This Page

has been moved to new address

Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall!

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall!

Here is the next installment of Beer Monday. I get to wax about stuff I don't know about, while pretending I do.


Amanda and I have sort of fell in love with this beer from Dogfish Head:


008


Dogfish Head Festina Peche! I don't know how to pronounce it, but is is amazing. I'm not entirely sure how to describe it. It is sort of champagne light and bubbly but tastes like peaches and is a malt beverage. It is a great, light, and refreshing summer time beer. We love it, and it is probably going away (or already gone!...wait until next year.) We found it at Whole Foods.


I am double dipping today. Here is another beer we tried this week:


005


From the makers of Blue Moon, Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale. It is not nearly as intense and delicious as the Dogfish Head Punkin Ale. It is a great beer to enjoy with a fall-ish meal. We had with with some spaghetti squash, which I thought was great. You can tell it is mass produced and doesn't have the same love or quality of the DFH ale, but it isn't as full bodied either, which could appeal to people. I don't love it or hate it, just sort of indifferent, but I have no problem drinking it in large amounts. It is a brown ale with a bit of pumpkin spices.


So, best fall beer? I know last week people gave a ton of amazing suggestions, so Amanda and I will see if we can find some of them soon. Also, Oktoberfest starts soon, so I think we might need some amazing Oktoberfest beers. I have some favorites for sure, what about you?

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

At September 20, 2010 at 7:26 AM , Anonymous Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

Oh I have seen that beer before but have yet to try it! I'm planning on doing a pumpkin themed month next month on the blog and I'll be reviewing some different pumpkin beers. YaY! :)

Sierra Nevada makes a fall brew called Tumbler and it's pretty good. I'm hoping to get some more nut ales and Oktoberfest beers in to try. We had Leinekugel's (can you pronounce that? I cannot.) Oktoberfest and it's alright. Would like it better if it was a bit deeper in taste.

 
At September 20, 2010 at 7:28 AM , Anonymous kalin said...

fall = fresh hop beers (can you find any in cali? i have no idea. but hop trip from deschutes and chatoe frm rogue both get bottled)
and white ales have nice spices to them that can make them feel good for fall (i had an amazing one from Portland, ME last year. it was described to me as "like blue moon, but god"-clearly, from a portland beer snob, but a decent description)

 
At September 20, 2010 at 8:37 AM , Blogger Mo Diva said...

actually wish i would have known about the peachy beer sooner. sounds awesome!

 
At September 20, 2010 at 10:32 AM , Anonymous Dawn (HealthySDLiving) said...

I'm not a huge beer fan but I still really want to try a pumpkin beer this fall!

 
At September 20, 2010 at 1:59 PM , Blogger Samantha said...

I've been on the look out for some fall beers, but have had zero luck. We have some really boring stores in these parts and finding anything new and interesting is difficult :) I've been wanting to try that blue moon one as well.

 
At September 20, 2010 at 2:01 PM , Anonymous Biz said...

Hi Andy! I just tried that pumpkin beer over the weekend at my Mom's party - I described it as a "fall beer" as I didn't think it was too pumpkiny and more people tried it after I described it as that, rather than pumpkin beer.

I voted for you guys today!!

 
At September 20, 2010 at 3:20 PM , Blogger Cole said...

The best pumpkin beer I have ever had, it by far Shipyard's Pumpkin head....try to find it!

 
At September 20, 2010 at 5:57 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

I think I said this last week, but I'll say it again, Saranac Pumpkin is my favorite!!

 
At September 20, 2010 at 6:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't like the Sierra Pumpkin ale at all. I never had pumpkin ale but I thought it was taste different than that.

I like hofbrauhaus beer

 
At September 20, 2010 at 7:59 PM , Anonymous Eden said...

I have liver issues so I can't drink now, but my dad is belgian so I'm so picky about beers. The best is duvel, I think trader joes carries it. Are you coming to the Oktoberfest festival in Santa Monica?

 
At September 21, 2010 at 6:23 AM , Anonymous brandi said...

Yeah, I need to find some of these other pumpkin beers. That Blue Moon one is okay ,but I know there are much better ones.

That peach one sounds delicious!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home