This Page

has been moved to new address

Pom-Balsamic Glazed Chicken

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Pom-Balsamic Glazed Chicken

This Page

has been moved to new address

Pom-Balsamic Glazed Chicken

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Pom-Balsamic Glazed Chicken

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pom-Balsamic Glazed Chicken

004

Last night Andy and I had a few friends over and made dinner. I made a salad with homemade raspberry vinegarette, raspberries, strawberries, feta cheese and toasted almonds. It was sort of like the delicious salad they served at our wedding!

The chicken was easy to make as well. I used balsamic vinegar, cornstarch and pom juice to make a nice balsamic glaze, added in asparagus and green onions and tossed it on top. The best part? This meal cost us under $30 to make and we have all of the condiments left over to make more meals. These days a meal under $30 for 4 people is really helpful. My best friend Tiffany contributed by making us a flourless chocolate cake which I did not take pictures of! It was fantastic.

This morning I was hungry for a big breakfast. I looked in the fridge and in the cabinets and felt like we had nothing. The lazy side of me wanted to suggest going out but the sensible side of me took over. My new mantra is "make something out of nothing" so I did just that.

005

I cut up the leftover strawberries from last night and mixed them with grapes and a nectarine.

006

Then using leftover tomatoes, green onions and fontina cheese, I made a quick omelette to share. It literally cost nothing to make and filled both of us up. Why don't I do this more often? I really need to start saving up money so Andy and I can afford to travel more. I'm hoping that the blog helps motivate me to cook at home more and to save some cash!

What do you do to save money? Do you stop going out to eat altogether? Or just cut back? Andy and I are planning on cutting back to going out for one meal a week.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At July 28, 2009 at 5:08 PM , Blogger Emily said...

That chicken looks amazing - as does your breakfast!!

I know I definitely need to cut back. I'm constantly eating out. It would help my checkbook so much if I just ate at home!!

 
At July 28, 2009 at 6:02 PM , Blogger Erica said...

What a fun little dinner party! I still have some of that POM juice left, maybe I will make this chicken for Josh...I think he would really enjoy it :) Thanks for the idea!

 
At July 28, 2009 at 6:15 PM , Blogger seussgirl said...

Sadly, one of our budget cuts has been to cut out eating out. :( We try to "stretch" by choosing lunch instead of dinner out, and by using our credit card rewards to get dining gift cards. I miss eating out...

 
At July 29, 2009 at 5:36 AM , Blogger Alison Can Read said...

I changed jobs about 18 months ago and took a big salary cut. Thankfully I have a lot more free time though. We were eating out several times a week. Now we've gone down to no more than once a week. Cooking at home is cheaper and a lot more fun.

To save money I also try to eat vegetarian much of the week.

 
At July 29, 2009 at 9:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love putting together stuff from ingredients I already have at home, I think sometimes that even makes it more satisfying! We have cut back on eating out, we try to stick to 1-2 meals per week. And just now I'm starting to make a list for the grocery and stick to it, not getting any extra stuff we don't need :)

 
At July 30, 2009 at 7:55 PM , Blogger Mrs. LC said...

First of all CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding! I'm just getting back to all things blog now, and wanted to wish you a big happy congrats. :) I can't wait to see pics and hear your recap from the big day! :)

Second of all, I know my husband and I don't eat out a lot. Right after we got married I was unemployed for 6 months, which led us to hardly EVER going out. It definitely was a lesson in food frugality, and limiting how often you eat out is a big way to save money! :) I love your "make something out of nothing" statement. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home