This Page

has been moved to new address

Fall

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Fall

This Page

has been moved to new address

Fall

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Fall

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Fall

I think it's safe to say that summer is over. While we'll miss the warm summer nights, time off from work and laying out on the beach, we're looking forward to the start of fall.

Fall for me means cardigan weather. I own 20-25 cardigans. I have an obsession with them. I tried to wear a few during the summer but it was too dang hot. Now that it's starting to cool off in the evenings, I have a perfect excuse. Plus, cardigans remind me of teachers and going back to school.

Fall also means pumpkin-flavored things. Which I love. I'm a huge pumpkin fan. I can burn out on it though so I try to enjoy during the fall only.

007

This Dogfish Head Punkin Ale was really good but heavy. I suggest drinking it with a lighter meal. (We had this with a serving of dry-rubbed pork loin and PW's Potatoes au Gratin and it was a bit too much.)

The beer tastes like pumpkin pie spices in a full-bodied brown ale. Amazing.

006

The proportions look skewed but I promise this is a kid's plate. I use smaller plates when serving heavier dishes to ensure a smaller portion. I halved the cheese in this recipe and still felt like it was perfectly rich and cheesy. PW does it again.

008

Breakfast this morning was pumpkin waffles. The waffles were great but I'd add it more pumpkin pie spice next time.

009

I served the waffles with more potatoes because I am glutton.

004

And organic pears and plums. I'm pretty sure I have to say goodbye to some of my beloved summer fruits (pluots!) and I'm sad. Good thing honeycrisp apples are on their way back to me. Jessica posted this delicious honeycrisp apple recipe and I am determined to recreate it. Her blog has me starving on multiple occasions.

I'm not going to lie, I'm looking forward to morning hikes and runs too. My physical therapist and podiatrist promise that I'll be running pain-free in a few weeks with the help of stronger hamstrings, custom orthotics and no more flip flops. Running in the fall trumps running in the fall. If only the leaves changed their color here. California doesn't have REAL seasons.

What is your favorite thing about fall?

PS. Don't forget to Fan us on facebook!

Also you still have time to enter our Maranatha giveaway

Labels: , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

At September 6, 2010 at 1:51 PM , Anonymous Jessica @ How Sweet said...

Thanks for the shoutout! And I looove that TJ's pumpkin pancake mix. I went through it so fast last year.

 
At September 6, 2010 at 2:33 PM , Blogger Heather said...

I'm a HUGE apple pie fan, and anything pumpkin! Pumpkin pie, ale, waffles, pancakes, donuts, cookies, etc, etc, etc.......BRING.IT.ON.

 
At September 6, 2010 at 3:40 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

I loooooove pumpkin!! We have pumpkin beers to go with our dinner tonight :)

 
At September 6, 2010 at 4:14 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

I'm so ready for Fall!!!!! My favorite part of Fall is all of the yummy food eaten with the people I love!! :) Those pumpkin waffles look wonderful!!

 
At September 6, 2010 at 7:10 PM , Anonymous Leianna said...

I'll miss pluots, plums and peaches too but honeycrisps and other apples excite me. My brother does research at the University of MN with the horticulture department where they dream up/invent new apple types. Last year was the Sweet Tango and it was amazing, can't wait to see what they come up with this year!

 
At September 6, 2010 at 7:20 PM , Anonymous Lily @ Lily's Health Pad said...

I'm a total cardigan junkie myself. Can't wait to start wearing them!

I think my fave thing about fall is that it's the advent of my running season. I am dying for some cooler temps here in SC!

 
At September 6, 2010 at 10:18 PM , Blogger Bexter said...

Dogfish Head makes amazing beer! I tend to only drink pumpkin ale during the fall as well - makes it seem MUCH more special :)

 
At September 7, 2010 at 2:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that you reviewed that pumpkin ale. My goal this fall was to actually try a pumpkin ale. I had saw that particular brand at Whole Foods the other day but didn't pick it up.

 
At September 7, 2010 at 6:30 AM , Blogger Beth said...

I had my first dogfish punkin of the year this weekend too...around a bonfire on the beach at our beach house, which just happens to be ~6 miles from the Dogfish Brewery! We love to buy beer right from the brewery!

 
At September 7, 2010 at 8:02 AM , Anonymous Biz said...

I love fall - my daughter has the same obsession with sweaters as you do - she told me yesterday "I can finally bring out my sweaters!"

Our nights get down to 50 degrees -love it!

 
At September 7, 2010 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Mo Diva said...

fall = cute shoes, jakets and hats!
love the fall

also, my birthday season! woo hoo! geting old rocks (a little)

 
At September 7, 2010 at 3:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your figgy recipe sounds delish! I am going to have to find me some figs and stat! And yay for the pumpkin season. I am so excited about it!

 
At September 11, 2010 at 9:31 AM , Blogger seussgirl said...

LOVE fall! I love fall-scented candles - pumpkin, macintosh apple, "autumn lode." Mm....
I have a great pumpkin-orange cake recipe with pomegranates on top, from Cooking Light that people always ask me to make.
And I love the leaves changing, one of my favorite parts of living here - sorry you miss it! You just need to take a fall vacation. :)
Oh, yeah, and I love football! Really, I think I love everything about fall. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home