This Page

has been moved to new address

I write, I travel, I eat...I AM ANTHONY BOURDAIN!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: I write, I travel, I eat...I AM ANTHONY BOURDAIN!

This Page

has been moved to new address

I write, I travel, I eat...I AM ANTHONY BOURDAIN!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: I write, I travel, I eat...I AM ANTHONY BOURDAIN!

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I write, I travel, I eat...I AM ANTHONY BOURDAIN!

So, rewind to July 5th, 2010. That is our anniversary. We are in Kauai, about to do some snorkeling. But first, it is a gift exchange. I gave Amanda a gift card to a local spa. She was pleased. Amanda gave me Anthony Bourdain's newest book, "Medium Raw" AND tickets to see him live September 18th in San Diego. Saturday was the 18th, so we saw Anthony Bourdain!!!

Amanda's edit: I have to thank Mama Pea for this one. I saw her blog about seeing him live and bought the tickets immediately after reading her post.


I love Bourdain. I love No Reservations, and I love his thoughts on how to travel and eat local. I try so hard when traveling to eat like the locals, but he makes it look way easy than it is. I find him hilarious on top of it. I love him on Top Chef. I love Kitchen Confidential. I love that if he read our blog he would think we were morons. I love his hate for vegans, equating them to terrorists organizations (I, of course, don't believe this true... just funny). I love his hate for Rachel Ray, Paula Dean, and Sandra Lee. I want to be Bourdain, minus the drug use. Ok, I have a man crush. Whatever.


009


008


So we were in the back, and the pictures didn't come out great, but that's ok.


017


Highlights:

1. The woman in front of us. So, we are sitting down and she sits down in front of us. Then she basically looks at us and others around us and sounds way too loud "I am surprised so many young people are here. I wouldn't think they could relate!" Amanda and I got the biggest laugh of the evening before the show started. Has this woman seen the show? He talked about The Ramones and the New York Dolls, which the woman was confused about. He talked about many sex acts that you don't bring up in polite company. He talked about eating the "poopchute" of a wild boar. The woman feel asleep about 20 minutes in. I'm not sure if she knew what she was getting into. I think she wanted Paula Dean's deep fried mac and cheese. She sucked, we laughed.

2. He talked about a few chapters of the book. McDonald's being evil and Ronald killing children. How fast food establishments might serve meat treated with ammonia. Sandra Lee molesting him. Funny, even if I knew the story.

3. His thoughts on all sorts of food personalities and shows. He likes Giada, even if she has a giant head. He likes Adam Richman, even if he is probably one more buffalo wing away from a massive coronary. He like Andrew Zimmern, who has had similar substance abuse issues as Tony. He likes Alton Brown, despite his hacky Iron Chef America show. He doesn't like Bobby Flay so much.

4. He took audience questions. I asked him a questions. I asked "So, I love Top Chef, but it appears to me that Padma hates the contestants, hates everything she eats, hates Tom and certainly hates you. Does she?" He replied that he doesn't really know her well enough, but that Gail is lovely. Read: "I can't say, because I like that gig and they pay me well. But yeah, she is a Bitch. Gail, however, is super attractive and if I wasn't married we would have a nice relationship."

5. Bad audience questions. I hope mine wasn't stupid. But compared to the 3 people asking him for jobs, the guy that asked why there was a viewer discretion advised warning before each episode, and the woman asking him if he ever smokes pot, I have a feeling I didn't suck so hard.

6. I love his thoughts on travel. So he shared how to get into other cultures and eat what they eat and live how they live. Makes me instantly want to travel more. So we will.


This is the back of my head, Tony listening intently.


022


After, we went to a local brewery which we have raved about in the past, Stone, and enjoyed a beer.


024


I look way too happy. I love you Anthony Bourdain. Thanks for a great evening. If I was a shameless self promoter I would have mentioned by blog to you. I didn't. I don't suck.

Labels: , , , , , ,

14 Comments:

At September 21, 2010 at 7:15 AM , Anonymous brandi said...

love this ;) So jealous you got to see him in person! He is hilarious.

 
At September 21, 2010 at 7:22 AM , Anonymous Mama Pea said...

So does he ever smoke pot? ;)

Good for you for asking a question, which I thought was hilarious!

And good for Amanda for taking advice from Mama Pea!

And bad for me for talking about myself in the 3rd person....

 
At September 21, 2010 at 9:46 AM , Blogger LKPheartsfood said...

That is awesome! I love me some AB, even if we disagree on some things (sorry, Anthony, I love cupcakes and won't apologize!) Looks like you guys had a super cool night.

 
At September 21, 2010 at 10:23 AM , Anonymous Lea @ Healthy Coconut said...

Thanks for sharing your experience. I watched No Reservations too, if it wasnt' for Anthony Bourdain, I wouldn't have ventured out in Hong Kong in search for this restaurant he featured on his show. He has definitely pushed me a little to go outside of my comfort zone when traveling and tasting local food.

I'm going to look up and see if he has anymore local shows.

 
At September 21, 2010 at 10:24 AM , Anonymous Lea @ Healthy Coconut said...

"He likes Giada, even if she has a giant head" made me laugh, I like her too.

 
At September 21, 2010 at 10:50 AM , Blogger kat said...

We got to see him a few years back at MOA & he is truly an entertaining man.

 
At September 21, 2010 at 11:25 AM , Anonymous emily (a nutritionist eats) said...

I also love Anthony!! I need to see if he's coming to my area, I would love that show!

 
At September 21, 2010 at 4:27 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

AWESOME!!!!! Andrew and I love Anthony Bourdain!! :) Haha, I don't like Bobby Flay either, that is hilarious!! ;)

 
At September 21, 2010 at 5:09 PM , Blogger lynn said...

i love him too. so does my vegetarian husband. and my mom, who, if you knew her, you would think "that's weird!"

 
At September 21, 2010 at 6:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok so I have a confession, I've never seen or read anything of his. Which is weird b/c I love to read, watch tv and love love love food so a bit odd.

I love when you go somewhere and a random person next to you leaves an impression. People watching is great.

 
At September 21, 2010 at 10:10 PM , Anonymous sophiaaaa said...

Hahahaha!! Anthony Bourdain isn't a STELLAR chef. But he is a STELLAR foodie, and I LOVE him for that. I idolize him, his adventures, his no bull-shit cracks, and his amazing, witty writing.

I don't hate on Rachel Ray, Paula Dean, and Sandra Lee...but I can't help but chuckle at his jokes about them, and I outright roar with laughter when he hates on vegans.

 
At September 22, 2010 at 11:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I have a friend who would be super jealous!

 
At September 22, 2010 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

Too cool that you guys went to see him. I'm jealous. hehehe... (in a good way)

 
At September 25, 2010 at 1:08 PM , Anonymous FoodCents said...

I didn't know Bourdain wasn't a Flay fan, but I like Bourdain even more, after learning of this.

I hope he smokes pot.....

The lady by y'all sounds like she is just taking up oxygen on this planet...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home