This Page

has been moved to new address

Blog redesign

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Blog redesign

This Page

has been moved to new address

Blog redesign

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Blog redesign

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Blog redesign

If you haven't already, please "like" us on facebook! Send me a link to your facebook fanpage and we'll like you back. Two Boos Who Eat on FB.


So I am not savvy when it comes to blogging. I don't know how to use Windows Live Writer, I upload pictures via flickr and I can't figure out for the life of me how to change my twitter name without deleting and starting anew.

It's sad really.

Update! Thanks to Kalin & Liz my new twitter account can be found at click to follow me! If you are already following me, don't worry! We're all good.

I also want to move our blog from blogger to wordpress for several reasons.

1. I like that you can reply to comments. I think it makes it more personal.

2. The layout is way nicer.

3. All of my friends who are on wordpress rave about it.

So I think it's time to say goodbye to the old blogger blog and move to wordpress. But I truly cannot figure it out!

So I'm considering hiring someone to do the following.

1. Make a new Two Boos Who Eat header.
2. Move our blog and it's contents over to wordpress.
3. Help me register a domain name.
4. Design a new layout.

How much would that set me back, do any of you know?

Email me at twobooswhoeat@gmail.com if you have any advice, suggestions or recommendations on someone reliable to help me move our blog. Or convince me to stick with blogger. Haha.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At September 1, 2010 at 9:31 AM , Anonymous allijag said...

unfortunately - i dont really have anoyone to recommend. the girl who redid my site was "okay" - and i dont know if she knows about transfering stuff over. I really dont feel comfortable recommending her. BUT - in good news - I'M TOTALLY BEHIND YOU SWITCHING OVER TO WORDPRESS! It is a million light years better than blotspot. No worries - I still love you either way ;)

 
At September 1, 2010 at 10:56 AM , Blogger Dawn Dishes It Out said...

I am using April from AprilShowersBlogDesign.com

Unfortunately, mine is still in the process of being worked on but you can go to her site and view her portfolio. It's pretty impressive. She is also very reasonably priced. I am getting the WORKS for $300. My only complaint is it's taking slightly longer than I had hoped. But I figure for the price I can wait a few more weeks for completion.

Hope this helps!

PS: LiLu does blog design too! www.livitluvit.com

 
At September 1, 2010 at 11:07 AM , Blogger Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

I switched from Blogger to Wordpress and never looked back! I like how much easier it is for me to comment on pages that are Wordpress too instead of having to enter my info every time. I am also interested in self hosting and getting a new design so I'm interested to see how it works out for you!

 
At September 1, 2010 at 12:17 PM , Anonymous Ameena said...

Wordpress is so much better than blogger, I think you will be really happy after the switch.

I wish I had someone to recommend, but I am also looking for someone to help me fix my blog. If you find someone you are happy with let me know!

 
At September 1, 2010 at 1:12 PM , Blogger Mo Diva said...

i've been contemplating the move as well but cant figure out how to do it. or how to fund it.

 
At September 1, 2010 at 1:42 PM , Anonymous Rose said...

I think you could do #2 and #3 yourself, and if you went with an already designed template (like I do), then you could do #4 easily too. #1 would probably have to be done by someone else.

 
At September 1, 2010 at 4:02 PM , Anonymous Clarice said...

I agree with Rose. You can really do it yourself. Wordpress makes it very easy. I don't know any HTML, and I was able to do everything I wanted after going self-hosted with BlueHost on Wordpress.

 
At September 2, 2010 at 5:46 PM , Blogger h-factor v 2.0 said...

it sounds like something fun and worthwhile to do if you take your blogging really seriously(...clearly i'm no help in this dept.). if you're anywhere near a junior college or something, see if you can get a comp science major to move all your stuff as a term project. a few years ago i dated a guy who did it for relatively cheap and it looked good for credits, too.

 
At September 3, 2010 at 7:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love wordpress! I actually just set up my domain name at godaddy.com for about $20 for two years.

My friend Jenn showed me how to link my new domain name to my old wordpress one.

http://www.j3nn.net/

My layout is just one of the ones that wordpress offers, its called 2010.

I joined iStock.com and picked my header picture out of their stock. I think I got $15 dollars in "tokens" and my header cost about $9.

Hope that helps! Oh, and you and Andy should get my baja fresh salsa either today or tomorrow at the latest - I forgot to mention it, but you need to stir it up before you try it - it kind of separates when you can it.

Happy Friday!

Oh, and I feel embarrassed I never had you on my blogroll - that is fixed now!

 
At September 4, 2010 at 7:35 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

I know nothing about blog design/moving. No help there! But....I did add you on twitter! My twitter name is @erchla :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home