

This Page

has been moved to new address

Anxiety

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Anxiety

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Anxiety

I had a rough time sleeping last night because I was having so much anxiety. I hate that! I have a big test on October 6th and I am so nervous about it. I'm taking the CBEST (California Basic Educational Skills Test) so I can be a teacher. My ultimate goal is to teach high school english. It's something I've always wanted to do. Now that I've graduated college, all I have to do is get my teaching credential. Unfortunately I stay up late at night worrying about it all the time. I just want to be done already!

Does this happen to you when you get close to reaching a goal? I think a big part of me is just worried about failing.

It's the same with running. I want to be able to run more than one mile without wanting to die but I can't. Yesterday I tried to follow some tips from Jeff Galloway but still struggled with running a mile. My goal for this week is to run a mile and a half. It's not much and I am a little embarassed about how much I am struggling but I need a goal and that is it. Blah. I feel disappointed in myself because six months ago, I could run 2 miles no problem.

Goals for this week
(I work Monday-Friday & Sunday so that explains the lack of plans)

Monday-Call schools for observation hours, workout for 30 minutes, make dinner and study for the CBEST.

Tuesday- Weigh-in, call professor for a recommendation letter, study.

Wednesday- Set up observation hours, workout for 30 minutes, make dinner and study.

Thursday- Take CBEST practice test, make dinner and workout at least 30 minutes.

Friday- MY 26th BIRTHDAY! I have to work but I want to celebrate somehow.

Saturday-plan something fun, workout for 30 minutes.

Sunday- Work (I never work on Sundays weird!) and relax. Possibly swim?

Thanks for reading. I appreciate all of you. I already feel better for just sitting here and working out my feelings.

Labels:

15 Comments:

At September 28, 2009 at 8:21 AM , Blogger Rose said...

Anxiety is the worst thing ever when it comes to stress. No matter what, it's just so hard to shut the mind off.

I would try some deep breathing or meditation any time you start feeling panicky. It's natural to feel this way - especially before a big test! I have been there before.

You will do great, I know that! But I know what it's like to still second-guess yourself. Sending good vibes your way!

 
At September 28, 2009 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Mari said...

I hope you feel better honey, try to take it easy and make sure you have fun on your birthday!!!!!!

Good Luck on your test, I am sure you will do great =)

 
At September 28, 2009 at 8:49 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

ooh yes! I definitely get worked up before something big. Especially interviews & exams. Just make sure you have water, take a deep breath and dive in! I'm sure you'll do just fine.

Don't feel embarrassed about running your mile. Even when I was in amazing shape, dancing every day at school and then after school (FAR from that now!) I could only do a 12-13 minute mile (lots of walking breaks). I'd love to be able to, but I can't run for the life of me! I always get shin splits.

Hope you have a fun birthday!

 
At September 28, 2009 at 9:00 AM , Blogger Missy said...

Good plan for the week! I find that scheduling exercise is the only way I stick to it. Have a great week - good luck preparing for your test!

 
At September 28, 2009 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

You should really come to Disney on Friday and get your birthday giftcard. It's like $70 and you can use it to buy a ticket on another date. You guys can come up and we can have a joint birthday dinner and make friends with all the bears in red.

 
At September 28, 2009 at 9:36 AM , Blogger Jenny said...

that's great that you want to become a high school English teacher -- that's what I'm going to school for now :)

Best of luck on your exam! try to stay calm.. yoga always helps me to ease my stress :)

 
At September 28, 2009 at 10:12 AM , Blogger sam said...

amanda did you ever here anything from TNT? I really want to do it or sign up for a 5k and I wanted to see if you'd be down to do it with me?

and girl i'm sorry your feeling anxious and stuff, i hope you feel better!

 
At September 28, 2009 at 10:12 AM , Blogger Erica said...

Most importantly- HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!!!! How exciting :)

I also have a tendency to get super stressed out about important things in my life or just things that are coming up in general. I think it really helps to take 15 minutes each day to just relax. Let your minder go! Lists also help a ton- I feel more more organized and ready.

 
At September 28, 2009 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Erica said...

Ok- sorry-my computer got messed up. Hope you got the idea of what I was attempting to type minus the difficulties!

 
At September 28, 2009 at 10:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i took the CBEST a few years ago, and i promise it's not too bad! have you done the practice one online (do they still have that?)? taking it helped ease my mind a LOT

 
At September 28, 2009 at 5:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

what really helped me when I started trying to run was the Couch to 5K program. Just google that, and it's this training program with the run/walk intervals all figured out, and at the end of the program, you're able to run for 30 minutes, or 5k. I really loved it - a great way to ease into running without beating myself up over my out-of-shapeness!

 
At September 28, 2009 at 7:22 PM , Anonymous Joyce said...

Amanda, I took the CBEST a few years ago, and it was just fine. You'll do great and you'll be a wonderful teacher, too. Meanwhile, check out this darkly amusing op-ed in today's New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/28/opinion/28farley.html?_r=1

 
At September 28, 2009 at 11:21 PM , Blogger Anna said...

Hi Amanda,

I hope you're feeling better soon, anxiety is the worst.

Don't be embarrased about your struggles, the satisfaction you have when you achieve your goals (and you WILL achieve them) will be that much greater for having fought to get there - trust me!

Go easy on yourself, be kind, be patient and HAVE FUN ON YOUR BIRTHDAY!!

 
At September 30, 2009 at 7:01 AM , Blogger Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

Thanks for all of your sweet comments :)

 
At October 1, 2009 at 11:04 AM , Anonymous Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

Have a happy birthday tomorrow!! I think 26 was my favorite year so far :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home