This Page

has been moved to new address

Blog hog.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Blog hog.

This Page

has been moved to new address

Blog hog.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Blog hog.

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Blog hog.

Yesterday, at a blogging meetup Andy said I "hogged the blog." LOL. I guess I'll have to let him post more. I love that he wants to!

004

I found my camera. The world is okay again. (The secret to finding lost items is to tweet about it.)

I made eggplant parmesan with the organic eggplant from our organic pickup. It was the best eggplant I ever had. This time I sweated the eggplant. I learned this tip from a blog and will be forever thankful. You just sprinkle salt on the sliced eggplant and let sweat for 15 minutes. The eggplant seriously looked like it was sweaty.

007

Another important thing I learned from blogging is how to replace high fat/high calorie ingredients with healthier ones. I wanted to make macaroni and cheese. I wanted it so bad.

Here's the recipe I used.

Since my body doesn't tolerate dairy as well as I would prefer I substituted the butter for Earth Balance.

I also used half half&half and half nonfat milk to lighten it up

And whole wheat macaroni. It was still pretty rich but less so.

008

For sanitys sake, I served it on a salad plate with loads of steamed broccoli and a salad.

009

YUM. We have leftovers for 12 people. I got too excited.

001

The next day we were off to a food blogger meetup. I love meeting with other food bloggers.

003

In attendance: Marlon,Kaitlin, Me and Andy, Monica (Her lovely husband Ben took all of our photos. He's a keeper!)and Mama Pea, Gigi, Lulu and Pea Daddy.

Everyone was so nice and easy to talk to. I always think that California is lacking bloggers but clearly I am incorrect. Also how cute do the girls look in their pink mouse ear hats?

I loved meeting everyone and hope we can all get together again at the Foodbuzz Festival!

After the meet up, we met up with our BFFs.

004

We caught them on "It's a small world." It really is a small world. After all. I love going to Disneyland for a few hours. I want to go again already!

Are you going to the Foodbuzz Festival?

Labels: , , , , ,

17 Comments:

At September 12, 2010 at 10:02 AM , Anonymous Ameena said...

I was sad I missed the meet up but after Maya threw up twice I figured I'd spare you all and myself.

I'm even sorrier you can't make Sept 26 but we'll have to figure out another date.

Have a great Sunday! And you are not a blog hog!

 
At September 12, 2010 at 10:07 AM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

Omg, you met Mama Pea and her little Peas!!!!!!! Awesome!! I just love them!! And your shirt in that picture is soooooo cute!! :) You look great!! :)

That mac and cheese sounds wonderful! Andrew loves making lots of leftovers so we can keep eating them over and over and over! We don't get sick of things we love too easily! ;)

Haha, and Blog Hog... too cute! ;) Awesome that Andy loves blogging!! :)

 
At September 12, 2010 at 10:32 AM , Anonymous Rachel (Hounds in the Kitchen) said...

My 'trick' for lightening up mac and cheese is to sub half the whole wheat noodles for chopped cauliflower or broccoli.

I would love to come to Foodbuzz festival but it's not looking like I can afford flight and accommodations at the moment. :(

 
At September 12, 2010 at 10:57 AM , Blogger Andy said...

I was totally about to post this blog, when Amanda posted it first.

Then we had a knife fight.

She won.

I should probably echo the it was nice meeting everyone yesterday sentiment. I find it exponentially more exciting to read blogs of people I have met. So, thanks for meeting us!

 
At September 12, 2010 at 11:21 AM , Blogger Samantha said...

I don't lighten up mac n cheese because I like to enjoy all it's cheesy greasy-ness. However, like you, I always pair a cheesy dish with plain vegetables like green beans--makes me feel like I'm getting my greens in :)

 
At September 12, 2010 at 11:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap that mac looks fabulous!

I didn't think there were alot of bloggers in Charlotte but apparently there are. I read a lot of blogs from bloggers on the west coast and NY for some reason but not a lot in my area-weird I know.

Thanks for the tip on the eggplant, I've never heard of that before.

 
At September 12, 2010 at 12:19 PM , Anonymous Biz said...

Mmmmm...mac n cheese - best comfort food dish ever! Yours looks delicious.

What a fun meet up!

Fingers crossed I win the Nature's Pride recipe contest - would love to meet you guys!

 
At September 12, 2010 at 2:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that looks like some delicious eats!! What is the benefit to make the eggplant sweat??

 
At September 12, 2010 at 3:39 PM , Blogger RunEatRepeat said...

Andy, you better get better at knife fights or Amanda will continue to hog the blog.

I hope no one was seriously injured in the making of this post though.

Nice to meet you guys :)

 
At September 12, 2010 at 8:38 PM , Anonymous Marlon @MeInTheBalance said...

It was great to meet the both of you yesterday. Thanks for being nice to the new kid! Oh, and thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving comments.

Amanda, I'm going to have to try sweating eggplants. Andy, if you need a sparring partner to practice your knife-fighting skills, let me know. :)

 
At September 12, 2010 at 10:30 PM , Blogger Mary Bergfeld said...

I really enjoyed my visit. I love the food, recipes and ideas you feature here. It sounds like you min blogger convention was a great success. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

 
At September 13, 2010 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Pam said...

The eggplant parmesan and mac & cheese looks great. How fun to meet up with other bloggers!

 
At September 13, 2010 at 10:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both of your recipes looked delish! And yay for a blogger meet-up! Do you live close to San Fran? If so - maybe I could try to meet up when I am there for my marathon in Oct?

 
At September 13, 2010 at 12:48 PM , Blogger Mo Diva said...

aaaand i just learned a neat trick from you! sweating eggplant! brilliant!
the mac and cheese looks magnificent and anything that good with leftovers is a WIN in my book !

yay for andy posting... hog the blog andy!

 
At September 13, 2010 at 5:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really hope you guys go to Foodbuzz! It was so wonderful meeting both of you and I'm only sorry we couldn't all stick around for longer. :)

 
At September 13, 2010 at 6:33 PM , Anonymous ashleigh said...

wow that healthy version of mac and cheese looks delicious. I am a huge mac and cheese fan!
Sounds like a fun blogger meet up!

 
At September 14, 2010 at 7:15 AM , Blogger Heather said...

Now I'm seriously craving mac-n-cheese......mmmmmm...

That picture is GREAT - you all look fantastic!! Cute. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home