This Page

has been moved to new address

coffee, yogurt and running

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: coffee, yogurt and running

This Page

has been moved to new address

coffee, yogurt and running

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: coffee, yogurt and running

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

coffee, yogurt and running

002

Yesterday Andy and I spotted this sign while out doing errands. I had to stop and get some pumpkin pie frozen yogurt. It's my favorite!

003

I got a taste of pumpkin pie and cheesecake yogurt with some captain crunch on top. You can't tell but this is only 1/4 of the HUGE self-serve cup they give you.

004

Andy got blood orange. It was so delicious. Next time, I'm getting that flavor. Yogurtland gets two thumbs up. I love how creamy it is.

005

I was still craving yogurt this morning so I had some blueberry chobani with my morning coffee.

006

I found this coffee at Whole Foods. I was inspired by a post I saw on Heather's blog. It's great! I'm pretty happy. Thanks Heather!

007

Blueberry chobani is my second favorite greek yogurt flavor. I think my favorite is pineapple chobani. I'm addicted.

Andy went on a run last night (his first since his surgery) and it inspired me. I seriously cannot wait to start training again. My plan is to take it slow and easy. I was considering doing the Couch to 5k plan again since I know I'm not slow enough to just go out and run 3 miles.

Have any of you started running again after an injury? How did you get back out there?

I have physical therapy tomorrow, I have a list of questions for him.

knees

This is how I've been spending my time in therapy. Hooked up to electrodes and ice.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At September 7, 2010 at 11:11 AM , Blogger Angela said...

I'm doing physical therapy at the moment. My first day was last Thursday. I have overtrained a hip muscle and it's causing me pain whenever I run. I'm smack dab in the middle of training for a half marathon that is in 5 weeks, nice timing. He did a ton of stretches to see which muscle was hurt and then he did deep heat therapy followed by one of the coldest massages ever. Then he slapped an antiflammatory paid on it and called it a day. I'm slowly adding running back but it's tough.

I hope you are able to get back out there and quickly.

 
At September 7, 2010 at 2:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on the physical therapy, it really does help! Also I love pumpkin anything. I just had my first pumpkin spice latte of the season this weekend at Starbucks! My favorite latte and wish they would serve year round.

 
At September 7, 2010 at 3:01 PM , Blogger Mari said...

Thank you for checking up on me!!!! you are such a sweet heart!!!!!

Does the physical therapy feel like it is helping? Did they tell you when you can start training?

I started to get my leg pain again but I have been icing it, every chance that I get AND I found a new way to lace my sneakers, which I think is actually helping...

I have been doing 3-4 minutes jog and 2-3 minutes walk...I did that on sunday with my friend, and before I knew it, we already did almost 4 miles! sweet! =)

 
At September 7, 2010 at 3:02 PM , Anonymous Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) said...

Good luck with physical therapy!

The pumpkin yogurt sounds so good - i wish we had better froyo places in town, ours only has 3 flavors that rarely change - tart, green tea, and raspberry!

 
At September 7, 2010 at 5:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pumpkin fro yo? Must fund.

I am anxious to see how your running goes after your therapy, best of luck!!

 
At September 7, 2010 at 5:28 PM , Blogger Heather said...

OMG, are you serious? Pumpkin fro yo? Man, we can't even get a fro yo place to open up around here, let along get pumpkin flavors. I'm so jealous!

I've had IT band trouble ever since the Cleveland marathon in May. It blows. I've been REAL careful of my mileage (I keep it low and not increase more than 10% a week), and ice, ice, ice. Takes so much time........ :(

 
At September 7, 2010 at 5:51 PM , Blogger Samantha said...

What a fun blog--I love finding others from Cali!
Pumpkin--fro yo, that's what I'm talking about. The town I live in doesn't have a frozen yogurt shop--isn't that horrid?

 
At September 7, 2010 at 6:26 PM , Anonymous ashleigh said...

Good luck with the PT! I hope it's going well and that you are healed soon. I think that once you get clearance the C 2 5k would be a good idea. Don't get too discouraged because you will have lost some of your endurance, but I am sure it's not all gone!

 
At September 7, 2010 at 6:37 PM , Anonymous Emily said...

So glad you love blueberry- it's a runner up for me too. Next to honey though- LOVE my honey. Thanks for including us in your breakfast!

Emily
Communications Manger
Chobani Greek Yogurt

 
At September 7, 2010 at 8:21 PM , Anonymous Ameena said...

I have a permanent knee injury so running is a challenge. I just go for it when I feel up to it and stop as soon as I feel even a twinge of pain. I hope you feel better soon Amanda!

 
At September 8, 2010 at 8:18 AM , Anonymous Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) said...

The frozen yogurt looks so good!

I really like the Peach Chobani, that's my fave!

Good luck with physical therapy!

 
At September 9, 2010 at 2:49 PM , Blogger Janetha @ meals + moves said...

pumpkin pie froyo, i hope i can find that soon at a fro yo place near me! yum. random, but i really like your spice rack. from what i can see of it. and this may sound bad but i LOVE the ice and electrodes at PT! too bad i am all recovered (well, not too bad, but you know) because i found that part of PT so relaxing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home