This Page

has been moved to new address

New elbow

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: New elbow

This Page

has been moved to new address

New elbow

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: New elbow

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

New elbow

Thanks for all of your well wishes on Andy's surgery. He has some nerve damage (his ulner nerve) near his elbow. Hopefully the surgery will be successful and his nerves will feel good as new. It takes a few months to know if it worked or now. I'll have Andy post about it at some point.

025

In case you were wondering...leftover salad tastes amazingly delicious.

026

Especially when it's paired with a turkey, gouda, red pepper spread and seedy bread sandwich.

027

YUM. And yes, I totally use my Snoopy plates all the time instead of our nice dishes. I am weird.

028

But what I really want to share with you is my recreation of a favorite omelette. Andy and I frequent a restaurant out here called Eggs & Things. They have an omelette (omelet?) called the Eggs & Things and it's so good. It consists of 3 eggs, cheese, ortega chiles, bacon and sour cream.

030

I made some (they are a little ugly. I need to perfect my omelette flipping skills) by mixing 4 eggs with a little skim milk, pepper, chiles, bacon and cheese. Then I cooked the omelette, flipped it like a rookie and topped that bad boy with chiles and sour cream. I cut it in half because 4 egg omelettes are intense. We each had a half with some fruit and really enjoyed them. Eggs & Things still makes it better...

029

But our fruit bowl is better. It never sat underneath a heat lamp. We had some white nectarines and strawberries.

031

Andy contributed to this breakfast by making coffee. He is such a stud when it comes to coffee. I literally have never attempted to make coffee myself because his is so good. Our coffee maker isn't really that complicated...well maybe the espresso part?

032

And yes...Andy dumps tapatio on EVERYTHING.


Have you ever recreated a favorite meal from a restaurant? How did it turn out?

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At July 29, 2010 at 2:10 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

Yep, just posted about recreating a restaurant meal at home today! ;) I'm ALL about making your favorite meals at home b/c it saves money and I can find ways to make it healthier.

Hope all went well today for Andy!!

 
At July 29, 2010 at 5:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Why does this all look so ridiculously good? i want some!

 
At July 29, 2010 at 6:16 PM , Anonymous Autumn @Good Eats Girl said...

Your breakfast looks amazing....I think that's the best thing about omelets...they don't have to be pretty and they usually turn out delish!!!

 
At July 29, 2010 at 6:25 PM , Blogger lynn said...

hope andy recovers quickly and that we'll see you on the 7th!!!

 
At July 30, 2010 at 9:52 PM , Anonymous Ameena said...

I am hopeless at creating restaurant dishes, mainly because I am too lazy/cheap to purchase all the necessary ingredients. Garlic is one thing I just can't get myself to buy, I have no idea why.

I hope that Andy recovers from his surgery ASAP! And I hope he isn't as helpless as my husband who drives me NUTS when he is sick/out of commission. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home