This Page

has been moved to new address

Weigh-in Saturday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Weigh-in Saturday

This Page

has been moved to new address

Weigh-in Saturday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Weigh-in Saturday

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Weigh-in Saturday

I wasn't able to weigh-in at my weight watchers meeting today because we are about to leave for San Diego to celebrate Andy's grandpa's birthday! Both of my grandfathers passed away when I was young so Andy's grandpa is definitely my honorary grandpa.

I weighed myself on my home scale and was down 5 lbs. Honestly I know that my scale and the WW scale differ (about a 3 lb difference) so lets just say I'm down another 2 making for a total weight loss of 7.8 lbs. Next Saturday is my birthday so I probably won't make it to Weight Watchers then either. But soon enough I'll weigh in on their scale and see exactly what it is.

I'm happy that the number on the scale isn't defining me. I only weigh in once a week and try not to obsess over it.

I ran a few times this week and can feel myself getting stronger and faster. My goal is to run a 13 min/mile at my next 5k race. Eventually I want to build back up and run a 10 min/mile pace but that will take time. Hopefully losing some weight will speed me up.

I've been drinking detox-green smoothies lately and I swear it gives me tons of energy. And for once I'm getting an appropriate amount of leafy greens in.

I'll update about San Diego soon! And BEER MONDAY.

How are you guys doing on your goals (weight loss related or not!)?

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At September 25, 2010 at 9:53 AM , Blogger Sara said...

Good for you, Amanda! I'm really struggling lately, and this week was a particularly difficult one. My knee is acting up again, and I've been exhausted. I did get a few runs in, and since my goal for exercise lately is just yo do it, that's good (I've worked out on non-run days, too). I'm frustrated that the scale doesn't budge in the right direction. You are inspirational to me! I feel like our goals and philosophy of how to get there are similar, and your success is motivational. It's like having a long-distance support buddy! Or something. :)

Have fun at Andy's grandfather's party! Happy birthday to him!

 
At September 25, 2010 at 12:17 PM , Anonymous Ameena said...

What a huge accomplishment Amanda! I am so thrilled for you.

I need to only weigh myself once a week too...that thing (scale) is an addiction, I swear!

 
At September 25, 2010 at 12:33 PM , Blogger Heather said...

I think it's great you're staying accountable. It's a hard thing to do!
Now, if I could just get my butt on the scale...........

 
At September 25, 2010 at 3:24 PM , Blogger REBrown said...

I'm interested in these detox green smoothies....I'm such a fitness product junkie..Where do you get them?

 
At September 26, 2010 at 8:40 PM , Blogger Yelena said...

Great job, Amanda! You are doing so well! I'm sorry we missed each other this weekend, but I'm sure we'll hang at foodbuzz!

 
At September 28, 2010 at 7:45 AM , Anonymous Notes from the Fatty File said...

You go, girl! Sounds like you're making awesome progress. Can you go to WW on Friday this week instead of Saturday?

 
At September 28, 2010 at 1:56 PM , Blogger Janetha @ meals + moves said...

big props on the loss!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home