This Page

has been moved to new address

Redondo Beach's Chez Melange

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Redondo Beach's Chez Melange

This Page

has been moved to new address

Redondo Beach's Chez Melange

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Redondo Beach's Chez Melange

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Redondo Beach's Chez Melange

Recently Andy attended a teaching conference in Redondo Beach. I decided to take a few days off work to come visit him. While Andy was at the conference I consulted Yelp to see if I could find a cute restaurant to take him to.

All signs pointed towards Chez Melange. Check out their reviews on Yelp if you're interested.

We walked in right around opening time. The staff was friendly and helpful showing us the menu and highlighting the specials. Andy and I were both in the mood for a cocktail so we started the evening out right.



I ordered a pom-tini. What else is new?



Andy ordered a cheese plate for us to share. It came with honey, pears, crumbly 7 year cheddar, goat cheese and a strong stilton.



I got a pear and gorgonzola salad which we also split. I wish this picture was bigger so you could see how beautifully the salad was plated.



Some baked chips and dips. The dips were great and a fun alternative to the usual bread and butter starter at restaurants.



For my entree, I had the roasted pork with cheesy grits and green beans. I rarely ever eat pork and certainly could not finish this huge meal but it was delicious! The pork had so much flavor. The cheesy grits were good but I was already stuffed to the gills from the salad, cheese and pom-tini!





Andy ordered gnocchi with lamb. He says he enjoyed this dish. I'll let him post more about it in the comments. If he so desires!





We ended the evening with a foamy cappucino and creme brulee. The creme brulee had cacao nibs in it. YUM! We'd definitely love to check out Chez Melange again if we are ever around Redondo Beach. The staff was so nice! The owner even walked over to our table and chatted with us about the meal. I told him about how we found his place on yelp. I left the restaurant with a warm and fuzzy feeling, love that!

I am working on figuring out how to code html or use window's live writer. Any blogging tips?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At August 23, 2009 at 5:52 PM , Blogger Mari said...

I am drooling over the cheese plate and the gnocchi! And that pork looks so freaking good! It looks like the perfect meal =)

 
At August 24, 2009 at 8:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love windows live writer! It took me a while to figure it out and I'm still not too sure how it all works but it beats blogging directly from Wordpress.

 
At August 25, 2009 at 6:24 PM , Blogger Andy said...

I guess I will comment. The cheese plate was fantastic and I am not a huge fan of stinky cheese...but this was great.

The gnocchi with lamb was outstanding. I love braised lamb and will order it 9 times out of 10 if its on a menu. This was great. This place as huge portions, which is really nice but you can't really finish your food. Great meal over

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home